Palin's full statement on 2012 decision
October 5th, 2011

Palin's full statement on 2012 decision

(CNN) - Read the statement after the jump.

October 5, 2011

Wasilla, Alaska

After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.

My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office – from the nation's governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the "fundamental transformation" of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law.

From the bottom of my heart I thank those who have supported me and defended my record throughout the years, and encouraged me to run for President. Know that by working together we can bring this country back – and as I've always said, one doesn't need a title to help do it.

I will continue driving the discussion for freedom and free markets, including in the race for President where our candidates must embrace immediate action toward energy independence through domestic resource developments of conventional energy sources, along with renewables. We must reduce tax burdens and onerous regulations that kill American industry, and our candidates must always push to minimize government to strengthen the economy and allow the private sector to create jobs.

Those will be our priorities so Americans can be confident that a smaller, smarter government that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people can better serve this most exceptional nation.

In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House.

Thank you again for all your support. Let's unite to restore this country!

God bless America.

- Sarah Palin

Also see:

State of the Race without Christie

Romney comes out swinging in Sunshine State

Longtime Illinois Rep. to step down in 2012

Romney picks up new backers

Perry brings in $17 million in third fundraising quarter

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. GOP = Greed Over People

Looks like the neo-cons discovered that Glen Rice was black!

October 5, 2011 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  2. Four and The Door

We do have several excellent Republican Presidential candidates already and Sarah Palin will be helpful getting good conservative candidates elected in congress and as governors across the country. She has great influence and will use it well.

October 5, 2011 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  3. Jake

and we will continue to battle YOU every step of the way with your only mission in "replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House."

October 5, 2011 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  4. ss26mar

Obama just got re-elected - this is the worst news ever

October 5, 2011 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  5. CatWoman

That's great news! Don't think she'd have a chance anyway!

October 5, 2011 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  6. The Choobs

Typical Sarah – in the very first paragraph she writes, "As always, my family comes first..." and then in the VERY NEXT two sentences she says, "When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order." So...which comes first, Sarah - God or your family?

October 5, 2011 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  7. So happy

Yeah, Sarah... You drive discussion, right off a cliff. Unfortunately, this statement also indicates she won't try to stay out of the spotlight. The decision I am waiting for is the one where you permanently retire from public debate.

October 5, 2011 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  8. Rich

Got some good news and bad news. The good news is, she isn't running for Pres. The bad news is, she is staying in the lower 48.

October 5, 2011 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  9. FRANK - LAS VEGAS

Gee, what a shock, Half Gov. Palin is not going to run. We all knew that, that is anyone with half a brain knew that. Half Gov. Palin is only in it for the money. Not to mention the fact that she knows she couldn't win, not even the nomination. She's just another loud mouth who spreads lies and if she entered she would have to explain all those lies. Maybe, just maybe the press will now ignore her, she's meaningless and should be treated as such. So now the challenge is to CNN and other news outlets to stop reporting her trash talking. We all know that Fox will never stop, unless of course if they fire her, and the only way that happen is if all the other news outlets ignore her. Is CNN up to the challenge?

October 5, 2011 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  10. Annie

"Onerous regulations that kill American industry..." Duh, how about all those Americans corporations that outsource jobs to cheaper-labor-rate countries? She want's "to bring this country back." How about bringing back those outsourced jobs? No mention of that. She talks the working man/woman's talk but doesn't walk it. Typical hypocritical Teapublican schlock.

October 5, 2011 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  11. MANDOMUNDO

Know anyone who would have voted for her? Good decision!

October 5, 2011 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  12. Harry Davis

Best news of the day!

October 5, 2011 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  13. Phil

I don't serve or devote myself to any god.....and I'm glad she's not running.

October 5, 2011 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  14. Martin

Its a sad day for me today that Sarah Palin wont be running for office; I believe that she was faithfull to God/Jesus calling for her to stay at home with her family & continue to voice her opinion on issues that trully matter to all Americans.
    Go ahead & celebrate all you Sarah Palin haters, pile on but your time of accountability will come before God; No doubt we will get what we deserve. God/Jesus bless America.

October 5, 2011 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  15. Really?

I guess nobody really cares; at least not enough to comment about it?

October 5, 2011 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  16. Great5

Shes amazing. How the left envies her intelligence! Its time the racist left looks beyond hate and embraces civil rights

October 5, 2011 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  17. George

Oh God, no no no no no, Sarah please run !! Oh my God this is horrible. We need you Sarah, to save us. You and Michele Bachmann are our only hope for salvation, oh my God tell me this story isn't true.

October 5, 2011 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  18. Johnson

I guess No Democrat has common sense, only independents and conservatives? Wow, playing to your base sometimes make you dumb.

October 5, 2011 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  19. Alaska Dan

Ms.Palin may probably be the best showman since Yukon Jack. He would lie steal and cheat anyone in Alaska to make a few bucks, of course most people were trusting and guilible. He had no substance, never planned to actually do anything. sounds a lot like Palin Inc. She will say anything to make a buck, and in the end cant back it up.

October 5, 2011 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  20. Ignacio

who cares

October 5, 2011 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  21. Johnson

"In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House". That's what this was about to begin with, all the republican's have been focusing on is the destruction of the president (how treasonous is that). I guess in this country the republicans know whats best for everyone. The majority elected the president for a reason, you would think that the republicans would be coming up with ideas to help the country.

October 5, 2011 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  22. J. Olver

If Palin were to run and lose the money would stop. This woman knows how to milk here cows. Her cultish followers will give her money as long as she doesn't lose again. If she runs, she loses so not running is the only way to keep the cash flowing in.

October 5, 2011 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  23. Edward Simpson

Big surprise. She was never going to run anyway.

October 5, 2011 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  24. Tony marella

Well,let's face it..she makes more money in books and speaking engagements than she would as the president..plus she knows that she doesn't have chance against Romney or Rick Perry

October 5, 2011 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  25. Overseasreader

I believe, she has her priorities mixed up. I would like to remind Sarah Palin, what Kennedy said at his inauguration: Ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for the country! So far I have not seen anything she has done for the country, therefore her decision is highly appreciated and this is as polite as I can say it.

October 5, 2011 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |