Biden in 2016?
October 21st, 2011

Biden in 2016?

(CNN) – For now Vice President Joe Biden is focused on the president's reelection effort, but come 2016 he may be whistling a different tune.

The former presidential candidate and Delaware senator left the door open to running for president again in an exclusive interview with CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

"I'll make up my mind on that later," Biden said in an interview set to air Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm in one of the, probably the best shape I've been in in my life … I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and as long as I do, I'm going to continue to do it."

"And we'll find out, you know, let's get the president reelected," Biden added.

– Watch the video on CNN's "The Situation Room" at 4 p.m. ET.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden • TV-State of the Union
  1. Jake

I would vote for him, but if Hillary runs I would have to vote for her over Biden!

October 21, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  2. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Crazy Joe been hittin' the liquor cabinet again????

Obama/Biden 2012 - Because forur years of failure and destruction just isn't enough

October 21, 2011 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  3. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I like Menendez or Sherrod Brown, for VP.

October 21, 2011 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  4. Ackso

2016 - for what? A wake-up call?

October 21, 2011 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  5. Carl in Reality

I wish that he would first be appointed Secretary of State for 2012, and Secretary Clinton would be declared President Obama's Vice President nominee for the 2012 election.

October 21, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  6. Malory Archer

He's got my vote!

October 21, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  7. Truth-Bomb Thrower

What a delusional moron!!

October 21, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  8. Sniffit

First person to use the word "gaffe" wins the intertubes.

October 21, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  9. Texas Doc

Awesome, as goofy as he is, he is still an exponentially better choice than anything the GOTea has or will have.

October 21, 2011 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  10. JerseyBill

Great to end the week with a hearty laugh! Thanks!

October 21, 2011 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  11. GSW Minnesota

I would love to see Biden debate the band of idiots on the Teapublican side. They would not know what hit them.

October 21, 2011 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  12. Dan J

He would be 74. I wonder what Matt Damon would say about that.

October 21, 2011 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  13. Wall Street Crime Victim

Better would be Elizabeth Warren.

October 21, 2011 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  14. kathleen

Biden is doing a fabulous job. Thanks Joe

October 21, 2011 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  15. Chau Nguyen

Hey Biden, do you think Obummy will be re-elected? Give me a break, he is only an empty suit.

October 21, 2011 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  16. Clint, Wa.

Ya got my vote Joe.

October 21, 2011 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  17. MrJennings

While I like Mr. Binden, I don't believe he has that President swagger required to get elected. ...but then again we did elect lil'Bush. /shrugs maybe.

October 21, 2011 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  18. Carrington1

Biden has suffered from hoof in mouth disease so often, it is hard to believe that he would have any serious chance of getting the nomination. That would be particularly true, if Hillary were in the race.

October 21, 2011 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  19. MrJennings

@Wall Street Crime Victim – I 100% agree with the selection of Elizabeth Warren.

October 21, 2011 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  20. Liz the First

Eh, not so much. but if he was the nominee, i'd vote for him over any rethug alive.

October 21, 2011 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  21. NVa Native

Considering who the current GOP puts on stage as a candidate – any moderate Democratic candidate with a decent personality and education could win. Ad to that Biden's extensive experience and real world accomplishments he could easily win in 2016.
    Look how well Palin did with all the opposite qualities! But then again she's in the bizzaro world of tea-baggers.
    But that is a long way off – who knows what could happen by then.
    The radically confused tea-baggers could loose their control and maybe the GOP could become a viable and important part of running our government once again. But that’s a reach.

October 21, 2011 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  22. willard

No thanks vote for obama and biden 2012

October 21, 2011 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  23. normajean @ verizon ,com

Sniffit........ I watch for your input all the time....you are always entertaining and obviously no dummy. Just had to say that. As to Biden for Pres. I like him right where he is. He's a barrel l of laughs and gaffs!!!!

October 21, 2011 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  24. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Wake up Joe... You will have been retired for 4 years and we will be in the middle of an economic boom under the Romney/Cain administration. Unemployment will be at 5.5% and nobody will be yearning for what you have brought, 9.1% unemployment. The days of insane leftist policies will be loooong gone! November 2012, it can't get here fast enough.

October 21, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  25. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

I just ate my poop again and there is nothing anybody can do about it!

October 21, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |