Paul has no plans for third-party bid
November 6th, 2011

Paul has no plans for third-party bid

Washington (CNN) - Texas Rep. Ron Paul issued a trademark blunt response Sunday when asked if he might launch a third-party presidential bid in the event he fails to win the Republican presidential nomination.

"I have no intention (of) doing that. That doesn't make sense to me to even think about it, let alone plan to do that," Paul said on "Fox News Sunday."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Ron Paul
  1. Four and The Door

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    He said absolutely nothing here. He needs to say instead very clearly that he will not run as an independent candidate in 2012. Otherwise, he can forget about getting a nomination from Republicans. He knows he would lose as a third party candidate so that would only work against the Republican success in 2012. With what he is saying right now, it is impossible to consider him as a serious Republican candidate.

November 6, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  2. Keith in Austin

Thanks Ron! If you ran as a 3rd Party Candidate, all you would accomplish is splitting the Conservative vote and put Bozo back in office for 4 more very long years!

November 6, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  3. ST

Does Ron Paul do this as a hobby or what? Every election cycle when he joins the other contenders , I ask myself what is his intention?

November 6, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  4. 1berty4All

The only thing that matters is that the Ron Paul supporters don't consider any of the other Republican candidates as serious, not a serious change from Obama.

No republican wil win in Nov 2012 without the Ron Paul supporters. Smear Dr Paul if you want, and call him unelectable, but don't come looking for my vote in 2012.

November 6, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  5. middle class rep

Frankly, if Ron Paul doesn't win in primaries, it completely doesn't matter for me who else will win the presidency. If Paul won't be in White House, America is still going to go do down the drain, it will be worse and worse. They WON'T get our troops home, they WON'T cut their spendings, and I am guessing we will be taxed more and more.
    I honestly believe that American people start to open their eyes, we have such a chance right now to turn America into the right track. please people, read about Ron Paul and educate others, who probably didnt even hear about this brilliant politician (media doesnt really want to talk about him).
    If it will be Ron Paul against Obama – its obvious Paul will win!

November 6, 2011 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  6. Pat

Thats about as clear as you can get.

November 6, 2011 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  7. Larry L

The Ralph Nader of the right-wing. He's mostly correct in his critical observations and horribly wrong in his proposed solutions. Anarchy slanted toward the wealthy is not a good plan for our government.

November 6, 2011 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |