October 31st, 2011

Cain breaks out in song

(CNN) - During his much-watched appearance at the National Press Club Monday, presidential candidate Herman Cain concluded his speech with a rare performance of singing a gospel song.

The former Godfather's Pizza executive - also a Baptist minister who was featured in a gospel album earlier this year - said he wanted to express the importance of faith in his personal life. Cain fielded questions all morning over sexual harassment allegations, which he called falsely made and baseless.

Filed under: 2012 • Herman Cain
  1. Dominican mama 4 Obama

What a minstrel.
    Have you NO shame.
    Talk about selling your soul to the devil.
    Even Herman Cain is astounded at how far American right-wing stupidity has allowed Herman Cain to get.
    Believe that.

October 31, 2011 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  2. Wire Palladin, S. F.

OMG! No wonder the teavangelicals approve of him more than Mittens, Herb is nuts.

October 31, 2011 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  3. Anonymous

This is all we need.

October 31, 2011 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  4. The Situation

Dude is now desperate! This should be the end of Raising Cain!

October 31, 2011 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  5. vet in texas

Reminds me of a great movie titled "Soldier Story", Mr. Cain is CJ, I love the part where SFC Waters tells the story of when he was in France, and what they did to the fool who fell for it and wore the cape and crown.......

October 31, 2011 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  6. Jake

a gospel singing and preaching President of the USA...that is what this country DOES NOT need! because America is always the first to point a finger at Religious Extremists!

October 31, 2011 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  7. Bill

Maybe he has a future on American Idol. He sure does not have one in politics.

October 31, 2011 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  8. Sniffit

He's already walking back his denials. I was all ready to admit defeat on my prediction that he'd be gone by the end of October, but I think I might have to double down and make that by the end of November. He was slower to implode than I thought he'd be. Just wait for the campaign finance law violations to start adding up and getting investigated....

October 31, 2011 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  9. ThinkAgain

This is just getting weirder and weirder all the time ....!

October 31, 2011 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  10. Hemuda01

This is how these politicians and people invite religious discrimination against those from other religions who want to serve people through public offices. We call this nation a secular country, but a person seeking office at highest level invite religious discrimination and throws secularism in garbage. This just goes to show how public in general would look at a person from other religion in day to day life. You simply cannot hold an important position in elected office if you are not a Christain. There are few countries that are evolved to accept a person from minority communities and one is far ahead of them all.

October 31, 2011 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  11. Lost in Texas FOREVER and EVER

could you imagine if President Obama would have done something like this on the campaign trail in 2008? We might be looking at President Clinton or worse President McCain if he done so. To be honest I like that particular song, but I don't think that it was the right time and place to do so. Song and tap dance is a sterotype we AA's have trying to escape from for years.

October 31, 2011 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  12. CA Dream USA

Never thought I would say it but..I really feel sorry for this guy.......Looks like the republicans dug up dirt on this guy..And now he has no where to run and hide after attacking so many who may have came to his rescue...

October 31, 2011 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  13. Larry L

Look how "Godly" I am! Don't even think about those women... Think about your personal relationship with Jesus... no... think about MY personal relationship with Jesus! I'm waaay more religious than those other Republicans who claim God told them to run for President! Ignore the fact that my tax plan hurts the poor... think about Jesus and I paling around.

October 31, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  14. Peace

When I read quickly the heading at the first place, I thought it was written: "Cain breaks out in tears". Oh! I was wrong. Now he has initiated the campaign choir! Good for him and his supporters.

October 31, 2011 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |