Christie backs Romney
October 11th, 2011

Christie backs Romney

(CNN) – Republican Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey endorsed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney Tuesday.

"I'm here in New Hampshire today for one simple reason – America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney is the man we need to lead America and we need him now and that's why I'm here," Christie said at an event in Lebanon, New Hampshire.

Christie passed on his own run for the White House last week and suggested he might endorse a candidate in the 2012 race.

Filed under: 2012 • Chris Christie • Mitt Romney
  1. John McCain

Sarah Pailin is my choice because I couldn't get Joe Lieberman approved by the nut wing of my party.

October 11, 2011 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  2. Matt

No surprise here. Governor Christie is a liberal too.

Those who are not liberal Country Clubbers had better get on board the Cain Train. Romney ain't gonna happen!

October 11, 2011 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  3. Steve

Methinks this endorsement is a big thing going for Romney- it validated Romney's ability to lead this country. And that there are leaders who would back him. I have read comments above and most of the comments are, obviously, from ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about! They just kept ranting and ranting– most of their points are baseless. Go Romney!!

October 11, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  4. mike

A liberal endorsing another. Perhaps not as too the left as Obama, but you never know.

October 11, 2011 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  5. Matt

I am Republican and will not vote for a Mormon. So Kyle is wrong – I will vote third party if Romney is the nominee. And so will a lot of other Christian conservatives.

October 11, 2011 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  6. once upon a horse

wow for some reason I thought he was going to endorse Obama!

October 11, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  7. MIITT ROB ME

The GOP is a gang of misfits and fools. Any of them should consider instead a run for court jester.

October 11, 2011 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  8. truthspeaks

Romney endorsed Christie in his run for office

October 11, 2011 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  9. mike

Matt: so if you won't vote for Romney and vote for a third party, you'll get Obama a second term. Between a rock and hard place?

October 11, 2011 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  10. TheTraveler

Wow ... I'm glad I'm not from Jersey .... I don't care who Christie endorses ...

October 11, 2011 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |