Council Bluffs, Iowa (CNN) – On Thursday, Mitt Romney said President Obama deserves some praise for Moammar Gadhafi's death.
At an appearance in Council Bluffs, Iowa, the Republican presidential candidate was asked about the Libyan leader who was killed as transitional government troops clashed with the ex-ruler's loyalists.
"Does President Obama deserve some credit for Gadhafi's death," a reporter asked the former Massachusetts governor.
"Yes. Yes. Absolutely," Romney responded.
The praise for the president goes further than Romney's reaction to the Libya situation at an earlier campaign stop in Sioux City, Iowa.
There, Romney did not talk about the U.S. role in Gadhafi's demise, instead only saying: "I think it's about time Gadhafi, a terrible tyrant that killed his own people and murdered Americans and others in the tragedy in Lockerbie."
Romney added, "The world is a better place with Gadhafi gone."
I'd personally like to thank all five of Mitt Romney sons , none of whom volunteered for military service .
Somebody had to hold down the fort on Wall Street !
With all due respect , give credit and thanks where it is due and that would not go to Obama.
This is typical! The GOP/TP denies the President time and again credit where credit is absolutely due! (Romney’s few words are negligible) But more important is that the Administration works in a quiet and cooperative way with allies on the problems needed to be solved. CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT! An exemplary model of how America should act to be successful in future foreign policies! Forget the unsuccessful GOP/TP insulting macho style that brings people up against “help” wanting to exercise undue influence. And the President did what the GOP/TP would never do: He gave credit to the people of Libya and offered support on the way ahead that THEY want/ask for/ need! Libyans can be proud – they will work to keep what they fought for with their blood: A new country, a new way of doing things that will fit THEIR needs and ideas. So, GOP/TP, keep the lid on your “ADVICE / IDEAS” (you making money!) what a new Libya should look like.
Good for him... The other 'credible' candidates should take note. If Republicans want a better chance appealing to independents during the general election they should show more support for our President when he makes those good decisions. Unfortunately, within this hate charged political climate, Romney probably won't maintain his original statemen when questioned. President Obama has tried just about everything, short of becoming a member of the Tea Party, in order to maintain our fragile unity.
Top 5 Foreign Policy Achievements Under President Obama’s Administration:
1. The death of Terrorist Osama bin Laden, who planned the 911 Attack, which occurred in the U.S. under the Bush Administration.
2. The death of many High Ranking Terrorists, including al-Qaeda’s No. 2 leader. Atiyah abd al-Rahman was killed during a missile strike.
3. Iraq withdrawal. One of the primary messages of his presidential campaign was the withdrawal of combat troops out of Iraq. President Obama and his National Defense personnel were able to implement this promise, as more than 90,000 combat troops were withdrawn out of Iraq by August 31, 2010.
4. New START. The New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) is a bilateral treaty between the United States and the Russian Federation that is designed to reduce the number of strategic nuclear missile launchers by half and to establish a new inspection and verification regime. .
5. Libya and Death of Gadhafi. U.S. predator drone hit and injured Gadhfi, who was subsequently shot and killed. The U.S. assisted NATO with American military involvement from the air, and their were NO American troop casualties. In addition to other atrocities, Gadhafi was responsible for the downing of U.S. Flight 103.
President Obama's Administration has done a GREAT job in protecting our country.
We had little to do with it. Some European nations were more involved. Once again, this guy can't get anything wrong.
Maybe he can work his own lawn now that he had to get rid of his landscape folks because he is running for office, for pete's sake!
But you notice he wouldn't have given Obama credit if he wasn't asked specifically if Obama deserved credit. He would have been stupid to say he deserved no credit.
Look, same guys cried on Libya, three months back...CNN you roll back the tape what Dennis Kuschinich and other idiots said....approval of congress...including idiots like Eric Cantor...just back up the tape, let Americans hear and see...idiots..not Bush nor Reagan era any more...electronic era...golden era...god bless...Obama2012...
This nation desperately needs "senate and Congress Term-Limit" law, and "Anti-Lobby" law...two are the must for nation's progress...o.k, pass it forthwith...