Obama urges black community to 'march with me'
September 24th, 2011

Obama urges black community to 'march with me'

Washington (CNN) - While acknowledging the hard-hit black community and budding criticisms in its ranks, President Barack Obama said in a speech Saturday night to the Congressional Black Caucus that he wouldn't give up - and urged members of the black community to join him to jump-start the still sluggish economy.

"I expect all of you to march with me, and press on," Obama said. "... Stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying. We are going to press on. We've got work to do."

FULL STORY
  1. Desperately seeking RHINO Christie

I'm sure the GOPtee-baggers will whine about how Obama is wrong to talk with black Congressional leaders.
    And when the all white GOPtee-baggers talk only amongst themselves do they claim it's because they are racists or fascists?
    Or when the GOPtee-baggers have only voted for white men (or maybe a few "hot milf" white women) for centuries that has nothing to do with race.

September 24, 2011 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  2. mikle

Where is YES WE CAN, where is "I FIX ECONOMY", where is change,Where is "I WILL CUT DEBT IN 1/2 IN MY FIRST TERM",Where is green money, and finally where is jobs. I vote for Obama and what I got?

September 24, 2011 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  3. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

Cue the rightwing extremist attempts to discuss race in 3, 2, 1 ....

September 24, 2011 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  4. catwill

President Obama will represent well at the black caucas event. Whatever the GOP/Ts want people to think the blacks have not left the President because we know that he is trying his best for everyone.

September 24, 2011 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  5. diridi

Did he know one thing, Blacks are more racial than whites....truth...Nation needs to change...o.k, We need leader not politician..I so far like Obama's policies, but he is not tough, needs to be tough, and stern, and rigid, at principles...

September 24, 2011 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  6. easyrhino

How does a president justify speaking to a racially exclusive group such as the CBC?

September 24, 2011 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  7. Aaron Annan

We can do better

September 24, 2011 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  8. Aaron Annan

America can do better than this i know.

September 24, 2011 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  9. Aaron Annan

Max God blessed America

September 24, 2011 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  10. Obama got work to do!!!

It's not about speaking, it's about listening. The president went on his bus tour and miss the communities hit the hardest by the "Great Recession". I think that was the tipping point once a again the people with the lest voice gets no attention. Here's the good news: The President needs to roll out an "Anti-Poverty Plan" like a WPA or CCC that target those area. The People want action, not words. The President need to put the full weight of the Gov't behind an idea like this along with 'The American Jobs Act".

September 24, 2011 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |