Biden in 2016?
October 21st, 2011

Biden in 2016?

(CNN) – For now Vice President Joe Biden is focused on the president's reelection effort, but come 2016 he may be whistling a different tune.

The former presidential candidate and Delaware senator left the door open to running for president again in an exclusive interview with CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

"I'll make up my mind on that later," Biden said in an interview set to air Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm in one of the, probably the best shape I've been in in my life … I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and as long as I do, I'm going to continue to do it."

"And we'll find out, you know, let's get the president reelected," Biden added.

– Watch the video on CNN's "The Situation Room" at 4 p.m. ET.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden • TV-State of the Union
  1. Duane - St. Pete FLA

OMG........please tell me you liberals are joking....this guy is even more of a joke than Obama........on second thought, PLEASE LET HIM RUN!!!!!!!

October 21, 2011 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  2. janelle

Sorry, but the only former VP to be elected Pres after losing the previous election was Nixon, and look how well that turned out!

Both Biden and Hilary are out for 2016. They were both very vocal about McCain being 70 when elected if he were to win. Either one of them running in 2016 would make them both big, fat hypocrites. But, then again, Dems are nothing but big, fat hypocrites, so I guess we'll see both Biden and Hilary in the next round of Democratic primaries.

October 21, 2011 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  3. blake

Biden. Now that's a man truly out of touch with reality. Would love to see him run in 2016. He would get trounced.

October 21, 2011 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  4. NVa Native

Strange how all the Repubs try to slam Biden as talking like a goof. I know it’s hard for them to understand some one who speaks the truth and doesn’t interject fake patriotism and fear into everything. But of course the Repub/tea-baggers always have outrageous expectations for other people and just excuses for their own inadequacies.
    Like when Bush can’t even use a teleprompter or read a speech, and Obama is so good at it he seems to not be using one, the Repubs think Obama is the loser.
    Must be hard living under that rock?

October 21, 2011 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  5. SecedingfromTexas

@DemocratClassWarfare...........
    ***************
    And what are you drinking, you classless slug. Clean up your rhetoric!!!!!!!!!!!

October 21, 2011 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  6. Crew Jobs

Sure, like Biden is going to still be vice president in 2016, or 2013 for that matter. Hilarious.

October 21, 2011 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  7. Wylie Mike

oh Please ....
    Everyone knows that Joe Biden isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
    But to his handlers, a tool his is. And the understanding that he isn't so sharp has gotten him a free pass in the media, the ability to say what Obama couldn't get away with, and has won the pity of most liberals.
    A successful presidential run? Very unlikely. But another round as an incontinent attack dog, a shoe in.

October 21, 2011 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  8. Sniffit

thanks normajean....*blush*

October 21, 2011 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  9. CEL1

Mr Vice President, this time, please keep your foot out of your mouth. Remember, engage brain, PRIOR to opening mouth.

October 21, 2011 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  10. Rickster

lol...only a brain-dead moron would vote for Joe Biden?

October 21, 2011 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  11. willard

People acorn are keep vote for presdient obama and biden also biden and obama still keep like busunies with
    acorn but acorn still cheat vote with obama and biden
    That acorn are keep crime of false vote

October 21, 2011 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  12. mom

I am a total democrat....and can't imagine voting for a republican, but I really do not think Joe Biden is president material. If the republicans had a socially moderate candidate, I may even vote for that person. He is simply not cut out for the job in any way shape or form! In fact, I think Obama would be a lot better off with another VP!

October 21, 2011 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  13. kat

OMG, Please tell me this is a joke. We are barely surviving one term of BHO and now you nuts want this fruitcake. What are ya'll smoking?

October 21, 2011 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  14. One party politics

Poor guy, someone should tell him he may not be on the 2012 ticket. I'm betting he will be replaced by Hillary when the president becomes desperate to win! Beware the idles March.

October 21, 2011 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  15. One party politics

Poor guy, someone should tell him he may not be on the 2012 ticket. I'm betting he will be replaced by Hillary when the president becomes desperate to win! Beware the idles of March.

October 21, 2011 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  16. FRANK - LAS VEGAS

The VP has more brains, more common sense and more experience than all of the current and future GOP/TeaBaggers combined! You look around the GOP/TeaBagger field and all you see is bought and paid for idiots for some time to come. All they can do is complain about the democrats, offer no real plans, but now that the plan isn't working how they thought they've started attacking and whining about their own kind. The GOP/TeaBagger party is done, the country knows it and so do they. It will be happy times once the GOP/TeaBagger party is completely gone, should be right around January 21, 2013.

October 21, 2011 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  17. Claudia, Houston, Tx

That's right V.P. Biden, hit the Republicans below the belt and have fun doing it. I get it, they don't.

October 21, 2011 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  18. duckbutter

wow that would be a big _ _ _ _ ing deal if old joe would run... what a moron...

October 21, 2011 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  19. WDinDallas

Best laugh i've had all week.

October 21, 2011 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  20. Slightly Left of Center

@Willard
    GET A TRANSLATOR!!

October 21, 2011 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  21. Wylie Mike

Now why would this administration be pushing for funding of a 'Police State'. Employing more police does not reduce crime. Police are reactive and should not be an intimidating force to keep people in compliance with the political powers in control. An excess Police capacity can only mean that there is an objective of more control over the population. To reduce crime, open up the markets so people can have good paying jobs to occupy themselves with. A satisfied population has less incentive to commit crime.
    So if Jobs Bill isn't to empower people, it must be to control them.

October 21, 2011 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  22. conoclast

Yeah sure, Joe. People have started wondering if there'll even be a 2012 election, much less one in '16.
    You Washington folks need to go out and take a good look around you!

October 21, 2011 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  23. Joe YOU LIE Wilson

Biden's got my support!

Biden / ????? 2016

October 21, 2011 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  24. If I had a penny for every stupid Republican I'd be rich!

He's got to be kidding! He'll be too old in 2016.

October 21, 2011 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  25. Tony

This gentleman is not qualified to be Vice-President, much less President.

Obama/Clinton 2012, Clinton/Warner 2016!

October 21, 2011 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |