Warren's ad introduction
November 15th, 2011

Warren's ad introduction

(CNN) - Starting Tuesday, voters in Massachusetts will be introduced, or reintroduced to Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren through the first TV advertisement of her campaign.

The minute-long spot serves as part biography, part history-touting sales pitch for the Harvard professor who helped President Barack Obama develop the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

"It's a statewide buy that's aimed at allowing Elizabeth to tell her story and explain her fight to the people of Massachusetts," spokesman Kyle Sullivan said.

Talking into the camera, Warren chronicles her rise from humble beginnings and touts her opposition the power of Wall Street and Washington lobbyists.

"For years I worked to expose how Wall Street and the big banks are crushing middle class families. It just isn't right," Warren says in the commercial. "But Washington is still rigged for the big guys and that's got to change."

Since entering the race in September, Warren has raised millions toward her effort to capture the Democratic nomination and unseat Republican Sen. Scott Brown in the 2012 general election.

Crossroads GPS, a conservative independent group, released ads in competitive states, including Massachusetts, last week.

Top nonpartisan political handicappers Charlie Cook and Stuart Rothenberg list the race as "toss up" and "toss up/tilt Republican" respectively.

In a message Tuesday, Warren warned her supporters of the potential influence of outside groups, including Crossroads, which was co-founded by Republican strategist Karl Rove.

"With the help of friends like you, we can match them, dollar-for-dollar," Warren wrote in an email. "With your help, we can set the record straight - and show Rove and his buddies that we're not going to get pushed around."

Also see:

Newspaper editor defends Cain interview

Cain stumbles over Libya

Gloria Cain: I never believed allegations were true

Filed under: 2012 • Elizabeth Warren • Massachusetts • Scott Brown
  1. Wes B.

She really is good. She's super smart, and really just wants to help people. And, she hasn't been beaten down by the world of politics.

November 15, 2011 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  2. Elizabeth Warren

I have always admired Elizabeth Warren.

Its great to see quality, experienced people like this run for office. Her integrity would bring honor back to Massachusetts and our great nation.

November 15, 2011 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  3. Jeff from Va

Be careful how you "Expose" Wall Street and the Big Banks, they support both sides, also, It will be interesting to see how she "HIDES" her money from the "Washington Lobbyist", if she follows the president, she will be talking out of both sides of her mouth. It is easy to get up and preach about all the wrongs things in Washington, which there are plenty on both sides to go around, but when you do that you open youself up for trouble, because "ALL" of the politics in Washington is paid for by somebody.

November 15, 2011 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  4. DIANA

I'm donating to her campaign. Brown is owned by Wall Street. I'm also hoping to see her in 2016 as the first woman president. Go Elizabeth!

November 15, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  5. gt

ah yes warren .. whats wrong with american politians... a job killing would be senator.... with her ideas in never ,,never land....all would be cream ... thats not the real world.. american needs jobs...not more red tape and far left pie in the sky

November 15, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  6. 1crusader

I hope that Elizabeth Warren wins in the Massachusetts Senate race.From what I've seen and heard of her, she is the genuine article in being the champion of the average citizen; and would be the perfect person to take up the mantle that Ted Kennedy had in fighting for the under dog, and common man.

November 15, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  7. Keith in Austin

Oh PLEASE! Another Liberal Dem. from Mass. The State with the highest taxes in The Land. If elected I hope the people in that State can afford more spending. Even higher taxes to pay off big unions and more entitlements!

November 15, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  8. Rudy NYC

I used to think that Brown would win an easy re-election because MA voters are not accustomed to change. My opinion made the false assumption that Republicans would shift their ideological push for right wing social engineering. I am amazed to find that today's Republicans have doubled down on that strategy, which is *not* what the American people want. I guess their continued push means that whomever it was who first observed that "money talks" was a true prophet.

November 15, 2011 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  9. one voice

This is one smart lady,meet our first female VP in U.S.History.

November 15, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  10. Patriot Awesome

Elizabeth Warren 2016!

November 15, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  11. Dan5404

Let's hpe she is successful. She sounds like a sensible and effective answer to obstruction and regression.

November 15, 2011 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  12. Rick McDaniel

Any friend of Obama's, I oppose.

November 15, 2011 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  13. d

Go warren!! i hope the people of ma. are not fooled again by brown and rove!!!

November 15, 2011 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  14. Sniffit

Sure hope Scott Brown enjoyed his short stay in the Senate.

November 15, 2011 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  15. CenterLeftLeaning

I've seen Elizabeth Warren in the news for several years now. She is articulate, intelligent and spot on when it comes to problems our nation faces. I only wish every state in the union had an Elizabeth running for office so that other people could hear her message. This is no longer a governemtn for the people and by the people. It's a government for big business and by big business. Go Elizabeth! I don't live in Massachusetts, but if I did you'd have my vote.

November 15, 2011 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  16. Lizzie

What about org. like Moveon.org and the Unions she takes their money, but has a problem with Rove?.. What a hypocrite.

November 15, 2011 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  17. Grumpy Old Lady

The first time I heard her speak I realized there is one woman with brains.She knows her stuff and speaks about it well. I wish her luck (and wish she was in my state).

November 15, 2011 11:30 am at 11:30 am |