Biden in 2016?
October 21st, 2011

Biden in 2016?

(CNN) – For now Vice President Joe Biden is focused on the president's reelection effort, but come 2016 he may be whistling a different tune.

The former presidential candidate and Delaware senator left the door open to running for president again in an exclusive interview with CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

"I'll make up my mind on that later," Biden said in an interview set to air Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm in one of the, probably the best shape I've been in in my life … I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and as long as I do, I'm going to continue to do it."

"And we'll find out, you know, let's get the president reelected," Biden added.

- Watch the video on CNN's "The Situation Room" at 4 p.m. ET.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden • TV-State of the Union
  1. Dave

What has Mr Biden done that would give him any credibility as an executive?

October 21, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  2. Tired of the nonsense

Another intelligent person in the White House after 8 years of Obama, another intelligent person? Absolutely.
    Biden gets my vote.

Kick stupidity out of Washington! Don't vote for any of the GOP!

October 21, 2011 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  3. Woman In California

No fact is – he would be too old by then.

October 21, 2011 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  4. TomNPitt

Taking these terrorist leaders out one at time with Airstrikes and Special Forces, is what Biden was preaching should be done when Bush was in office. No coincidence it's a successful program today with him as the VP. No coincidence Obama picked him to be VP. There's a time for Hilary – it's just not now as VP. Go Joe Go!!

October 21, 2011 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  5. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

OK Joe, let me put this in terms you will understand. That idea is one big F%$#in hallucination! You gotta lay off the booze Joe...

October 21, 2011 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  6. Anonymous

The hubris of this of the mouth of Delaware.

October 21, 2011 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  7. Jack Be Humble

I think Hillary Clinton is going to give Joe Biden quite a run for the moolah in 2016. She has been demonstrating Presidentiality all over the world.

October 21, 2011 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  8. Moderateray

Most of Biden's "gaffes" have only been embarrassing, politically, because they were politically incorrectly truthful. It was a big F'n deal. I would rather have seen him as Secretary of State, in that he would have accomplished more, although Hillary has done a great job, and Biden has been a very active and engaged V.P. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd vote for anyone for President that's 74 or older. Reagan and McCain come to mind.

October 21, 2011 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  9. axeltoast

The hubris of this individual is unbelievable.

October 21, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  10. jen

I will definitely vote for Joe Biden. He is a good VP, lets go Democrats, BIDEN 2016..

October 21, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  11. chill

Got my vote, Joe. You were my first choice in 2008.

October 21, 2011 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  12. Emmanuel Goldstien

Dear GOPers who laugh at Biden running,
    Your top polling candidate for the next election is Herman Cain. If you are still laughing, you just don't get it. Thank you for 4-12 more years.
    Signed,
    The other guys.

October 21, 2011 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  13. Matt

Joe, I like ya, you're like my grandpa, full of fun gaffes and such, but i'm sorry, it's probably not gonna happen.

October 21, 2011 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  14. vic , nashville ,tn

Obama/ Biden doing great job and good team work

October 21, 2011 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  15. Jim, Louisville, KY

I think Biden and reality parted company a long long time ago

October 21, 2011 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  16. clarke

I like the man, but can we get by 2012 first. Please

October 21, 2011 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  17. cd

What party JOE,"The Grateful Dead PARTY" or @ least that what this Nation would WANT!

October 21, 2011 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  18. Riley

Is this a joke? Biden is worse than Obama, and that's hard to do.

October 21, 2011 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  19. GI Joe

Beats the crazy nutjobs the repubs are running thi year.

October 21, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  20. Clueless Joe

Wow, this is a BIG F'ing DEAL!. Does anyone have the number for his website? This guy makes Bush look like a candidate for MENSA...

October 21, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  21. larry

I would rather have someone more similar to Oboma, is Josef Stalin available?

October 21, 2011 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  22. WilliamFL

Biden is more of an idiot than Obama, and that is saying a lot! Thankfully both of them will be gone in 2012. Then the real work of undoing all of the damage Obama/Biden have inflicted on this country will have to begin. ANYBODY BUT OBAMA 2012!!!

October 21, 2011 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  23. rob

First, he got 2% of the vote in the Dem primaries in 08, even they knew he would never be taken seriously. Second, he will be out of a job come Jan, 2013.

Nov. 2012 can't come fast enough.

October 21, 2011 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  24. P...what?

Frightening. It's probably just a Halloween gag.

October 21, 2011 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  25. Noodle Nose Johnson

Joe, I'm a dyed in the wool Dem but uh, seriously, no.

October 21, 2011 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |