Oklahoma pollster confirms he witnessed incident involving Cain
November 2nd, 2011

Oklahoma pollster confirms he witnessed incident involving Cain

Washington (CNN) - Oklahoma Republican political consultant Chris Wilson confirmed to CNN that he witnessed Herman Cain demonstrate inappropriate conduct toward a female employee while he led the National Restaurant Association. Wilson first made this charge Wednesday in an interview with KTOK, an Oklahoma radio station.

In that interview, Wilson-who is doing polling for a political action committee supporting Texas Governor Rick Perry's campaign but is independent of it–described an incident with Cain and a female employee.

"This occurred at a restaurant in Crystal City (Virginia) and everybody was aware of it," said Wilson, who was a consultant for the organization at the time, in the KTOK interview. "It was only a matter of time because so many people were aware of what took place, so many people were aware of her situation, the fact she left-everybody knew with the campaign that this would eventually come up."

Wilson would not elaborate beyond his comments to the radio station. He has dismissed any notion that he commented on this for political reasons. He told CNN "I had nothing to do with leaking this in any way, and I've never discussed or shared this story with any of my clients – period."

In his description of the event to the radio station KTOK, Wilson said "I was the pollster at the National Restaurant Association when Herman Cain was head of it, and I was around a couple of times when this happened and anyone who was involved with the NRA at the time, knew that this was going to come up."

On the radio, he predicted "if she (the alleged victim) comes out and talks about it, like I said, it'll probably be the end of his campaign."

Filed under: 2012 • Herman Cain
  1. Wire Palladin, S. F.

So now we know where the 'lynching' of Cain came from. Perry, you little devil you. All this time I thought it was the turdblossom Rove.

November 2, 2011 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  2. Wire Palladin, S. F.

It only proves that tea baggers are racist pigs. Limpbag and Coulter are wrong again.

November 2, 2011 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  3. Stacey

As I stated earlier today, I can't wait to hear this woman's side of the story. This is very bad news for Herman Cain. Now you have a credible witness to the allegations of inappropriate behavior. Mr. "Black Walnut," Mr. "Cornbread" is toast (no pun intended).

November 2, 2011 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  4. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Does this mean the the teabaggers, birthers, birchers, and libertarians will do a complete circle and throw their support to Bachmann?

November 2, 2011 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  5. Nash

Who said this attack came from the left again? If Cain is flabberfasted by one attack against his character, imagine the attacks he would receive as President. I remember personal attacks to Clinton, Bush and now Obama. If Cain can't handle this, he is not ready for primetime especially with his weak knowledge on major issues.

November 2, 2011 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. SecedingfromTexas

Hope Cain is better prepared for dealing with Prosperity USA and the possible violation of campaign and financial
    laws that he says "he is not aware of" either. HIs "awareness" factor is pathetic. Maybe he should "phone home" to
    the Koch Brothers for help.

November 2, 2011 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  7. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I look for Herb to be very successful on 'American Idol' or "Dancing With the Stars.' That is almost as good as being president.

November 2, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  8. Lost in Texas FOREVER and EVER

A REPUBLICAN is saying this??? Not an "evil left wing media type"? ROFLMAO...ok Hannity, Rush, Ann NOW what do you have to say? Yeah they'll probably just call this guy a RINO!

November 2, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  9. HermanCain

All, thank you for your support during my presidential run..since I can't keep my hands to myself, I've decided to remove my name for consideration for president of the united states...thanks again!

November 2, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  10. Clwyd

Yup! That Liberal Media has gone too far! Politico, first a conservative mouth piece for the teabuggers and now a republican. There must me a Liberal conspiracy going on. How about the closed minds of the right?

November 2, 2011 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  11. Clwyd

The 8 loony tunes running as republicans shows how sick the republican party is!

November 2, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  12. Dee

One question: Where is Cain's wife? Lots of times when these accusations come up in the media, the wife will stand up/speak out on her husband's behalf. Makes me wonder about the depth of his alleged indiscretion. Cain talked about bringing "humor" to this campaign. I'm wondering if he's planning on turning this whole situation into one big "laugh"!!

November 2, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  13. TEGRULZ

And yet he refuses to describe the event in any way shape or form. CLARENCE THOMAS ANYONE?

November 2, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  14. Russ

I can't even imagine where this would have gone if this had come up with Obama during his campaign. So Herman, just get it over with and withdraw and take Bachmann with you. Neither of you stand a chance anyway.

November 2, 2011 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  15. SC

I knew it was from the right. I waged a bet it was Perry, Romney or Rowe (you know the bald headed mean guy). Let the swiftboating begin. Some people will do anything for power. I doubt if Cain has learned his lesson that when you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.

November 2, 2011 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  16. JohnP

Hey, Wire Palladin SF, do you have an actual job? Or are you a typical liberal and "blog" all day. Your comments are all over everything and CNN doesn't have the ba**s to post this.

November 2, 2011 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  17. vet in texas

Once again the GOP followers have been duped again, as if they don't realize it. We have been saying since this came out that it was the GOP who were attacking him and you guys keep believing what a radio dj (which is all they are) tell you time and time again! They duped you into believing the world was ending so you bought up all the guns and ammo at extremely high prices, then they duped you again and you bought emergency food and gold........how long does it take for you to get kicked when your down for you to realize that conservatism only exists for those who are wealthy, nothing wrong with being wealthy, but for anyone to think that the rurul family of 4 struggling to make ends meet would benefit from tax cuts, defense spending and ending safety regulations put in place for a reason , and that domestic oil drilling will fix all of our problems, isn't silly, it's sad.

Face it, If Obama was this bad, then why are the current group of candidates to take his job and "save the country" so poor, ask yourself which one of these candidates will actually care for your well being, I don't mean who will give you something, I mean who will care, Cain doesn't, Bachmann surely doesn't, Perry doesn't, I couldn't fathom Romney caring about anyone else but his donors.

What if, just what if, all they told you since the inaguration was false, based on Barry's proposals and previous republican finger prints on them, you've been duped, and the gold you can't eat proves it!

November 2, 2011 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  18. TPF

Any male or female can file a harassment complaint and suit at any time. It's rampant in the workplace on both sides.
    Companies will make a settlement no matter if it's legit or not, just to stay out of court with it. I personally witnessed this with my employer, where nothing ever happened between the alleged victim and the defendant. There were even several witness that came forward and verified that nothing inappropriate happened and the company gave out a settlement anyway, just to not go to court. You can barely breathe at work anymore without it offending someone.

November 2, 2011 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  19. Four and The Door

What you are seeing here is Governor Perry playing political games. This is unfortunate.

November 2, 2011 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  20. Kala

Put a fork in him...he's done!

November 2, 2011 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  21. NVa Native

GOPtee-baggers yell while gnashing their yellow teeth and saying anything to distract the lame stream media from Hermie’s being a sleaze bag – "Acorn!, Pelosi!, Obamacare!" …..you're still not distracted from Hermie's indiscretion? “Socialists!, Tax & Spend!” damn you fact addicted Liberals! It’s all Obama’s fault!

November 2, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  22. pig in a poke

What a crock ! Govenor Perry should through his butt out on the street !!!
    Okay all this is said but nothing is declared. What did he do that was so wrong Mr or Ms Wilson ?
    You can't make wild accusations about someone and not give content. Oh I'm not going to tell you what it was, the victims will have to if they come forward. At this point we have nothing but claims of misconduct but no actual misconduct. Thats like saying Billy smoked a cigar. We need better liability laws in this country to offset the smears and slander that occur at the hands of our politicians.

November 2, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  23. TPF

Don't think for a second that Clarence Thomas did not do what he was accused of doing. That was strictly politics that got him off and appointed.

November 2, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  24. NVa Native

The right-wing freaks are right – Cain is the opposite of Obama!

November 2, 2011 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  25. C in the South

Cheer up, Herman! Go have a few slices of GFs pizza and a brew while you ponder your next career move.

Who knows ... if you're nice and manage to keep your hands to yourself from now on there may be a post as Ambassador to Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan waiting for you. I doubt it though...

November 2, 2011 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |