Vince Vaughn hearts Ron Paul
September 19th, 2011

Vince Vaughn hearts Ron Paul

(CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul received some celebrity love, care of Vince Vaughn Friday.

The actor and comedian introduced the Texas congressman at the Liberty Political Action Conference in Reno, Nevada.

"Vince is a great guy who loves Liberty," Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton told CNN. "Dr. Paul is proud to have his friendship and support."

According to Paul's website, Vaughn invited Paul and his wife to the premiere of his 2009 film "Couples Retreat," and Vaughn endorsed Paul's 2009 book "End the Fed."

Vaughn is best known for starring roles in such films as "Wedding Crashers" and "Old School."

Filed under: 2012 • Ron Paul
  1. search for sanity

If I had to back any GOP candidate it would be Ron Paul, he makes alot more sense than any of the other teabag puppets.

September 19, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  2. don

The queation is where does he go after Ron Paul. I rhthink everyone knows RP won't ever be the nominee.

September 19, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  3. thomas

Vince Vaughn , ok ?

September 19, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  4. TomNPitt

Didn't Vaughn break off a serious relationship with Jennifer Anniston? I wouldn't put much faith into his judgements!
    He doesn't have very good taste if he cut that off!!

September 19, 2011 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  5. Donald in CA

Vince who? I thought he had passed back in 2005. If he thinks ron paul should be president he should go back in hiding.

September 19, 2011 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  6. jeol

What happened to all the "babies." This is the last straw Vince, I am now selling my bowling/swing shrits. That's it!!!!

September 19, 2011 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  7. Canuck

Ron Paul has a trait that sets him apart from other Republican politicians and which means he will never be elected... he speaks the truth.

September 19, 2011 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  8. wake up America

whatever..,.another brain dead celeb.

September 19, 2011 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  9. d-rew

he's the man..ron paul will make it happen

September 19, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  10. patNY

Now I have another reason to avoid watching this talentless idiot's movies!

September 19, 2011 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  11. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

And Vince Vaughan is considered what kind of political expert at this point? Is it important to report this because Paul got a celebrity endorsement? If so, fine, but beyond that this endorsement and 50 cents will get you the morning paper.

September 19, 2011 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  12. tampamike

Why is this a surprise, red necks always vote GOP, wonder why that is.

September 19, 2011 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  13. Ivan Bial

who cares what Vince Vaughn has to say about anyhting

September 19, 2011 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  14. Inez Tyler

I'm going to wright Vince Vaughn a letter of thanks right now!!

September 19, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  15. Lonewolf777

Considering that most of the GOP can't stand Ron Paul I wouldn't exactly say this paints Vaughn as a FOX boy.

September 19, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  16. ingrid

Little disappointed with Mr. Vaughn. Ron Paul is not a bad guy but he is a bit out of touch with the reality of today. Though, I do support Paul's views on getting out of the middle east.

September 19, 2011 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  17. Eric in RTP

Vince Vaughn is such a d00sh. Just see 'Be Cool' or 'Made' and that is textbook VV

September 19, 2011 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  18. AFSOC 1st Sgt

I'm not much of a movie person, but I've seen a few of Vaughn's movies – thought Dodgeball was hilarious. However, I suspect he will now be marginalized as a "right-wing radical" by the Hollywood elite and shut-out of future starring roles.

September 19, 2011 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  19. FrankA

got it. hollywood celebrities who support left causes – latte-sucking tofu-chomping holistic-wacko neurotic vegan weenie perverts

hollywood celebrities who support right causes – true blooded americans who drive Fords (can't drive chevys, remember) and only eat apple pie.

GMAFB TeaNN

September 19, 2011 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  20. LPChicago

Celebrities. Are. Not. Good. Judges. Of. Candidates. I don't care that Vaughan, a hilarious actor, like Ron Paul. I don't care that Charlton Heston, a fantastic actor, likes Republicans. I don't care that Barbra Streisand, a gifted entertainer, likes Democrats. There is nothing about them that makes them well-qualified to judge: indeed, they are particularly unqualified.

September 19, 2011 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  21. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

There is someone who I really listen to for insightful political analysis - Vince Vaughn. I don't think that Vaughn knows enough about the current government and world situation to make any real educated pronouncement.

September 19, 2011 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  22. cf

Vaughn's choice in candidates is just as retched as his choice in movie roles.

September 19, 2011 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  23. Terry Gloege

Vince can afford to be a Ron Paul backer.

September 19, 2011 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  24. Stryker

Bye Vince

September 19, 2011 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  25. Winning The Future

I can remember when Vince Vaughn was a Hollywood A-lister. He was funny and made good movies. Glad to see him reemerge on the D-list (move over Tom Selleck and Chuck Norris).

September 19, 2011 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |