Huntsman zings Romney in web video
November 3rd, 2011

Huntsman zings Romney in web video

(CNN) - Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman isn't letting up on his barrage of Mitt Romney-aimed insults. A web video released Thursday is the latest of Huntsman's efforts to paint the former governor of Massachusetts as a serial flip-flopper.

The spot opens with coverage of public criticism toward Romney for changing positions. The news clips are followed by video of the GOP frontrunner addressing the issues of immigration and abortion where he appears to reverse his stance–over a period of time. One clip reflects a younger Romney, compared with some from the current campaign.

"12 million are still here illegally, should be able to sign up for permanent residency or citizenship," he says in one clip.

But in another, "We can't talk about amnesty; we cannot give amnesty to those who have come here illegally."

And the video closes with Romney in his own words, "I'm sorry if I created any confusion in that regard," he says.

Huntsman, also a former U.S. ambassador to China, has consistently polled in low single digits of support since announcing his candidacy in June. He's spent most of his time in New Hampshire with hopes of a good showing in the state's critical first-in-the-nation primary. Huntsman's latest jab at Romney is well-aimed as Romney holds a big lead in recent New Hampshire polls.

Filed under: 2012 • Jon Huntsman • Mitt Romney
  1. Mitt Romney @ Bain Capital posing with Dollar Bill$$ like a Gangstar while shipping American jobs to China

Mitt Romney is giving Flip Flops a bad name!!!!

November 3, 2011 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  2. Sniffit

Haha. Obama and the Dems thank you for your support, Huntsy.

November 3, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  3. dolceamara

You're a sore loser, Huntsman. Get over it.

November 3, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  4. Thad

Keep fighting the good fight huntsman

November 3, 2011 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  5. jme

Huntsman, being LDS (Mormon) knows better. Romney has been widely misunderstood on the "flip-flopping" issues. It is a strong LDS tradition that laws supporting freedom is different from personal choice and opinion. Brigham Young (the second President of the LDS Church) supported sale of liquor in the territory which became Utah, but was personally and as a church leader very much against consuming alcohol.

Parsing Romnes comments in context will (easily) establish when he voices the opinions of a President/Governor (freedom to choose) and when he shares his own personal convictions.

November 3, 2011 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  6. Woman In California

Here's an idea Huntsman: why don't you and your "brother" Romney BOTH go put on a new pair of magic underwear and DISAPPEAR? Personally, I would not vote for Romney under ANY circumstances and you are nothing more than a back stabbing opportunist who is getting just what you deserve via the polls.
    Good bye.

November 3, 2011 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  7. DIANA

It's a shame that he has to stoop to this level in order to get attention. I'm not a Republican and I am a hard core Obama supporter but I'd give this man a hard look if he were to be nominated. Unfortunately for the Republican's that'll never happen. He'd give our President a run for his money.

November 3, 2011 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  8. Yucon

A mormon throwing stones to another mormon ... Romney might be saying oh brother! what the hell is going with this nut... get your frustrations towards somebody else! why me? oh brother!

November 3, 2011 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  9. Drew

Listen, I'm a democrat and I think Huntsman should be a democrat he is definately too moderate for these looneys. I like him and I think he is more qualified to be president than all of the others too bad he doesn't appeal to the right of right Tea Party and the neo con Republicans. I guess being married with several children and a very positive record as governor of Utah means nothing to tose knuckleheads. They'd rather have pizza man.

November 3, 2011 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  10. vic , nashville ,tn

Only Jon Huntsman can beat Obama in general election but he can’t win the GOP nomination because he worked for Obama 2 years another Charlie Crist story sad

November 3, 2011 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  11. Sniffit

Given what psychological studies have shown about the differences between peopel who are "conservative" versus "liberal"...and the conservative mind's tendency to cling, desperately, to the way things were or are and to resist change, even to the extent that irrational defense mechanisms kick in when confronted with it ("THE WORLD IS CHANGING AROUND ME AND IT FRIGHTENS AND ANGERS ME!!!!)...one would think that Mittens' penchant for flip-floppery, the utterly amorphous nature of his so-called principles and the lack of character that indicates, would be a huge turn off for the GOP/Teatrolls.

Oh wait...what's that? He hasn't been able to climb past 25% or so and the entire GOP/Teatroll army seems to be taking an "anyone but Mittens" approach to the primary so far?.....well hmmmm.....

November 3, 2011 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  12. VA VERY Ex Republican

why 12 million people are allowed to stay illegally and be given the chance to change their status and would Mitt or anyone else in that regard say the same thing if it wasn't a nomination BS to attract the latino vote in particular???? The republican party has no values and they lack the least amount of decensy. exactly like what happend to me when I used to be a blinded registerd supporter of GOP. The funny part is that they start with the song do you want to pay more taxes or less taxes which attracts any one mind you new immigrants like me 16 years ago then later on you find out that you still pay taxes and your taxes go up instead of going down and even during 8 years of Bush in which the first 4 years a republican congress was in charge so here goes the chance of cutting taxes and instead they gave the break to the rich and the corporations and left us behind. I am not a republican any more nor I am a democrat. I decided to become independent with conservative values and think on my own and dance to the song that my brain agrees with and do not dance to the one my brain does not agree with. what amazes me is the number of people who still follow the GOP which raises very important questions, are we a stupid nation or are we a nation of stupids???? are we against Obama because he is really doing a bad job, or are we against Obama because we are racist who hate to have a smart black president???? Some comments claim that Obama took the country down the drain. I truly wish I know the level of education this person making such a comment has because if he has any then he will realize that Bush did this and not Obama. I am not defending Obama, but I am so amazed by how far someone can go to bring down a very smart methodical president because of the color of his skin. the GOP did not even come close attacking Bill Clinton even with the Lewinsky scandal as they are attacking Obama now. I truly wonder why. I wish every republican stand in front of a mirror and ask him or herself the question of why am I against Obama, and answers him or herself truthfully then and only then they will realize what my fromer party is doing to them. Its time for the republicans to think with both their heads and their hearts and maybe they will see the light and start supporting the president.

November 3, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  13. Democrat Party - leftist "progressive" socialist communist losers hellbent on destroying the USA

Geez, Huntsman is almost as desperate as Obama!! Hey Jon, when you're showing up in the polls at 0%, it is time to pack it in.

November 3, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  14. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Huntsman sounds good and is willing to listen to science not ideology. That is one reason why he won't get the GOP nomination. That is a sad fact because he could give Obama a run for his money despite being in the adminstration.

November 3, 2011 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  15. alvinalvin

Hunstman always comes off a little bit like a whiner and seems jealous of Romney. Not sure why he stays in the race when he isn't connecting. The people who seem to like him most are Democrats who say typically say something like "the best Rebuplican candidate is Hunstman". Maybe he would have better luck running as a Dem in four years.

November 3, 2011 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  16. The Greedy Old Pigs have lost their minds!

Nice comments, VERY. While Mr. Hunts Man is still a full-fledged believer in the failed policies of his GOBP deathcult, he is slightly saner than the rest, which isn't saying much when you thing about it.

November 3, 2011 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |