Biden in 2016?
October 21st, 2011

Biden in 2016?

(CNN) – For now Vice President Joe Biden is focused on the president's reelection effort, but come 2016 he may be whistling a different tune.

The former presidential candidate and Delaware senator left the door open to running for president again in an exclusive interview with CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

"I'll make up my mind on that later," Biden said in an interview set to air Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm in one of the, probably the best shape I've been in in my life … I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and as long as I do, I'm going to continue to do it."

"And we'll find out, you know, let's get the president reelected," Biden added.

– Watch the video on CNN's "The Situation Room" at 4 p.m. ET.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden • TV-State of the Union
  1. Rick

Who the heck would vote for this buffoon!....I would say those who have no grasp of vocabulary or have the ability to make up stats on the moment!

Wait....I just described the democrap...........

October 21, 2011 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  2. Chris

Hell NO!

October 21, 2011 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  3. Chris

sorry... heck NO!

October 21, 2011 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  4. Sonnie2

He has experience, but all the wrong kind to be a leader of America. He keeps his foot to close to his mouth. Never know what blurt will come out next.

October 21, 2011 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  5. Independent Voter

I will vote for Biden 2016

October 21, 2011 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  6. phoenix86

President Biden. Possibly the sickest joke I have ever heard.

October 21, 2011 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  7. TCVAN

Please do....couldn't think of a better way to hand the win over to the Republican party.

October 22, 2011 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  8. Southerner01

Biden is the biggest idiot in the entire Washington D.C. area. He's got less chance of being president than a listeria tainted cantaloupe.

October 22, 2011 12:22 am at 12:22 am |
  9. Dtom94

If joe biden is ever president I will be moving out of the country

October 22, 2011 12:43 am at 12:43 am |
  10. normajean @ verizon ,com

ON THE OTHER HAND........Just what America needs ......Mitt Romney as Pres. and Cain as Vice Pres in a major world problem discussion with Putin or perhaps queen Elizabeth would invite them to Windsor!!!Wonder how the two of them would have handled the oil mess in the gulf or perhaps the flooding in Louisiana.!!!!I'm sure the two of them would have had a ball chasing Bin Laden around the world!!!
    . Realistically, neither has the special qualities it takes to be a leader. One of those things is humility, another ,basic intellegence and a strength of character that seems to be missing in this case........ENOUGH SAID!!!!

As to Biden.............I like him right where he is.....We could use a little humor right now!!!!!!!

October 22, 2011 12:46 am at 12:46 am |
  11. Tammy Lambert, Arizona

He know's how the white house works, I will vote for him as long as he makes he brings Obama back into the White house with him.

October 22, 2011 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  12. Tammy Lambert, Arizona

He knows how the white house works. I will vote for him as long as he brings Obama back into the White house.

October 22, 2011 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
  13. David

yes obama in 2012, no biden in 2016. yes hillary in 2016.

October 22, 2011 03:24 am at 3:24 am |
  14. Walter

This guy gives new meaning to the term "laughable lib." Thankfully, come 2013 he'll be out of the public eye; but oh how I'll miss his constant foot-in-mouth spewings.

October 22, 2011 03:38 am at 3:38 am |
  15. scott

Now that is a joke, Biden??? The man is a total idiot and village simpleton. He is not fit to lead anything. Of course most of the people that support him are simpletons themselves.

October 22, 2011 06:15 am at 6:15 am |
  16. Viewman

Let's get this straight, Candy the Fat Ass's big reveal is that Snuffy the Idiot will run for POTUS in 2016. What a piece of work for so call journalism – but there are idiots out there who consider this noteworthy. Ain't CNN great? Candy should have had "Bye, Bye Blackbird" playing in the background.

October 22, 2011 06:18 am at 6:18 am |
  17. MAX

just what does biden do besides embarrass the white house and what does he feed that muskrat he calls hair on hid head

October 22, 2011 06:34 am at 6:34 am |
  18. 9-9-9 plan

I would like to see Obama/Clinton 2012 ticket. Joe is a joke.

October 22, 2011 06:43 am at 6:43 am |
  19. GonzoinHouston

Biden is a lot smarter than he seems in the blooper reel. Like a lot of others here, I agree that he would be too old for the job. Who knows? Maybe the GOP will have worked through its post-W psychosis by then and would nominate someone like Huntsman. The 2016 Democratic nominee will be someone we have barely heard of today. See Clinton in 92, Obama in '08.

October 22, 2011 07:26 am at 7:26 am |
  20. Greg

"Biden in 2012" would have made a bombshell headline.

But he's just layin low, biden his time.

October 22, 2011 07:54 am at 7:54 am |
  21. Maureen

He'll be a few weeks short of 74 at the 2016 election and will cop the same questions McCain copped at 72. Ron Paul seems to be getting an easy ride though at 76 (77 at next year's election).

October 22, 2011 07:55 am at 7:55 am |
  22. Natch

Well, with the job he's done as VP, he's sure to get 2 or 3 votes!

Moron still thinks he's popular. Yeah, with the late night comics who make fun of him!!

October 22, 2011 08:09 am at 8:09 am |
  23. diridi

He is a nice guy. Hillary is the best too....listen, GOP and Tea thugs are for "Rich and Oil Companies of Saudi" not for you. democratic classfare is a moron. He did not vote for Obama either in 2008, well he won. It is sick to read his persona....

October 22, 2011 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  24. jd

Won't he be to OLD to run then, Man would not want him to die in office.. (remember that was Bidens comments about Mccain in 2008)

October 22, 2011 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  25. Randy, San Francisco

Biden is OK but Hillary is my choice.

October 22, 2011 08:54 am at 8:54 am |