Vince Vaughn hearts Ron Paul
September 19th, 2011

Vince Vaughn hearts Ron Paul

(CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul received some celebrity love, care of Vince Vaughn Friday.

The actor and comedian introduced the Texas congressman at the Liberty Political Action Conference in Reno, Nevada.

"Vince is a great guy who loves Liberty," Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton told CNN. "Dr. Paul is proud to have his friendship and support."

According to Paul's website, Vaughn invited Paul and his wife to the premiere of his 2009 film "Couples Retreat," and Vaughn endorsed Paul's 2009 book "End the Fed."

Vaughn is best known for starring roles in such films as "Wedding Crashers" and "Old School."

Filed under: 2012 • Ron Paul
  1. Emery

You know, I used to really like Vince because of Wedding Crashers....but now that he's supporting the GOP, and supporting a candidate that has no chance of winning the nomination, much less the election (it'll no question come down to Perry and Romney), I can't like him anymore. Total sell-out.

September 19, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  2. Aaron

Wow the comments are sad. Anybody who supports Ron Paul is not stupid, they are just radical. Liberty is radical.

Americans have been told to be "moderate" and support the status quo... and look where that has gotten us.

Ron Paul as President wouldn't be able to turn this into a libertarian country, but he would put us on a better path, away from endless wars and corporatism.

September 19, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  3. ABQ

Who cares? He's an idiot.

September 19, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  4. vet in texas

hopefully now the Tea Party can get an even bigger celebrity at their next event, I remember the one with the real big stars, the worlds greatest dad, Jon Voight, the great acclaimed actor John Ratzenburger of Cliff Claven fame, the very talented Victoria Jackson, the most memorable SNL cast member of all time, and now the hilarious actor Vince Vaughn........Hilarious!

September 19, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  5. The Real Tom Paine

Well, I guess Vaughn has embraced the " screw everyone becase I'm rich" mentality/cult that is Libertarianism.

And with that, I'm going to let the free market reign, and never watch or rent a movie of his again. If enough of us do it, with any luck he'll be in a crate next to Charlie Sheen in a few years.

September 19, 2011 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  6. David L.

I couldn't care less who a celebrity endorses. But, it doesn't mean that I'll be childish and resort to attacks. I didn't do so when George Clooney, Samuel L. Jackson, and Chris Rock endorsed Obama even though I didn't support him. Grow up.

September 19, 2011 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  7. Dirk Waldon

He has always been a B actor who really was not funny in those suppose to be humorous movies. Just watch one of his movies to see Brad Pitts' ex-wife in her birthday suit.

September 19, 2011 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  8. Ruby

I don't get it. I'm supposed to be intrigued or swayed by what an actor thinks?

September 19, 2011 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  9. Me

California Conservative wrote:

Proof not everyone in Hollywood are nutballz.

TRUE,....just Vince,...........

September 19, 2011 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  10. La Voz

Anytime a democrat sees an "R" after a congressman's name, they're automatically a neolithic, redneck, racist and so is anyone who backs them. Their brains shut off and (insert their favorite political talk show/ blog here) talking points take over their mouth. The same when a Republican sees a "D" after a politician's name. Ron Paul chose to be a Republican because although his views weren't in lockstep with any particular party, they aligned nominally closer with Republican ideals. Unfortunately, because his views don't align lockstep with any party, he is not part of the establishment and therefore unelectable. Nonetheless, Ron Paul is a decent man with common-sense policies and a Washington outsider. Vince Vaughn recognizes that.

September 19, 2011 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  11. fayse

Ron Paul made a false statement in the Tea Party debates. He said that after he completed Medical School, he practiced at the Santa Rosa Hospital in the 1960's and "nobody was turned away". I am from San Antonio and I had my first child in 1960 at the Santa Rosa Hospital, the entire bill had to be pre paid before addmittance. Very few people had Insurance at that time. There were several scandals during those years. Hospitals did turn people away and some died. I can't say for sure which Hospitals were involved but I do remember a child that had been hit by a car and the driver rushed the child to the nearest hospital, he was turned away and by the time they got to the Charity Hospital, the child died. I will try to look this up on the Internet but as for now, all I have is my memory of these things.

September 19, 2011 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  12. Mary

It's not like Vince Vaughn was hanging out with Michele Bachmann! The media is quick to assign Vince Vaughn a label: Republican. Ron Paul is much more of a Libertarian than a Republican! He's too practical and not raw emotional enough, and never phony, which is why Independents like me like Ron Paul! : ) Paul should have run as an Independent. Vince Vaughn hanging out with Ron Paul makes Vaughn a centrist, or maybe to the right of center, so what.

September 19, 2011 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  13. Jon

How DARE he.

September 19, 2011 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  14. Rickster

Look out, Vince......the ever-shrinking world of people who call themselves democrats(loons) will never forgive you.

September 19, 2011 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  15. Hangar 13

It's hilarious that liberals who hang on every word of world class thinkers like Sean Penn and Julia Roberts suddenly realize that it's irrelevant what some play-actor thinks about politics.

September 19, 2011 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  16. ThinkAgain

"Why is every picture of Ron Paul, shows his blazer is a size too big on him?"

Because he's OLD (as the hills and twice as dusty, as we used to say).

Reminds me of when Bob Dole, at the age of 73, ran in 1996 for President.
    My grandmother said, "It's a young man's job; it's the hardest in the world. Bob Dole is just too old!"

Ron Paul is 76 ....

In addition to Ron Paul's silly policies and dog-eat-dog world view, I'm going with Grandma's assessment. I figure she knew what she was talking about – she was 89 at the time!

September 19, 2011 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  17. LIP

Way to go Vince...step outside the ranks of all those die hard liberals and think for yourself.
    Has anyone done any comparisons between Germany back in the late 30's and early 40's when inflation was like it is now both here and there again and when their illustrious, soon to be leader, was blaming a certain class of people (wealthy bankers etc.) for all their woes and next thing you know the guy had taken over the country and all those oppressed poor people became monsters. Any of you bulbous headed Dems care to respond?
    I sure hope we don't go down that road again and start blaming the rich for all our problems and use the poor oppressed masses to change the fabric of our great country.

September 19, 2011 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  18. Huh with a captial H

Two words. Who cares.

September 19, 2011 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  19. Rick

Vince you are a breath of fresh air, compared to those fabulous actor's Matt Damon and Alec Baldwin. Alec go rant at your young child will ya! Matt please, please get into the public school system where you real skills can be applied, I don't believe there is going to be any Ocean 14, 15, 16, 17.

September 19, 2011 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  20. Rose

I thought Vince liked actiing. Its not wise to voice oppostion in the midst Socialist loving Hollywood crowd.

September 19, 2011 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  21. Cher

The 1st problem is CNN is reporting the comments of an insignificant, overrated, boring "actor". Who cares what he thinks. Hope he continues to find acting work. God forbid he would ever have to rely on the generosity (or lack thereof) of that emotional midget Ron Paul

September 19, 2011 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  22. sf

just another reason why i don't particulary care for vince vaughn movies cuz he sucks on film and apparently in politics...ron and all of the republican candidates are a bunch of idiots/nutjobs!

September 19, 2011 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  23. libfreak48

I love that conservatives bash liberals actors as know-nothing morons, but embrace their own as some sort of genius. (Likewise with liberals.)

Vaughn will have as much effect on my vote as Alec Baldwin. Which is to say, NONE.

September 19, 2011 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  24. SaintM

Wow, Vince Vaughn, who stars in mostly raunchy, exploitative "guy" comedies is giving a political endorsement to Ron Paul–and Ron Paul is pleased to have his support.....well, you are known for the company you keep.

Vince, you are politically irrelevant and your acting/comedy talent ranges from D- to C+, but only if you stand on your tippy toes.

September 19, 2011 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  25. Darth cheney

Anyone else see the irony in an actor who can only play self-centered narcissists being a Republican?

September 19, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |