Biden in 2016?
October 21st, 2011

Biden in 2016?

(CNN) – For now Vice President Joe Biden is focused on the president's reelection effort, but come 2016 he may be whistling a different tune.

The former presidential candidate and Delaware senator left the door open to running for president again in an exclusive interview with CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

"I'll make up my mind on that later," Biden said in an interview set to air Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm in one of the, probably the best shape I've been in in my life … I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and as long as I do, I'm going to continue to do it."

"And we'll find out, you know, let's get the president reelected," Biden added.

– Watch the video on CNN's "The Situation Room" at 4 p.m. ET.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden • TV-State of the Union
  1. fred ca

The thought is sick. Thank God we don't have to worry about it. Lyin' biden will be dropped and replaced by huntsman. They are setting this up so blatantly and obviously.

October 21, 2011 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  2. phearis

Hey, why not. Bush won the second election. Anything's possible.

October 21, 2011 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  3. JP

He had certainly learned how not to be a president from his boss.

October 21, 2011 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  4. Cleareye

Biden is a no show. His ego eliminated him from serious contention years ago and he has been fortunate to be allowed to carry Obama's coat. Hillary would be #1 in 2016 and there will be other younger candidates unspoiled by years of insider DC trading.

October 21, 2011 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  5. astro24102

this is the biggest joke I have heard in the last month.....He is brain dead, but also narsacistic. He also like hearing the sound of his own name almost as much as OBummer.

October 21, 2011 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  6. Jan H

I prefer Hilary in 2012 but since we can't have her now I wil take her in 2012..Biden I will take only under duress (like if the Republican field was what it is in 2012)

October 21, 2011 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  7. Noodle Nose Johnson

"That acorn are keep crime of false vote"

Willard, is English ANY of your languages?

October 21, 2011 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  8. Leonore H. Dvorkin

Willard, your post looks like it was written by a drunken computer with the vocabulary of a one-year-old. Can you even speak English?

October 21, 2011 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  9. AlaskaPalin

Like our infrastructure some political leaders are vintage 60's and 70's. we now need a complete overhaul of both if we are to continue to be the world leader. Out with the old in with the young.

October 21, 2011 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  10. Gregg

I hate to burst everyone’s collective bubble, but the poor unfortunate men and women who spilled their blood in Iraq did it for "purely" political reasons. We in American love to try to wrap “everything” we do militarily into a patriotic bundle. You can talk about bravery, patriotism and doing ones duty. You can even try to make yourselves feel better and buy into the politicians excuse that we fight them over there so we do not have to fight them over here…...but in the end 5,000+ dead Americans, 5,000 heartbroken families and a wrecked economy is what we have to show for it.
    I am always in awe of our military and have the utmost respect for what they do. But, when we (our politicians) misuse our armed forces I have very little tolerance. Speaking against the misuse of our troops is never the same as speaking against the troops(for those of you morons who were about to try to chastise me for this)

It is all politics, nothing more, nothing less.

October 21, 2011 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  11. Howard

The only run America should be considering, when it comes to joe biden, is to run him out of town !!!

October 21, 2011 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  12. T'sah from Virginia

Clinton/Biden 2016 – in that order!!!

October 21, 2011 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  13. ricky

Hillary 2016 sounds much better.

October 21, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  14. Pa Mom

If he were elected, it would confirm to the world we are one idiot nations that deserves everything Obama brought us. As for Hilary, she lost my vote by her lack of discresion with Karsai in front of cameras making a mockery out of Herman Cain. Next she too will be apologizing to our enemies for our behavior. God help this country, no one else can!

October 21, 2011 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  15. Scott A

As a progressive and liberal, I wonder what other freethinkers who might support Biden in 2016 would like to know that he was the reason Clarence Thomas became a Supreme Court Justice. If it wasn't for Biden putting a stop to the Anita Hill hearing in 1991 AND for putting a stop to other witness and accusers against Thomas from speaking, there's no way Congress could have confirmed Thomas for the position of Supreme Court Justice. Why did Biden put a stop to the hearing and the other witnesses? The holiday was approaching and the White House as well as Congress was growing impatient with having to listen to so much truthful testimony against Thomas, a fellow conservative (Biden is a conservative in many aspects too) that they all loved.

Just say no to Joe in 2016. We don't need another conservative and we definitely don't need a candidate that constantly sides with big banks and bailing them out with taxpayers' money just so they can spend it all on bonuses.

October 21, 2011 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  16. TPF

OMG! Can you imagine the stupid things he would say as President. He would probably start a new war just with his idiotic statements. Maybe his hair plugs are in too tight and he can't stop talking, or they are pulling most of the blood in his brain all to the wrong place. Obviously not the part where intelligence comes from.

October 21, 2011 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  17. NJ Pilot

I love Biden. He's part of the reason I voted for Obama. Great guy!

October 21, 2011 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  18. Ray

God help us...2012 Dumb and 2016 Dumber!

October 21, 2011 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  19. jasonb

It's bad enough this clown is VP, but the thought of him running for Pres...all of a sudden I'm getting sick... Better to put him, the a n t i c h r i s t Pres, their cabinet, Reid, Pelosi, Schummer on the streets.

October 21, 2011 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  20. RonnieReagan

Let's be clear – Hillary has no clue any more. Look at her weak reactions to both the Gadafi and Bin Ladin murders. That said, Biden better think again if he thinks Obama is going to win the next election. Best go back to being a Senator.

October 21, 2011 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  21. Charlie from the North

Joe Biden, on his worse day could govern rings around any of the current GOP field. It is a fact and all the carping in the world by the contributors to this sight cannot change that Obama/Biden 2012 and Biden 2016

October 21, 2011 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  22. 2020

Good for you, Joe. Go for it! four term democratic party rule, get the country back on top of the world, rather, fighting the world.

October 21, 2011 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  23. jay1975

I think I would take Carter the animated corpse over Biden.

October 21, 2011 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  24. NoGr8rH8r

PAHLEEZE ! Let's get through this year before looking to 2016! Let's worry about tomorrow, today! Seriously though, if he's so delusional that he'd have a shot in 2016, he should be removed from V.P. . Someone call Hillary : )

October 21, 2011 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  25. Larry L

This comment came from Willard. "People acorn are keep vote for presdient obama and biden also biden and obama still keep like busunies with
    acorn but acorn still cheat vote with obama and biden
    That acorn are keep crime of false vote"

____________________________________________________________________________

Folks with these skills are a treasure to the right-wing power-brokers. They are allowed to vote. Strange that we would have evolved to this...

Joe Biden is an outstanding candidate! I truly admire his down-to-earth approach and feel he would be an excellent advocate for the working man.

October 21, 2011 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |