Candidates go all-in for Las Vegas GOP debate
October 18th, 2011

Candidates go all-in for Las Vegas GOP debate

Las Vegas (CNN) – The stakes will be high Tuesday night for the seven candidates on the stage at a GOP presidential debate taking place alongside one of American's most famous and notorious avenues: Las Vegas Boulevard, known to millions as The Strip.

CNN and the Western Republican Leadership Conference are teaming up to put on the event at the Sands Expo and Convention Center and the Venetian Hotel and Casino, in a state that has become a poster child for the economic ills that plague the nation.

Programming note: GOP presidential candidates next face off at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, October 18, in the CNN Western Republican Presidential Debate in Las Vegas, Nevada. Submit your questions for the debate here.

FULL STORY
  1. Carol

Oh great,another comedy show of the most enept so called "Politicians" in the world??? Teagop is in "serious" do-do!! I wonder what kind of Facts(that don,t have a lick of sense) are they going to Spew this time??? I just wonder if Cantor "SMIRKS" watching his favorite cartoon shows like this??? I,ll bet an "Unemployment Check" he does? I think Cantor wins the prize,of the most Immoral Politician in America? Where is Bohner, is he hiding from the public,or on "Vacation????

October 18, 2011 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  2. Robert jay

Is there someway we can please actaully have a knowledgeable moderator challenge any candidtae to explain what they will do and how they will do it instead of just more questions regarding a candidates position? If a candidate says "its about jobs" then he / she should explain clearly how many jobs they will create, what kind of jobs they plan, what will they pay, when will they be availble, who will manage them, how they will be funded and the benfits of creating them. Knowing who and how much the existing business groups will financially particpate (since they are receiving tax breaks) Hell I can say it's about jobs abd we have low employment / high un employment / poor paying jobs without saying what can and will be done about it. Lets get some substance to this hot air rhetoric!

October 18, 2011 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  3. Wire Palladin, S. F.

In the card game for the presidential nomination, Mittens says, "I bet a million, no wait, I fold." Ron Paul says, "I don't want any handouts, so deal me put." Michele asks, "What does a pair look like?" Cain says, "I got 9-9-9," and Perry says, "I've got five aces, so I win," Newt couldn't make it, as he was watching the showgirls perform.

October 18, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  4. Robert jay

Follow up – how about a real "republican" debate about why the Presidents jobs proposal is not accepated by the Tea party and the majority of the repugs..Is the party more important than the country?

October 18, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  5. Stop the Charade

Las Vegas is the perfect backdop for this GOP parade of Idiots. It will be like the new Rat Pack only with real rats.

October 18, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  6. unsub

this should be great entertainment. im taking the under on how many times Cain blurts out 9-9-9!

October 18, 2011 10:53 am at 10:53 am |