Bachmann names V.P. picks
December 1st, 2011

Bachmann names V.P. picks

(CNN) - She may not be topping polls as a Republican presidential candidate, but Rep. Michele Bachmann has already put some thought into who she might select as her running mate or appoint to her cabinet.

Bachmann threw out a few names Wednesday when asked who her potential vice-president would be, including fellow candidate Rick Santorum, businessman and reality television host Donald Trump, and influential GOP senators Jim DeMint of South Carolina and Marco Rubio of Florida.

The congresswoman from Minnesota also floated Santorum as a potential attorney general, saying his legal acumen was top notch.

"I think that Rick Santorum is a wonderful man personally, but also, I think that he's very gifted when it comes to the area of legal issues," Bachmann said on the Fox News program "On the Record w/ Greta van Susteren."

"I think I could see him as an attorney general. I think he'd do a great job. I haven't talked to Rick about that, but I think he'd be wonderful, or another cabinet position."

Bachmann also said Santorum would be on her list of potential running mates, should she win the Republican presidential nomination. Other names on her list?

"We've got a lot of wonderful candidates who would fit that bill," Bachmann said. "Easily comes to mind I think would be Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina. Marco Rubio of Florida certainly would be in that category. There's a lot of great people out there. And Donald Trump is someone that I think a lot of people would be intrigued with, too."

Bachmann has met with Trump four times during her campaign, last meeting with the mogul in mid-November at the Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan.

Also see:

Gingrich: Race will come down to 'Newt and Not-Newt'

Romney: Obama will 'cower' from debating his record

Romney and Gingrich take gloves off

Gingrich embraces 'lifelong politician' label

Filed under: 2012 • 2012 VP Pick • Donald Trump • Michele Bachmann • Rick Santorum
  1. give peace a chance

Stick a fork in, she's done.

December 1, 2011 07:48 am at 7:48 am |
  2. Tam

There was that lovely Everly Brothers song, "Dreeeeeeam, dream, dream, dreeeeeam...."

December 1, 2011 07:53 am at 7:53 am |
  3. bassman

Our media do not miss a chance to highlight Bachmann's gaffes. But when Pres. Obama calls the British Embassy, the English Embassy they are silent.

December 1, 2011 07:56 am at 7:56 am |
  4. John

Don't you just like It , here Michele Bachmann Is think about picking her running mate. Don't you think you should win First. And that a real long shot.

December 1, 2011 07:56 am at 7:56 am |
  5. Ken

Thankfully, this person will never have the opportunity to make her looney tunes idea a reality. Her, in any position of real authority would be a disaster for this country. I can't understand why republicans are so intent on destroying this country. Notice how they only talk about the things that they plan to repeal or dismantle and never talk about how they would invest for the future of our country.

December 1, 2011 08:04 am at 8:04 am |
  6. 2607

God help us if this women becomes president...

December 1, 2011 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  7. Jeannie

She's dillusional and funny. Not mention dangerous.

December 1, 2011 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  8. Sadie Boyd

She is so hilarious, I love it when there is a story on her. Donald Trump! I almost fell out of my chair with laughter. It is great to wake up in our country where any bozo can have their fifteen minutes...

December 1, 2011 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  9. Joshua Ludd

Yes, she certainly floated Santorum for her possible picks.

December 1, 2011 08:14 am at 8:14 am |
  10. s

LOL now that I got back on my chair, Vice President of what!!! Moron Patrol!!! she really needs to pray the stupid away.

December 1, 2011 08:15 am at 8:15 am |
  11. nintex

Bachmann is like the Chatty Kathy doll – pull her string and she says the same thing over and over: "Repeal Obama Care!" In her mind, she's going to do that on the first day of her administration; what does she plan to do during the next four years (you know, stuff like the economy, immigration, foreign policy. . . .) Who is going to represent the vast majority of the people of this country who aren/t teaparty nutbags? Dream on, Michele.

And Bachmann/ Trump????? GAG!!!!

December 1, 2011 08:16 am at 8:16 am |
  12. Pastramiman

This woman is off kilter.

December 1, 2011 08:17 am at 8:17 am |
  13. wgf

Maybe I should announce who is going to accompany me next year on my space trip to Neptune.

December 1, 2011 08:19 am at 8:19 am |
  14. Roger

Joe the Plumber!

December 1, 2011 08:19 am at 8:19 am |
  15. Jimbo

No doubt each of her prospective running mates would be absolutley "thrilled" to be associated with her campaign. More great material for Saturday Night Live...!

December 1, 2011 08:20 am at 8:20 am |
  16. ptown

imaginary VP picks for her imaginary presidential run. Must be those migraines making her think she can win...

December 1, 2011 08:20 am at 8:20 am |
  17. ziegfeldf

Dream on...

GO AWAY!

December 1, 2011 08:23 am at 8:23 am |
  18. TechDan

Hah. When I saw the story, I thought "This should be amusing." Bachmann, you did not disappoint.

December 1, 2011 08:25 am at 8:25 am |
  19. Chris

Oh, please. Bachmann's candidacy, let alone a Bachmann/Trump ticket with Santorum as potential AG has such little chance of going anywhere that everyone who comments on this thread should also name his/her VP picks. They have the same chance of coming to fruition.

Personally, I have my list of VP choices to Vladimir Putin, Margaret Thatcher, and un-reality TV star Kermit the Frog.

December 1, 2011 08:26 am at 8:26 am |
  20. Al-NY,NY

Keep dreaming Michele. Not one of those people would do anything for your campaign. Even g#d himself wouldn't give you a chance

December 1, 2011 08:26 am at 8:26 am |
  21. ST

This woman makes me laugh a lot. Thinking about VPs while herself is polling below the required level! Sometimes we say things to please ourselves but not in a reality way.

December 1, 2011 08:27 am at 8:27 am |
  22. AlaskaPalin

Wonder titanium woman. She is the stuff presidents are made of. Do not underestimate the power of this woman or do so at your own peril. She understands what pains women are feeling during this obamas economy. As president come 2013 she'll change; adjust and build out of the rubble of obamas economy a more prosperous future for all. Visionary on her vp choices!

December 1, 2011 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  23. Vince

Vice President Donald Trump? Oh Michele....don't you listen to those people telling you to drop out. You go right to the finish line. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you, Uncle Perry, and Grandpa Paul to make me giggle everyday with what comes out of your mouth. I can't wait to see what you say next!

December 1, 2011 08:33 am at 8:33 am |
  24. LovesIrony

Only because Moe, Larry, and Curly have all passed away.

December 1, 2011 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  25. once upon a horse

from looking at her choices thank GOD she won't have a chance to make them.

December 1, 2011 08:36 am at 8:36 am |