Palin will not seek presidential nomination
October 5th, 2011

Palin will not seek presidential nomination

(CNN) - Sarah Palin, ending months of speculation, said Wednesday she will not run for president, either as a Republican or third-party candidate.

"This has been prayerfully considered," the former Alaska governor said on the Mark Levin radio program. "I can be on the right path without being a candidate."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Amy

Ohh, thanks Got she is not running. I hope that the rest of the GOP candidates will drop out of this race too. Non of them is a good candidate for president. Maybe Romney makes sense sometimes, but I do not like his anti-immigrant remarks.

October 5, 2011 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  2. funbags3

Aww... she such a tease!

October 5, 2011 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  3. NJ

OMG! CNN stop the coverage on this women...no one cares...

October 5, 2011 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  4. Fast Fred

Great NEWS.....We don't have to be embarrassed anymore. Wonder if there is an opening with Dancing with the Stars.

October 5, 2011 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  5. Bill Whittaker

She's thankful not to be running, so are we. Please drop it.
    There is so much more at stake for our country than the crap
    you media people focus on. Who can put us to work? We sure
    can see all the projects around us that need help.

October 5, 2011 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  6. stevenabb

Yawn... Palin only chases speaking money based upon her experience as a... well a... um.. yea... someone...what has she done that makes her worthy of giving speaches to others...?

October 5, 2011 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  7. destruk

Of course she won't run for president – she gets more media coverage doing what she does – no good for the country but good for Palin's tribe.

October 5, 2011 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  8. Richardz

Shocker! She finally realized being eaten alive in national debates trumped the publicity and self indulgence she craves.

October 5, 2011 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  9. Canadian Jim

How can this be news CNN? Everybody and I mean everybody knew there was no way she would run for President. I live in Canada and everybody here knew it 2 months ago. It would have been far better to ignore her non-news announcement. A more fitting headline would be, "Palin tells us something we already knew...Yawn." I would suggest that if anyone on your news staff thought there was a chance she should run, they should be identified and dismissed. Clearly they have no gut instinct for the blatantly obvious.

October 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  10. Dr.K.

I guess she finally decided she had wrung the most media attention out of this as she could without having to make an honest commitment to anything. Good riddance.

October 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  11. Herne

oh........good...if she were to be president... I'd move to Europe...and I'm part American Indian.

October 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  12. Omar

The only run she could run is from Alaska to Russia. She didn't fool me only the folks that kept buying her books and paying hefty money to go hear her speak. Its all a money making thing for Sarah she knew she had no desire to run for president she only continue to fool some of the people all of the time...

October 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  13. rick jolie

sounds like she is not up to be the flavor of the week

October 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  14. dg

Thank heavens! Now I just hope no one takes her on as a running mate. Hopefully the realization that doing so probably lead to mccain losing the last potus election.

October 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  15. usa/canada

ushackeld translation i can make more money

October 5, 2011 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  16. hero

why is this news? she had no chance and she strung it out for so long, most people assumed she wasn't running anyway. we can all hope this means she will not flirt with it again just to get headlines.

October 5, 2011 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  17. Josh

Celebration 2012!

October 5, 2011 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  18. Josh

Thank god. That woman would have drove our country even more into the ground.

October 5, 2011 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  19. JeBaker2

Really, is anyone really surprised? I mean, how embarrassing would it be for her to come in behind everyone else when the dust settles? Her celebrity career would be over; and how could she keep buying all those snazzy outfits and guns to shoot animals with if she can't get paid anymore by Fox News?

October 5, 2011 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  20. Tst4Eco

Now if only the media would stop reporting everything she says, life would be great.

October 5, 2011 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  21. Robert

Translation: I am making so much money on Fox News right now, why would I EVER want to be President? I was never serious! I only said certain things and did certain things to keep my name in the spot light. That way, I can continue making money off speeches and writing books for my under-educated readers. Wouldn't you do the same in my position?

October 5, 2011 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  22. tony

this is NOT surprising at all

October 5, 2011 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  23. Jeff Kenney

The fact that a failed politician isn't running for President is hardly newsworthy. She had no chance of getting a nomination by any party in any country. Now if she would just disappear and the media would forget her we would all be better off.

October 5, 2011 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  24. jayman419

Of course she's not going to run for President.

How can she collect five and six figure speaker's fees if she's holding public office?

October 5, 2011 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  25. dg

Finally. She didn't have a chance to win anyway.

October 5, 2011 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |