'Mitt Gear' discounts for Cyber Monday
November 28th, 2011

'Mitt Gear' discounts for Cyber Monday

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) - Cyber Monday lunchtime shoppers, take note: T-shirts, sweaters and zip-up hoodies from Mitt Romney's online merchandise shop are on sale.

Fans of the Republican presidential candidate can score 40% off of clothes bearing Romney's campaign slogan. Mobile subscribers to his campaign received a text message Monday offering the discount on all "Mitt Gear."

A zip-up hoodie sweatshirt with the slogan "Believe in America" was originally listed at $50, while short-sleeved T-shirts usually go for $30.

The campaign of President Barack Obama offered a similar discount on merchandise on Black Friday.

Here is the text sent out to Romney subscribers: "Today is CYBER MONDAY! As a mobile subscriber, you'll get 40% off all Mitt Gear. Use the code MITTSALE40 when you check out http://mi.tt/MittGear."

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney
  1. Debra from Georgia

This got to be another one of his flip flop. or BAIT and SWITCH METHOD.

November 28, 2011 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  2. Tony

Can we change our minds if we don't like the products?

November 28, 2011 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  3. ConservaFASCISTS/TEAliban/TEAhadists

I'm sure Willard's apparell comes in two different forms and fashion.

November 28, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  4. Kathleen Farrell

I do need some new flip-flops for those walks on the beach.

November 28, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  5. GI Joe

Will there be a special on the "magic mormom underwear?"

November 28, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  6. Namejkane

Don't want any!!! Should be free, probably made in China!!!

November 28, 2011 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  7. Emmy Skaddittle

Do they have mittens? They fit on either hand

November 28, 2011 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  8. Emmy Skaddittle

Is it a liberal conspiracy? they put the period at the end of mitts link but embedded Obama's, so the only link you can click on is Obamas

November 28, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  9. Richard

Just a chip off the ole profit ( prophet) Joe Smith, jr–wasn't he at one time a Snake Oil huckster?

November 28, 2011 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  10. Rudy NYC

I wonder if they are selling copies of the Natalie Wood movie "Penelope". Her co-star, Ian Bannen, who played her husband is a dead ringer for Mitt Romney. The look alike, talk and sound alike, and the character is even the rich president of a bank. It is almost as if Mitt Romney has modeled his public persona on this character. Google "Ian Bannen". It's Mitt Romney.

November 28, 2011 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  11. Dave Harris

I'll bet you can get a nice pair of flip-flops here.

November 28, 2011 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  12. Jariv

Got my Sweater !!! great one for 30 bucks.

November 28, 2011 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  13. Sandy

November 28, 2011 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  14. Justme

Y'all are really funny, but I personally don't mind if my government leaders are willing to change their positions (note I did not say opinions as gov leaders need to keep their personal opinions out of politics) when things don't work as first planned. But then I guess I'm talking to a lot of people who still thing "wife beater" t-shirts are fashionable!

November 28, 2011 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  15. beevee

I am not buying any Mitt gear because it does'nt fit me. What a joker trying to get money from poor voters.

November 28, 2011 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  16. Fair is Fair

"Remember all the Republicans talking smack about the President when his site had things on sale, saying he was just bilking the public? I wonder what they think about this? Crickets.............."
    ------–
    Remember all the democrats who were all excited and bragged that they went and bought some of Obama's junk from the same article? At least most republicans don't fall for these schemes...

November 28, 2011 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  17. Thomas

I can't wait to get the new Mitt Romney video game " Band of Brothers" .

It's great to know Mitts five sons did there tour of duty on an interactive video game .

November 28, 2011 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  18. Rudy NYC

Emmy Skaddittle wrote:

----------–
    I will give you benefit of the doubt, and that you are not stupid. This is how lies get out. The "Obama link" in the article that you are referring to is a link to another article that describes what Obama's web site had done on Black Friday. I need to point out that the linked article does not provide a link to Obama's web site, nor does it spell out the web address as this one does for Romney.

Using your logic, this is actually a conservative conservative conspiracy.

November 28, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  19. Rudy NYC

Jariv wrote:

Got my Sweater !!! great one for 30 bucks.
    -----------–
    Was it "Made in the U.S.A."? I doubt it. At that price it should be. If not, then you got ripped off. Will it be shipped by the USPS? I would doubt that, too.

November 28, 2011 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  20. fred ca

Just trying to keep up with the chosen one who had a give $1 and get back $30 of taxpayer money over the week-end.

November 28, 2011 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  21. Rudy NYC

Fair is Fair wrote:
    -------------
    Oh, yes, they do fall for those schemes. Just look at all of the books conservative ideologues sell. Look at the GOP field. You were just kidding us, right? Conservatives are always selling books and conservatives buy them in droves.

November 28, 2011 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  22. Seattle Sue

I wouldn't want any Mitt Gear even if it was free and postage paid.

November 28, 2011 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  23. Peace

This millionaire (Romney) wants to milk a he-cow in this bad economy. Why can't he give them away free of charge. He won't feel any pinch in his pocket.

November 28, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  24. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Mittens must have the Chinese garment industry working overtime, with no additional benefits of course.

November 28, 2011 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |