Washington (CNN) - The attorney for Karen Kraushaar told reporters Wednesday evening it is likely but not certain a joint press conference will proceed with at least two women who have accused Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment.
Kraushaar, who has accused Cain of sexual harassment over an incident in the 1990s, and her attorney attempted Wednesday to organize a press conference with the three women who have made accusations against Cain, but attorney Joel Bennett said so far he and Kraushaar have not made contact with the two women who are remaining anonymous.
Bennett told CNN such a press conference is "a work in progress" and said attorney Gloria Allred indicated her client, Sharon Bialek, was interested in participating.
Earlier Wednesday Kraushaar, who came forward confirming she was one of the accusers after media reports identified her, issued a statement saying while she and Bennett have not heard from the other women, "We are still hopeful that they will have the courage to come forward, but we completely understand if they choose not to."
"Anyone should be able to report allegations of sexual harassment without fear that their lives and careers will be put on public display and laid open to public scrutiny," she went on to say in the statement.
Cain has repeatedly denied committing any sexual harassment. In a statement Wednesday, Cain's spokesman J.D. Gordon said: "There have been a number of interesting revelations that the public has learned about these women over the past few days. We hope the court of public opinion will take this into consideration as these women continue to try and keep this story alive."
Bennett told CNN in an interview Wednesday his client wants to speak about the alleged incidents because "she really feels she has to give the details to make it clear that her complaint was not baseless or a fabrication as Mr. Cain has stated in his press conference."
–CNN Producer Greg Clary contributed to this story.