Did Perry's HPV vaccination claim ring true?
September 23rd, 2011

Did Perry's HPV vaccination claim ring true?

(CNN) - Texas Gov. Rick Perry responded to Rep. Michele Bachmann's criticism of his short-lived 2007 executive order requiring girls to get a vaccination for human papillomavirus, during Thursday night's Republican presidential candidates' debate in Orlando. Bachmann said a drug company that produced the vaccination hired his former chief of staff to lobby him.

Perry's response: "I got lobbied on this issue. I got lobbied by a 31-year-old young lady who had Stage 4 cervical cancer. I spent a lot of time with her. She came by my office, talked to me about the program."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Michele Bachmann • Rick Perry • Texas
  1. skyking

Rick Perry screams, "Keep the 'guvmint' out of our lives! Yet this box of rocks declared an EMERGENCY legislation session last spring to pass laws forcing women in Texas who seek an abortion to undergo a mandatory sonogram, including watching the image, listening to the fetal heartbeat, and enduring a lecture by the attending physician explaining in graphic detail exactly what was about to happen. Government control? Nah. Mind control. But he talks to Jesus on a daily basis.

September 23, 2011 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  2. GI Joe

Not the first lie he's told, and it won't be the last. He may as well save his money and go on back to Texas and keep fooling those idiots that have voted him into office over and over. He won't fool any of US. I'm an independent and I'd rather die than have that lying braggart anywhere near the button to get rid of Iran and ruin our country worse than Bush did.

September 23, 2011 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  3. Terrbear

I read an article that she came to him after he aleady signed the order. LAIR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!!

September 23, 2011 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  4. Rick McDaniel

The entire HPV issue is a very minor point. It is truly, the mountain made out of a mole hill. The longer Bachmann presses on it, the more ridiculous she looks. I am in TX, and I know how that went down. Get off of it Bachmann. It was, at best, a minor issue, and the "mandate" was never enforced at all.

September 23, 2011 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |
  5. Out of Texas

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive.

September 24, 2011 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  6. kat

Please, Republicans.. You are our only hope. Stop the in fighting. We need to beat BHO in 2012, any of you would be an improvement... well except Paul, I think he is another Perot, just bought and paid for to disrupt the election. Just stop fighting and defeat the Dems in 2012.

September 24, 2011 01:41 am at 1:41 am |
  7. NATHAN WIMBERLY

Rick Bush is a bought and paid for candidate for the bought and paid for party nomination. It was so much fun watching the teabaggers fight their Wall Street masters during the teabagger USA credit rating downgrade. The teabagger/wingnut trainwreck implosion continues full speed ahead right on time for 2012.

September 24, 2011 06:25 am at 6:25 am |
  8. john hollowell

Rick Perry is a fairy,this is no match for Obama.

September 24, 2011 08:16 am at 8:16 am |