Allred and another Cain accuser to hold news conference
November 7th, 2011

Allred and another Cain accuser to hold news conference

Washington (CNN) – Famed defense attorney Gloria Allred says another woman who alleges she was sexually harassed by Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain will go public in a news conference in New York on Monday.

Three women have alleged Cain harassed them when they worked for the National Restaurant Association while he headed the group in the 1990s. Allred said that the woman she will appear with at the news conference isn't one of those three.

"Ms. Allred's client will be the first to give her name and to speak out about details of what she alleges occurred between her and Cain," the attorney said in a news release.

Cain has vehemently denied committing sexual harassment.

Allred says the alleged harassment took place when her client sought Cain's help with an employment issue while she was working at the association.

Also see:

Cain scolds reporters: 'End of story' to sexual harassment claims

Paul has no plans for third-party bid

Sen. Hutchison: Perry's record is 'fair game'

Filed under: 2012 • Herman Cain
  1. GI Joe

How can these people seeking honesty continue to pressure that poor man - he has already dictated that the case is closed. ha ha ha ha ha

November 7, 2011 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  2. mgc tampa

If this is a legimate complaint, why is she just now coming forward. I do not assume just because a woman's claims it happened that it actually did. I have been accused too, by someone who got pissed becasue I did return her interest. I have seen this happen to other men as well so we need to be careful. If in fact its true and can be proven then he needs to go down but not just on someone's word without proof. Everyone is not honorable.

November 7, 2011 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  3. Richie P

I'm more about quality rather than quantity. Please, CNN, before just adding more vague, nameless accusers to the pile, give us some real information about the allegations we already have.

November 7, 2011 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  4. Bill

Cain is toast. Goodbye Hermie. "Imagine there's no pizza"

November 7, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  5. Four and The Door

Welcome to the world of national conservative politics Mr. Cain. Now you have hack celebrity attorney Gloria Allred sniffin' around for another 15 minutes of fame at your expense. Hang in there, man. I like your ideas for our nation.

November 7, 2011 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  6. Dr. Ruth

I can't belive these guys with their rethoric ""Family Values"" every single one has issues. If you commit to a standard and you don't follow suit, then you are not who you say you are..
    Myself I look at pretty girls and sometimes I do socialise with them, I just don't cross the line.. Mr Herman has wondering eyes and he acts on it, therefore crossing the line..

November 7, 2011 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  7. JDH

You expected all of this would just "go away?" "End of story?"

Nope. I don't think so.

November 7, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  8. Lacey

yep...he's toast...a 4th accuser?!! are you kidding me...he's done!

November 7, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  9. Fair is Fair

Gloria Allred. Need I say more?

November 7, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama

------------------------
    Monday as in today Monday? Or Monday as in a week from today in order to give somebody time to pay her off to keep her quiet?
    Just asking....

November 7, 2011 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  11. Alex

Cain is done!

November 7, 2011 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  12. mgc tampa

Be very careful people, she should be suspect when now all of a sudden she is claiming this. Many men have been vilified by woman for other reasons. I was accused when I refused her advances. Not saying it didn't happen but guys you know there are some woman they will say and do anything to get back at you. If it happened, he needs to go down but her saying its so doesn't make it so. Why didn't she pursue it then? Maybe a chance for money now???

November 7, 2011 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  13. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Excuse me, . . . excuse me, Herb. Innocent people do not have to pay off people $35,000 and $45,000 to make wrongdoing go away. That said, Rove and the boys were getting worried about Herb winning the nomination, and they put an end to it.

November 7, 2011 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  14. vet in texas

"Excuse me", "Excuse me"

November 7, 2011 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  15. Lee

Wow, a 4th woman? At least this one is coming forward. While I do not in any way condone sexual harassment, the biggest issue I am having with Cain right now is how he is handling this. His attempts to brow beat the media and not answer people question speaks volumes on how he will answer to important question in a Cain Administration. I could care less what his sexual exploits are and any woman who was harrassed should have filed a complaint if they wanted to be taken seriously. But seeing how he is refusing to answer what he doesnt want to answer is a big red flag in his personality. I don not think he will be a "great comminicator and uniter" with this kind of response to intense questioning.

November 7, 2011 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  16. thomas

I hope he is nominated to the Supremo Court , He will be fare and just , we need less smart people and more can do job growers like H Cain .

November 7, 2011 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  17. phoenix86

If Allred is now involved, you know this is a bogus story and there is nothing there. She is a media hound and takes these cases to appear in the press.

November 7, 2011 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  18. petemg

If this accusation were as bad as what they say, the women would have asked for and gotten more. Look at other people who were accused of things. Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton,etc. Enough these people need to get a life. Cain and the GOP have got to get down to business to get rid of Obama. So is this Obama's idea because he wants the attention taken away from the vote. Or is it Perry because he does not want a man of color to possibly beat him out of Presidential Candidacy?

November 7, 2011 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  19. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Does this mean that the 9.99 special will be discontinued?
    How about the "Buy Herb and get a Pizza for Free" deal?

November 7, 2011 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  20. Annatala

With at least two independent Republican men now admitting they witnessed Cain sexually harassing female workers inappropriately, this guy is a politically dead man walking. He just doesn't realize it yet.

November 7, 2011 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  21. Annatala

@thomas : I hope you mean nominated to Supreme Pizza. The only Court this joker should be on is Night Court.

November 7, 2011 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  22. JimInTX

Whether or not there is any truth to the claim...Gloria Allred isn't exactly a credibility enhancer. She is a shameless publicity seeker. She will put on a show at the press conference, but that's about it.

November 7, 2011 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  23. george of the jungle

Go get him Gloria. Give me break how anyone can think this guy could be president is crazy. .

November 7, 2011 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  24. moyo okediji

Put a fork in him and let's see if the toast is ready.

November 7, 2011 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  25. dave

"Thomas and Cain could bring us back to our 1776 ideals at the same time bringing down the cost of Pizza ."

The 1% are not job creators - they are send jobs to China'ers" Who sends jobs to China -poor people or rich people

November 7, 2011 11:23 am at 11:23 am |