What's behind the rise of Cain?
October 7th, 2011

What's behind the rise of Cain?

WASHINGTON (CNN) - As the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination has begun to come into sharper focus, an unlikely figure has emerged.

"Herman Cain is surprising us all," Amy Kremer, chairman of the Tea Party Express, told CNN. Kremer quickly added that her organization is not ready to support a candidate yet and the tea party movement "hasn't really coalesced behind anybody."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Herman Cain
  1. diridi

your and GOP and Tea thugs policies will inflict injury to the credit of already piled up damage by Bush and Reagan to this nation. Nation is now just recovering, let it not collapse...o.k, idiots...let it stay alive....

October 7, 2011 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  2. Four and The Door

Herman Cain is a very impressive candidate for a few reasons. I really like his 9-9-9 tax reform idea. It is well thought out and would be a great idea for the federal government, the economy and the American taxpayer. We need solutions that can be implemented quickly and easily. This is a good one.

On the other hand, Herman Cain is a straight-talker and strong leader. So far so good. I look forward to more debates.

October 7, 2011 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  3. Rick McDaniel

Mostly Tea Party blow back against Perry as too "moderate". I have always found that a curious and silly notion. However, some Tea Party people are so demanding, no one can please them.

Cain will b next to have to fend off the attacks, by the way. Santorum has already begun.

October 7, 2011 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  4. T'sah from Virginia

►What's behind the rise of Cain?◄
    The blind and the desperate and the critically insane
    No donors – just moaners – the unhappy – the sad
    The far-RIGHT – lost with fright – miserable – and mad!

►"I'm here five years cancer-free, because I could do it on my timetable and not a bureaucrat's timetable,"◄

Ah, money talks and bull-crap walks!! You’re here because you had $money$!! It has “nothing” to do with “health care!!!”

Obama/Biden 2012

October 7, 2011 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  5. Shawn in MD

=================================
    Gosh! I dont know. Silly Sarah is out, Christie is out, Pery is down, Mitt is a Mormon (not a christian), Cain is not white enough! Who else are they going to endorse? Obama is laughing all the way into the second term.

October 7, 2011 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  6. Dan

So, CNN does another story on Mr. Cain. Now this should bring out all the hate comments from the 'RACIST' liberals. They show their hate towards this fine man only because he's black. So sad that liberals have to be so darn 'RACIST'.

October 7, 2011 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  7. otermbachmann

Is any godfather employees have anything to say? CEO is like a master at a plantation. I want to know how he treated his subjects? Did he brainwash them or did he treat them fair? Like all neocons he is a spinmaster. So let's here from prior employees.

October 7, 2011 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  8. GI Joe

He got his $$$ - you're on your own.

He ran around in slippers while Rosa Parks and a lot of other black (and some white) men and women fought and marched and risked all they had so HE had the right to get his $$$$$$.

Shame on him.

October 7, 2011 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  9. GI Joe

Didn't the original Cain also say "Am I my brother's keeper?" And years later, Jesus answered "YES".

That is one black man that makes me sick just to watch him on his campaign/book tour.

October 7, 2011 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  10. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I think republicans are impressed that a birther like Cain doesn't like Muslims, doesn't believe in social security, wants to reduce billionaires taxes, wants no government safety regulations, wants to repeal Wall Street regulations, wants to remove clean air and water standards, and eliminate the middle class. He is every Fox talking point rolled into one candidate.

October 7, 2011 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  11. s kel

its pizza pizza dummy dummy.

October 7, 2011 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  12. encore

he is rising because the repug and flea bag party love a token that is stupid as they are.

October 8, 2011 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  13. Donkey Party

What's behind his "rise"? I call it stupidity.

October 8, 2011 04:50 am at 4:50 am |
  14. ej

Cain's growing popularity notwithstanding, he has no chance of winning. Still, its interesting to see a Black man running in the GOP; still, I don't agree with his political, economic, or social platforms, and I'm a 49 yr old black American..

October 8, 2011 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  15. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

His 666 plan is a good example of appealing to simple, ignorant minds with simple, ignorant plans.

October 8, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  16. John

I seriously doubt the Tea Party will support a minority candidate.

October 8, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am |