Oklahoma pollster confirms he witnessed incident involving Cain
November 2nd, 2011

Oklahoma pollster confirms he witnessed incident involving Cain

Washington (CNN) - Oklahoma Republican political consultant Chris Wilson confirmed to CNN that he witnessed Herman Cain demonstrate inappropriate conduct toward a female employee while he led the National Restaurant Association. Wilson first made this charge Wednesday in an interview with KTOK, an Oklahoma radio station.

In that interview, Wilson-who is doing polling for a political action committee supporting Texas Governor Rick Perry's campaign but is independent of it–described an incident with Cain and a female employee.

"This occurred at a restaurant in Crystal City (Virginia) and everybody was aware of it," said Wilson, who was a consultant for the organization at the time, in the KTOK interview. "It was only a matter of time because so many people were aware of what took place, so many people were aware of her situation, the fact she left-everybody knew with the campaign that this would eventually come up."

Wilson would not elaborate beyond his comments to the radio station. He has dismissed any notion that he commented on this for political reasons. He told CNN "I had nothing to do with leaking this in any way, and I've never discussed or shared this story with any of my clients – period."

In his description of the event to the radio station KTOK, Wilson said "I was the pollster at the National Restaurant Association when Herman Cain was head of it, and I was around a couple of times when this happened and anyone who was involved with the NRA at the time, knew that this was going to come up."

On the radio, he predicted "if she (the alleged victim) comes out and talks about it, like I said, it'll probably be the end of his campaign."

Filed under: 2012 • Herman Cain
  1. jb1963

Say goodbye to Uncle Tom. His white wannabe slave owners from Texas threw him out of the house.

November 2, 2011 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  2. Spike from Memphis

Nash makes a good point. SWhter he's guilty or not, it doesn't appear he's ready to handle the daily grind of being the CIC.

November 2, 2011 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  3. Sniffit

"People are getting really desperate here to smear this guy. You're that afraid, huh?"

Afraid? hahahahahaha

Dude...the MSM hasn't even started reporting at all on the FACTS showing his campaign has broken a bunch of election and campaign financing laws. Don't worry...we'll move on to that if he somehow miraculously survives this debacle.

November 2, 2011 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  4. Amazing

So now that you have another witness who happens to a Republican, can we at least stop blaming the liberal media for this story? It really would not be a story if he had simply been honest. His credibility was already tarnished by previous bouts of denial of facts (e.g. he claimed to have never said no muslims in his vcabinet and people have the right to ban mosques in their neighborhoods; he clearl y made both statements). The act can be forgiven but lying aboout it can not.

You wil also recall some of his personal attacks on the President that had nothing to do with policy (e.g. the President is not a real black man). In some ways, Cain is reaping what he has sown. I do feel sorry that the media is attemptng to drag his wife into this mess.

November 2, 2011 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  5. fayse

I just received an email from NewsMax.com... A third woman has surfaced with the same accusation. How many others will speak up?

November 2, 2011 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  6. Dixie

Hmmm. I doubt Cain will pull out of the race until his numbers are so low the "dough" stops coming in.

November 2, 2011 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  7. YAIYO1962

Hermie – if you liked her you "should have put a ring on it"...hated it but you should know better. Life is now under a microscope that Hermie should have checked himself along the way.

November 2, 2011 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  8. rb

Seemed odd that the baggers would support a non white guy...unless they had some dirt on ole Herm. Perhaps IF he ever became pres it would be one leak to impeachment and their #2 guy could become pres without actually having to do the heavy lifting. Did this leak come out prematurely??

November 2, 2011 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  9. psbfla

I don't care what happened back in the 90's with Herman Cain, nor do I care. Herman Cain has balls, and the brains to run the business of Washington DC. He's got my vote!

November 2, 2011 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  10. Tim

CNN-consider the source before you publish!

November 2, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  11. vet in texas

"They are what we thought they were" – Coach Denny Green

November 2, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  12. NVa Native

pig is a puke ~ “It further proves the weak minded tee-baggers are racist pigs” – was that the correct way to say it? Coulter and the rest of the cave-people falsely claiming liberals were attacking Cain for being a womanizer because he is a black Repub is the fact.
    But it wasn't false and it wasn’t the Dems doing the back-stabbing – as those who aren’t addicted to fox all knew – it the GOPtee-baggers who were doing the slicing & dicing!
    “You prove it by being ignorant & arrogant!”

November 2, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  13. livingston

Oh my! This is going to be good! The closet door is open and the skeletons are starting to fallout! Make your self some popcorn and enjoy the show!

November 2, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  14. ward

What was going on ? This was going on and from the Perry campaign no less give me a beak.

November 2, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  15. Patriot

I am willing to wait to hear from the women who are under legal terms not disclose the settlement. However, if this witness has any veracity, well, maybe it won't be Anita Hill all over again.

I love these holy rollers who get lucky, are lionized as being the next coming, and then turn out that they can't keep their pants on. Do as I say, not as I do...whatya say there Herminator???

November 2, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  16. Howard

I'll bet you anything that the wacko republicans will still find a way to blame the Democrats.

November 2, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  17. mannycl

This is happening because he is black and very popular. Sexual harrasment has become such a business to make easy money that it's become impossible to look at anybody or say anything without being sued. If the person got money he or she is doomed. They will ruin anybody's reputation for just for a few dollars. Whomever didi it it's not woth anything and what it worse know the same women are trying to make more money by trashing this man. To me these women, who are trying to destroy this man are worth nothing as well as the liberal media that keep bringing this over and over just for political gain. Just pure trash!

November 2, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  18. Tom

I'm not surprised this came from fellow republicans. The left would've used this only if Cain was the nominee.

November 2, 2011 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  19. Rick McDaniel

More innuendo.

Come out with the facts, or shut up.

November 2, 2011 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  20. no1atall

Man! I'm turning into a prophet! I told you this guy was Clarence Thomas 2.0! Now he literally is following in Thomas's footsteps. Could this be any sweeter? Don't worry Herman, you can always fall back on your support within the Black community. ROTFLMAO!

November 2, 2011 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  21. T'sah from Virginia

I knew this came from the RIGHT – Where's Coulter and Limbaugh NOW with their racist statements "our BLACKS are better than their BLACKS;" – I felt like reaching into the TV and "pulling" Coulter's hair and whip her like she stole something!!!

Dang, I was really looking forward to Cain going up against President Obama!! Oh well...

Obama 2012

November 2, 2011 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  22. ward

Give me a real person with some facts and then I might give some credence to the story. Better yet remember this happened 15years ago folks. Wow

November 2, 2011 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  23. Pots-n-kettles

Wonder if his harrassment was on a par with putting an intern under the desk in the oval office?

November 2, 2011 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  24. strangereality

Now we have a witness, who is under no confidentiality agreement, who cant tell us anything, but he saw the whole thing???????Oh but he works for Perry's campaign.

November 2, 2011 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  25. Grudoon

He can't damage control this anymore..

November 2, 2011 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |