Huckabee for Prez? Think again
September 30th, 2011

Huckabee for Prez? Think again

(CNN) - Mike Huckabee shot down rumors Friday he was reconsidering a bid for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, saying on Fox News Channel that the speculation was "news to him," and that he didn't think he would be able to muster a successful campaign.

"I do not see a path for me, either financially or organizationally," Huckabee said of a potential run.

He continued, "There have been people talking to me and encouraging me since I announced that I wasn't running before. I'm not having any meetings, I'm not talking to anybody. I'm happy with the decision I've made."

Huckabee originally announced he wasn't running on his own Fox News program in May. At the time, he said his heart wasn't in the race.

"All the factors say go, but my heart says no," he said at the time. "And that's the decision I've made."

Huckabee ran for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, winning the Iowa caucuses but ultimately dropping out after Sen. John McCain became the presumptive nominee.

Filed under: 2012 • Mike Huckabee
  1. Jake

wow! Republicans must really detest their options! can't blame them!

September 30, 2011 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  2. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I watched this Baptist Minister attempt to get Americans to write their senator about repealing Affordable Health Care, and thus denying 50 million people any chance of getting health care. As an ordained minister, he must have skipped class when they taught the lessons of Jesus and the poor and needy.

September 30, 2011 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  3. Noodle Nose Johnson

More desperation from the GOP. Why not run Phyllis Schlafly?

September 30, 2011 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  4. Ben Dover

Stay on Fox Huck, they seem to need you more then the rest of the country.

September 30, 2011 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  5. rose

You ain't got nothin', GOP. We all know it.

September 30, 2011 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  6. Leslie A Howard-Redweik

To counter the ignorance posted already... for your information Huckabee was the frontrunner before he decided not to run. He was at the top of the polls... Do you ever bother with facts or just spew stupidity without bothering to think at all? I can tell you no where did he, Jesus, tell the Romans to take the people's money and then donate their money for them like that was a Godly thing. While God is merciful he also says things like "if he will not work, neither shall he eat". Jesus said to donate YOURSELF directly or through the church, not for a government to take it and do it for you. Jesus personally confronted some politicians about their wrong doings... and personal property and rights are inherent in the Bible – try reading it more carefully.

September 30, 2011 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  7. Woman In California

This is the smartest thing this doofus ever said.

September 30, 2011 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  8. rs

Separation of church and state- I am NOT voting for a Fundamentalist (one who hates the poor no less) for President.

September 30, 2011 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  9. diridi

Priests, religion leaders, Pope, Imams, become presidents. Nation goes to "Dogs". OK, Total nonsense.

September 30, 2011 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  10. GI Joe

Surprised they haven't dug up Raygun and propped him in a chair somewhere. God - they ARE desperate!!

September 30, 2011 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  11. GI Joe

I'm anxious to see Christie "run" – (no limo, no helicopter, on the high school track).

September 30, 2011 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  12. Marie MD

If this wasn't such an important job it would be funny. Right it's just pathetic how the teapublikans (traitors) can't come up with one person from their klan to keep.
    This is going to be fun all the way until November 2012 when they will again fail to win the WH.

September 30, 2011 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  13. thomas

Why not run Anita Bryant ?

September 30, 2011 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  14. thomas

Or maybe Chuck Norris ?

September 30, 2011 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  15. thomas

How about Fred Thompson , no he's selling reverse mortgages !

September 30, 2011 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  16. thomas

It will be Chris Christie and Bobby Jindal !

The big money guys on Wall street are pushing the the ticket.

September 30, 2011 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  17. Jean Sartre

I think that he is making a BIG mistake!

All Mr. Huchabuck has to do is to is regain the 120 lbs. he lost several years ago, gain another 150 lbs, and he would look just like Christie and would probably win the Republic nomination...

September 30, 2011 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  18. T'sah from Virginia

►Huckabee for Prez? Think again
    NO ONE is thinking this – just YOU CNN!!!
    Huck-A-Bye said BYE and already licked his wounds
    And what he left behind are the creatures from the lagoon!!!

September 30, 2011 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  19. Doyle Wiley, MI

Good decision Huckabee.

October 1, 2011 12:46 am at 12:46 am |
  20. Republicans Are The American Taliban

Why dont Republicans jump the shark and nominate Ted Nugent...

October 1, 2011 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  21. David Shedlock

"repealing Affordable Health Care"

The name is a misnomer and Huckabee knows it. Neither the nation nor the consumer/patient can afford this. The 50 million figure is made up, I am afraid. Hardly any one bets turned down for health care today. Many different options are available. You judge with unrighteous judgment. Whose health care have you paid for in order to keep God's command to be charitable?

October 1, 2011 08:04 am at 8:04 am |
  22. Dennis B.

Huckabee is nothing more than a backwoods preacher who is not qualified to be considered for president.

October 1, 2011 08:28 am at 8:28 am |
  23. NATHAN WIMBERLY

Great comment noodle. He already told them. They are so desperate that just like Daniels and fatboy,they won't listen.

October 1, 2011 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  24. NATHAN WIMBERLY

Face it wingnuts. You're waiting for Snookie Palin to ride in on her black horse to repeat 2008.

October 1, 2011 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  25. Donkey Party

If I wanted Mikemoud Huckadinejad as a theocratic president, I'd move to Iran.

October 1, 2011 09:16 am at 9:16 am |