Vince Vaughn hearts Ron Paul
September 19th, 2011

Vince Vaughn hearts Ron Paul

(CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul received some celebrity love, care of Vince Vaughn Friday.

The actor and comedian introduced the Texas congressman at the Liberty Political Action Conference in Reno, Nevada.

"Vince is a great guy who loves Liberty," Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton told CNN. "Dr. Paul is proud to have his friendship and support."

According to Paul's website, Vaughn invited Paul and his wife to the premiere of his 2009 film "Couples Retreat," and Vaughn endorsed Paul's 2009 book "End the Fed."

Vaughn is best known for starring roles in such films as "Wedding Crashers" and "Old School."

Filed under: 2012 • Ron Paul
  1. ObjectiveGuy

It's about time a celeb has the cajones to buck the "it's so chic to be liberal" mindset that seems to be rampant among entertainers, and stand up for the candidate that they actually believe in. Seems like the majority of celebs are in support of independent thinking, as long as they all do it together!?!? Well done, Vince Vaughn!

September 19, 2011 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  2. John B

Oh...Vince V. Now that HE'S all for Ron Paul I'm going to have to change my thinking! Now...the only thing Ron Paul needs is Will Ferral and I'm in!

September 19, 2011 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  3. Wade

Thanks to CNN for answering the question "is Vince Vaughn an idiot?". Well done. I wonder what the appeal is....perhaps the desire to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Guess ol' Vince gets tired of equal protection under the law.

September 19, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  4. Al

Glad to hear it but who would have thunk... Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who makes any sense.

September 19, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  5. adam peart

RON PAUL IS SO MONEY!!!! Hehe... Nice to see there's a celebrity or two out there that actually THINKS once in a while. Ron Paul 2012! The ONLY PEACE CANDIDATE! (Let's not have yet ANOTHER four years of war mongering in the White House!)

September 19, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  6. ThinkAgain

Hey, but Vaughn is a "Hollywood type," so he shouldn't be shooting his mouth off, right?

September 19, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  7. Don Jones

Does it really matter what an actor thinks about political preferences? Actors are not traditionally deep thinkers and Vaughn is probably no different. I'd rather listen to what my plumber or mechanic has to say.

September 19, 2011 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  8. Jen

Again, he's 76. He'll be 77 next year and 85 at the end of 8 years in office. It simply ain't happening.

September 19, 2011 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  9. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

Sorry, the old guy is a has been. He was tricked by Sasha Cohen in the movie "Bruno" and Paul felt for it! Term limits, people, term limits.

September 19, 2011 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  10. bn

I WAS a fan of Vince's. Now that I know he's a clueless jagoff i am no longer a fan.

September 19, 2011 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  11. Joe The Plumber

Goes to show – you can be a celebrity funny man and an idiot at the same time.

September 19, 2011 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  12. mike

Vince Vaughn who????

September 19, 2011 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  13. JR White Bear Lake MN.

Right or wrong a lot of his fans won't like this.

September 19, 2011 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  14. Real Patriot

And this is news why? Ron Paul hasn't a chance in hell of the nomination.

September 19, 2011 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  15. Jeff In Oregon

Vaughn is a Repugnican? Another set of movies I don't have to waste my time watching.

September 19, 2011 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  16. ja

who the hell is vince vaughn, what does he bring to the table, a fellow make a few shallow flicks, and suddenly, he can endorse or become a game changer, please, vince would you wnat your grandfather running the country

September 19, 2011 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  17. Linda

Uh, do you think we care what Vice Vaughn thinks? I'd say he's just another greedy millionaire who wants to destroy every good thing about this nation – does not want to help anyone but himself. I am not impressed.

September 19, 2011 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  18. lynn

Paul's supporters forget the man is 77 now, and if elected would be 78+. Look at every president at election and how they age in the job. I don't care if the man is an olympian, he's bottom-line too old for the job. Forget him and find someone else.

September 19, 2011 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  19. xRedfoxx

Ron Paul is catching on!! I love it!!

September 19, 2011 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  20. Cindy Nelson

Shoot. I really liked Vaughn. Now I will have to resort to hating him. Wedding Crashers is one of my all time favorite movies. It's easy for millionaire Vaughn to love Ron Paul. He doesnt live at the poverty level. The policies that Ron Paul would implement would hurt the poor and the most vulnearable of our society. Wake up Vince Vaughn!

September 19, 2011 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  21. RayJacksonMS

Well 800 people in a California straw poll and a third rate background actor are going to vote for Paul. That 801 votes is an all time high for Paul, who has run in every election since 1935. I wonder if that'll be enough for him to finally win?

September 19, 2011 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  22. truefax

If you have money and don't vote republican than you are a masochist. Visa versa if you're middle class and don't vote democrate.

September 19, 2011 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  23. Bill L.

He gets it...more will follow

September 19, 2011 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  24. Little Jimmy Truth

That's so wonderful news!!!

September 19, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  25. AJ

Vaugn is a no talent idiot.

September 19, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |