Biden in 2016?
October 21st, 2011

Biden in 2016?

(CNN) – For now Vice President Joe Biden is focused on the president's reelection effort, but come 2016 he may be whistling a different tune.

The former presidential candidate and Delaware senator left the door open to running for president again in an exclusive interview with CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

"I'll make up my mind on that later," Biden said in an interview set to air Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm in one of the, probably the best shape I've been in in my life … I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and as long as I do, I'm going to continue to do it."

"And we'll find out, you know, let's get the president reelected," Biden added.

– Watch the video on CNN's "The Situation Room" at 4 p.m. ET.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden • TV-State of the Union
  1. mb2010a

Sorry, Joe. It's going to be Clinton 2016 & 2020...

October 22, 2011 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  2. The Elephant In The Room

The Democrats need to prime the pump with the NEXT GENERATION of leaders, not go backwards with Biden. Otherwise, they will end up just like today`s moribund, "IDEA-LESS" Republican party . . . you know the one that ran a tired, old, out of touch McCain in 2008. Don`t fall into that quagmire, Dems.

Joe, we like you but sorry, this has to be bigger than your personal ambitions.In 2016, go sit on a couple of corporate BOD, make some nice change and enjoy the elder statesman role.

I hope the Dems groom 5 to 6 diverse candidates for SecState, SecDef, SecCom, SecHomSec from the ranks of Governors and Mayors . . . someone like Cory Booker of Newark or Deval Patrick of Massachusetts, or Granholm [although Canadian-born] of Michigan.

Who are the lesser known 40-somethings?

October 22, 2011 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  3. Howie

I get a kick out of conservanuts on here who criticize Biden for being not smart enough to be President. While he wouldn't be my first choice, he is FAR more capable than malibu Barbie, Bachmann, W, or Saint Reagan. The list of idiots they've put in office is as long as your arm.

October 22, 2011 09:08 am at 9:08 am |
  4. Anonymous

Ol Joe kicked off his campaign yesterday when he went to a 4th grade class to promote Obama’s new and improved jobs plan.

October 22, 2011 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  5. Love-My-Texas

SecedingfromTexas

@DemocratClassWarfare...........
    ***************
    And what are you drinking, you classless slug. Clean up your rhetoric!!!!!!!!!!!
    ********************************************************************
    Rhetoric????? Do you read what you post you fool?? Clean up your name calling and insults ("slug") and please tell me you have seceded from the great state of Texas. The faster your kind leave the better Texas becomes!

October 22, 2011 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  6. crazycrazy

HaHaHaHa...Biden is a bafoon. He doesn't even know that J.O.B.S. is a 4 letter word, not 3. What an idiot.

October 22, 2011 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  7. jacksays

"Wake up Joe... You will have been retired for 4 years and we will be in the middle of an economic boom under the Romney/Cain administration. Unemployment will be at 5.5% and nobody will be yearning for what you have brought, 9.1% unemployment. The days of insane leftist policies will be loooong gone! November 2012, it can't get here fast enough."

anyone with an ounce of political experience and intelligence knows at least the first half if not the whole first term of ANY sitting POTUS is merely reaping what his/her predecessor put into place. if what you predict comes to fruition it will be due to the changes put in place by THIS POTUS, not someone else. sorry, nothing against any candidate for the office but that's just how the cycle works.

October 22, 2011 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  8. jacksays

it just amazes me every single day how people have been micromanaging the sitting US POTUS since day One of his administration but didn't do that to the last one, the one before him, or the ones before him! what IS it that makes people watch every single move this guy does and scream like a little brother running to his mother? perhaps, just perhaps, if we'd been watching all the previous POTUS' this closely we wouldn't be in the spot we are now? remember folks, it didn't take three years to get us here, it took decades. and if you have it in your head that Obama (or ANYONE ELSE) can turn it around in three years, well, you're a bigger fool than any of us ever thought you were.

October 22, 2011 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  9. ray

I think Joe is an inspiration to the mentally challenged everywhere. He is one heartbeat away from being president and has accomplished this without a brain. Inspiring is it not?

October 22, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  10. Jeffer65

Hey Willard – what are you talking about it? No offense but your post is not written very well.

As for Biden – don't bother running for Pres, Joe. Let's get some new faces in the public eye.

October 22, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  11. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

I just ate my poop again and there is nothing anybody can do about it!
    ===================================================
    Moderators continuously reject/censor my legit posts and let this fool spoof my account and they approve this??? I now believe the person doing this IS a moderator on this forum. What the heck is going on around here?

October 22, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  12. DAS

Only the people that have always had something against Obama are the ones that have crazy things to say about VP Biden. VP Biden must not have been as crazy as some of you say, or else how could he have been re-elected as senator for all of those years, before being brought aboard as VP to Obama for the US. Some of you are just going to hate Obama just because. I surely would rather have Biden as president after Obama than ANY of the nuts in the GOP, that will say no to anything if it has to do with the DNC.

And it's beyond me how many people don't see through the GOP BS, how can you be that gullable? The real irony is that the vast majority of the people that are with the GOP, are middle class and the poor. Yet the GOP clearly show you time and time again that they don't care nor represent you and your life, unless you are wealthy. Most of the GOP supporters are in the same boat as the democratic supporters. But you've been brainwashed to believe that if you want to fight for what is fair, that somehow that's a LIBERAL principle. I'm sorry, I didn't know that a person that wanted to work was known as a conservative, and person that wanted to educate themselves further after HS is a liberal concept. I was always taught that a educated, hard working person is just a person with self esteem, period. That's not party affiliation.

October 22, 2011 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  13. Ed 1

No way in hell you don't have the smarts for the job and I know your current boss doesn't either.

Haven't you and your cronies cost the tax payers enough yet.

Retirement would be a great place for someone like you enjoy and we might be able to sleep better at night.

October 22, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  14. gyrogearloose

Biden would be just as much of a disaster as president as would Perry. How about we find someone not so divisive to elect as president?

October 22, 2011 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  15. Bradley

Joe, you have my vote!

October 22, 2011 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  16. Doug

There are not enough evil people in America for him to win, Joe Biden will need some votes from the Americans he has called terrorists for not drinking the Obama kool-aide and not marching lock step to the hateful liberal ideology.

The gimme voters will vote for anyone who steals from the hard working decent Americans, but every American with morals and values, the conservatives and moderates, will have a hard time voting for a guy who thinks that FDR was president in 1929 and feels that opposing his hateful great society programs is an act of terrorism.

October 22, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  17. MatarLaRaza

Biden for Prez...LOL!!!!!

October 22, 2011 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  18. Doug

LOL, you are not fooling anyone Willard, Colbert beat you to the act of getting Democrats to love you by pretending to be the Conservative Republican that only exists in the hateful warped mind of the evil Democrat.

October 22, 2011 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  19. RS, CA

Hairplugs invaded your brain, Joe?

October 22, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  20. News

Will this Drama Queen ever retire???????

October 22, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  21. Bill

The smartest thing Biden could do is retire before he makes a fool of himself again. The only reason he was chosen as VP is so people, looking at Obama and Biden, would want to keep Obama in office to avoid Biden ever getting his hands on the presidency.

October 22, 2011 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  22. OhioConservative

Best way to guarantee a republican victory would be to run Biden! Go for it!

October 22, 2011 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  23. OhioConservative

Let's see – to run for president, you have to find someone dumber than yourself as a running mate. Who can we – I know! Dennis Kucinich!

October 22, 2011 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  24. IzzyRoush

I would vote for Joe, I am thinking he would be the president I had hoped Obama would be

October 22, 2011 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  25. FIELD1stSGT

Biden and Obama are two more egotistial morons to think the majority of the people would be so stupid as to vote them even back into office. Must less braindead Biden as President in 2016. HOLY MONKEES.

October 22, 2011 11:47 am at 11:47 am |