Romney releases second ad in N.H.
November 30th, 2011

Romney releases second ad in N.H.

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) - Mitt Romney is releasing a second ad in New Hampshire, and it's likely to be less controversial than his first.

The television spot features Romney speaking at a CNN debate about his business credentials and his plan to cut federal spending.

"I spent my life in the private sector," said Romney. "I've competed with companies around the world. I've learned something about how it is that economies grow."

The video is interspersed with black and white photos of Romney on the stump and meeting voters. One photo shows Romney speaking at the rally where he was endorsed by New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte earlier this month.

In the ad Romney proposes "cutting spending, capping federal spending as a percentage of GDP at 20% or less, and having a balanced budget amendment."

National Journal reported the campaign will spend $85,535 to air the spot New Hampshire news station WMUR, and said it would run Dec. 1-6.

Romney is still answering questions about his first television ad, which outraged Democrats by quoting President Barack Obama out of context.

The advertisement showed Obama campaigning in 2008 saying: "If we keep talking about the economy, we're going to lose."

Obama was quoting his then-opponent, Sen. John McCain.

Romney's campaign has defended the ad.

"Now, the tables have turned - President Obama is doing exactly what candidate Obama criticized," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul. "President Obama and his team don't want to talk about the economy and have tried to distract voters from his abysmal economic record."

Filed under: 2012 • Ads • Mitt Romney
  1. Debbie

Flip, flop, flipper, GWBush,Cheney,Rove backed Romney's America is the love of $$ as in corporate greed and worshiping the golden calf. No thanks.

November 30, 2011 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  2. edog

This Guy will never be President! The American people know that it was Wall Street, Private Equity Firms, Hedge Funds, and The Shadowy 1% that got us in this economic mess. Will the same 1% continue to prosper, the 99% continue to get pinched!!! Romney's touting his "Business" Experience at BAINS CAPITAL!!! The same Wall Street that got us in this mess. Putting Mit in the White House is putting Wall Street in the White House. If any blue collar worker votes for this guy, you deserve what you get!!

November 30, 2011 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  3. Sniffit

""I spent my life in the private sector," "

THis can be played one of two ways:

1. Yes, destroying homes and families by laying off hard working people in order to turn a profit for Bain. OR

2. No, you've spent the past 12 years as a "career candidate" trying to use your considerabel fortune to get yourself into power and secure a place in the history books.

Decisions, decisions....

November 30, 2011 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  4. JT

This is the only candidate that beat Obama, those that vote for Gingrich in the primary, are essentially voting for Obama in the general.

November 30, 2011 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  5. GOP TeaParty Clown Car Last Men Standing...Myth the Flip Flopper vs. Newt the "Family Values" Bumble Bee

this guy Myth is giving Flip Flops a bad name!!!!

November 30, 2011 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  6. Mikey

"I spent my life in the private sector,"
    ************************************
    I guess he's not counting his stint as Governor of Massachusetts. I guess that doesn't play well to the red-meat crowd.

November 30, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  7. Rudy NYC

How many times does he mention "middle class" and "jobs"? Compare that too= how many times does he mention "companies", "invest", "growth" and cutting costs. Cutting costs, like jobs. It would never occur to him that his salary as a CEO was itself the job killing, profit-leaching problem.

November 30, 2011 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  8. one voice

Mitt (I sent millions of jobs American oversees) Romney is nothing more than a shill for his Corporate Masters. You want the middle class to totally disapear, then vote for Mittens

November 30, 2011 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  9. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

==============================================================================================
    Boo, hoo, hoo.... Don't you just hate it when your own words come back to bite you in the back side??? Maybe if Obama didn't shoot his mouth off so much there wouldn't be so much material out there for his opponents to use? I have a feeling there are going to be MANY MORE commercials like this in the coming months so he'd better suck it up and stop whining.

November 30, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  10. Lynda/Minnesota

Oh, look! Willard's giving the upper crust a "unicorns and rainbow" ad to sink their teeth into. How quaint. Problem is Romney, that whole world competition experience you speak so fondly off ... well, unless millions of us intend on moving to China, we probably won't be experiencing the "how economies grow" scenario you're promoting any time soon. Well, not here in America, anyway.

November 30, 2011 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  11. Indy

Too bad Romney did not believe in America when he sent companies and jobs out of America, and made a good enough living at it it to run for POTUS for six straight years

November 30, 2011 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  12. stevie

Romney,s ads should be easy to come up with. Obama`s failure has been so horrendous that you just couldn`t make the stuff up.

November 30, 2011 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  13. Jariv

Romney 2012 !!!

November 30, 2011 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  14. ST

I've learned something about how it is that economies grow." said Romney.
    Does this man understands that the economy of then is not the same as of present times. Even if Bill Clinton is voted in back to the White House now, the economy will still go further south.

November 30, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  15. Rudy NYC

somebody wrote:
    ------------
    Welcome back. Now duck.

The ad itself will be pulled before the end of the week. Why do you think they rolled out a new one so fast? Ads are expensive to produce. I am sure they would rather get as much mileage out of each one as they can. Polling is starting to show that people are seeing the ad and are comparing it to the counter-ad exposing the actual context, and they are left with the impression that Gov. Romney is a fraud who tried to deceive them.

November 30, 2011 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  16. bill tomlinson

This is an odd looking ad. Is it just me or does it have a Mormon or Aimish look?

November 30, 2011 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  17. Republican who supports President Obama

I just made another donation to our President's re-election campaign. The GOP is a mess and have not proved to me that they are willing to work for the average citizen.

@ Stevie – if you get past the curtain pulled over your eyes and see that the GOP has spent the past 3 years working quite hard at underminine this President. The people to blame if you think things are horrendous is the GOP. If they decided to work with the Dems instead of obstructing EVERYTHING we would be in a better position right now. This is not what I voted for and they should be shown the door.

@ Indy – so true. He needs to face a hostile townhall and face some heat for the flip-flops and his involvement in shipping jobs OUT of this country. [and to think people like him more than our President - really? why?]

November 30, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  18. diridi

I also shipped USA Jobs overseas., My Greed knows no bounds, I back up Pakistan, I back Trickle down, Wars with Iran this time, how about this, I get bribe from Insurance, and Pharmacy guys, Hospital guys....ha...I am not for Middle Class America, I am for Corporate rich, etc,

November 30, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  19. BeverlyNC

His business credentials are to work for the protection of Wall St and to have a business that bought companies, broke them apart, laid off half the workers, and destroyed their lives for profit. He destroyed companies as his business. He owns 5 houses, has been a child of entitlememt his whole life, and does not have a clue how real people live or what we need – nor does he care. Mitt- you make plastic look bad you are so fake.

November 30, 2011 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  20. Jariv

People ! Middle class wont disappear and jobs wont go to china. He is telling you what he is going to do and bring success to this country. Most if not all will agree that he has done his job and has been successful at what ever position he has held. So, if he becomes president, you can expect more of the same. Which is a SUCCESS for the United States. He seems fake because that is just the type of person he is. He is one of those geeks, neat freaks and does things without noticing he is doing it.

November 30, 2011 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  21. Norm

Oh Mitt.....
    You should drop out of politics.
    Mormons are good, honest, people of God.
    There's no such thing as a politician with those credentials.
    I'm afraid you're going to find it difficult to go to where ever you think the after life is if you keep getting your hands dirty with this election.

November 30, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  22. Darrell

Democrat Class Warfare – Destroying the economy, destroying the country....

Yet you, like Mitt, actually, believe Obama's words were not taken out context. It is so obvious you are not a rocket scientist or an intelligent, independent thinker/observer of the truth.

Just about every credible news organization showed how Mitt's first ad lied and took Obama's words out of complete context. Yet, you still have the never to repeat the lie.

Oh, I get it the news program you watch, Fox News, never presents false information. So, you are justified in continuing the lie like they do.

By the way, I have some cheap land in AZ for sale, no lie, are you interested?

November 30, 2011 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  23. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

"I spent my life in the private sector firing American workers"

FIFY, Mittens.

November 30, 2011 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  24. The Greedy Old Pigs are neocon deathcult losers

"Don't you just hate it when your own words come back to bite you in the back side??? "

And for today's Completely Unclear on the Concept Award, we have a winner!

November 30, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  25. Sniffit

"I have a feeling there are going to be MANY MORE commercials like this in the coming months "

I certainly hope so. Mittens didnt' do himself any favors pretending that Obama quorting a McCain advisor was actually Obama just sayign something himself. BTW, Mittens going on Faux Noise last night and complaining about DNC ads taking things Mittens actually said himself, that were not Mittens quoting someone else but were actually his own words...complaining that they were "taken out of context" and denying up and down that he has engaged in any flip-floppery...that's not doing him any favors either.

November 30, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |