Clinton hearts Gaga
October 13th, 2011

Clinton hearts Gaga

(CNN) - Bill Clinton revealed his love for Lady Gaga Wednesday night, heaping praise on the Grammy Award-winning singer.

"She is the most talented person though, even if you're an old fogey like me" Clinton said on "The Late Show with David Letterman."

Gaga is scheduled to perform at an Oct. 15 party for Clinton at the Hollywood Bowl. But don't expect her to arrive wearing raw meat, as she's done in the past.

"In deference to my diet, she'll be meatless that night," Clinton said, referencing his heart-friendly diet.

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Lady Gaga
  1. JR White Bear Lake MN.

Are you kidding me? Their are so many funny comments you could make right now I don't know where to start.

October 13, 2011 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  2. JayDeeT

Once she starts dancing, what does Bill do with Hillary??!!

October 13, 2011 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  3. OU812IC

I'll tell you something I am a 52 year old white straight male was never a GaGa fan until I heard her unplugged version of You And I
    She has talent and has a voice and writes her own lyrics and music, not many doing that these days.
    I also never knew where the GaGa came from but found out it was because she loved the group Queen(which was one of my favorites) so she named herself after Queen's song Radio Gaga. I just bought Born This Way cd and think it is great. The kind of music I was dancing to in the clubs in the 80's brings back many memories. I also believe she is more of lady than many give her credit for. I think in time she will be right there with Cher, & Madonna as club diva's of the world

October 13, 2011 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  4. nhguy

when will clinton just go away? this has to be arrogance at its pinnicle – commenting on a female considering his history is like nixon talking about honesty. ugh!

October 13, 2011 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  5. MM

Lighten up people! It's all in good fun.

October 13, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  6. GOP = Greed Over People

Not to mention Lady Gaga gave more to charities in 2010 than any other celebrity.

And it is good thing she will be wearing an outfit that does not require refrigeration.

October 13, 2011 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  7. Sarah the Stench with Staying Power

I like her too, but she is not the most talented.

October 13, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  8. Jerry

This guy (Clinton) is starting to be an embarrassment for America. Oh well... I guess he just wants to stay relevant.

October 13, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  9. Scott S.

She's talented for sure. Marches to the beat of her own drum. I don't care for that type of music, but I appreciate what she stands for. Anytime somebody is a little off they say they "march to the beat of their own drum" or "is a little out there." We need more people who march to the beat of their own drum.

October 13, 2011 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  10. AM

not only do I want Barack Obama to win, I wish the democracts would win back the house and throw
    John Boenher out. It would be cool to see Boenher on the unemployment line.

October 13, 2011 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  11. NVa Native

Dems have Lady Gaga and the Repubs have Lady Blah Blah (Palin). LOL

October 13, 2011 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  12. NVa Native

To the Repubs she's just another face in the crowd of people to build their fear & hate on.

October 13, 2011 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  13. mike

Considering what Clinton did in the Oval Office, why should I be surprised?

October 13, 2011 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  14. Bob

If Bill can get her alone she won't be "meatless that night." I am a republican but I really enjoy Bill Clinton. One of my guilty pleasures.

October 13, 2011 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  15. ricky vee

Clinton loves a transgendered performer?? Wow.. he is really moving up from fat girls like Monica..

October 13, 2011 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  16. portland tony

OU812IC.....Your comments says it all. Great post!

October 13, 2011 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  17. SM

Agree with NVa Native–We'll take Lady Gaga any day over Lady blah blah! And I say GO Bill! Love Gaga too.

October 13, 2011 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  18. Dave Harris

For the guy who made "cankles" fashionable, this gal is practically made for him. (Wait, is she really a gal . . .?)

October 13, 2011 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  19. korkea aika

Bill Clinton is a voice of reason in US politics today. And I appreciate his guts to stick it out after having his personal affairs spread in detail on the WWW. Keep it goin' Bill

October 13, 2011 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  20. Robert

I heard she will be wearing a dress made out of cigar tobacco leafs.

October 13, 2011 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  21. Carrie T.

Dang....someone made the "meatless" joke before I did. In all seriousness, I love Clinton.

October 13, 2011 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  22. Nothing new here

NVa Native,
    I would rather Lady Gaga over Lady Quitter anyday.

October 13, 2011 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  23. debbie

Give me a break – this is a stupid article. I saw the interview on Letterman and he was not gaga over Gaga. It was a statement. And anybody that thinks he has no right to his opinion needs to listen to him again. I was never a fan of his, but I should have been. He is a very very smart man, and before you comment on that go to cbs dot com and listen to the interview from Lettermans show – he has some very very good answers for our current economy. And Lady Gaga, while she does rip off Madonna's style, still pulls it off and is great fun to listen to and watch so get over it. Have a great day!

October 13, 2011 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  24. Brad

Lady Gaga is Awsom!!!

October 13, 2011 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  25. the_dude

Bill you could find a better guy to like than lady gaga

October 13, 2011 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |