Bachmann names V.P. picks
December 1st, 2011

Bachmann names V.P. picks

(CNN) - She may not be topping polls as a Republican presidential candidate, but Rep. Michele Bachmann has already put some thought into who she might select as her running mate or appoint to her cabinet.

Bachmann threw out a few names Wednesday when asked who her potential vice-president would be, including fellow candidate Rick Santorum, businessman and reality television host Donald Trump, and influential GOP senators Jim DeMint of South Carolina and Marco Rubio of Florida.

The congresswoman from Minnesota also floated Santorum as a potential attorney general, saying his legal acumen was top notch.

"I think that Rick Santorum is a wonderful man personally, but also, I think that he's very gifted when it comes to the area of legal issues," Bachmann said on the Fox News program "On the Record w/ Greta van Susteren."

"I think I could see him as an attorney general. I think he'd do a great job. I haven't talked to Rick about that, but I think he'd be wonderful, or another cabinet position."

Bachmann also said Santorum would be on her list of potential running mates, should she win the Republican presidential nomination. Other names on her list?

"We've got a lot of wonderful candidates who would fit that bill," Bachmann said. "Easily comes to mind I think would be Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina. Marco Rubio of Florida certainly would be in that category. There's a lot of great people out there. And Donald Trump is someone that I think a lot of people would be intrigued with, too."

Bachmann has met with Trump four times during her campaign, last meeting with the mogul in mid-November at the Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan.

Also see:

Gingrich: Race will come down to 'Newt and Not-Newt'

Romney: Obama will 'cower' from debating his record

Romney and Gingrich take gloves off

Gingrich embraces 'lifelong politician' label

Filed under: 2012 • 2012 VP Pick • Donald Trump • Michele Bachmann • Rick Santorum
  1. Lisa

Like Trump would ever be a VP. Oh, does this mean she does have a sense of humor?

December 1, 2011 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  2. Maryann - Orlando FL

This woman is SO delusional that she thinks Donald 'The Ego' Trump would be subservient to a woman? He only wants women he can fire or put in a beauty pageant.

December 1, 2011 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  3. Tam

Dumb and dumber? Delusional? Below the bottom of the barrel? God help America if she thinks she's getting anywhere!

December 1, 2011 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  4. Arun

Can someone please tell me what this woman has been freebasing on?? Lets see, 1. She thinks she will be president, um WRONG!!; 2. She thinks she's married to a straight man, um WRONG!!; 3. She thinks the Donald would be a good running mate, um WRONG!! Please Michelle, go back to you family farm, which is being subsidised by taxpayer money. You know, the thing you and your party are all against. Oh yeah, just like family values. See Newt and Herman on this!!

December 1, 2011 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  5. M.Rose

Bachman and Trump. bhahahahahaha. I hope it happens and then see the two of them in a debate with Obama/Biden. That would be a high comedy day, for sure. I need a good laugh.

December 1, 2011 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  6. Noodle Nose Johnson

Crazy Lady/Birther Boy 2012!!

December 1, 2011 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  7. Angy

what are the losers club of America? this woman is delusional. what world is she living in? Really? her as potus and donald the bankruptcy king as her vp. LOL!!!!

December 1, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  8. Flint Rock

One must go to great efforts to make sure that the VP does not show up the Prez.
    Thats why Mickey Mouse is off the list.

December 1, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  9. Terry

Add another clown to the side show. This is so embarassing for the USA. Surley this is not the best we can do.

December 1, 2011 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  10. GOP = Greed Over People

I am actually beginning to feel a little bit sorry for the GOP!

Surely, the list of nominees is embarrassing enough without this flake adding to the lunacy!

December 1, 2011 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  11. Adevilson Silva

Dear Santa,

I've been a god boy. Please give me Bachmann/Trump. This would be the most laughable, funny gift ever!

December 1, 2011 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  12. Applepious

Do the republicans not see just how stupid Trump makes the party look? He acted like a complete fool for months over the birth certificate which Obama was holding onto just to make all the birthers look like stooges when he finally released it and Trump walked right into that bear trap and still to this day doesn't realise that its still on his leg and he should get to gnawing the leg off.

December 1, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  13. Jer

God spoke to me in a vision and told me I should run for president. I said, "But God, didn't you also tell Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry to run?" He answered, "Yes I did. I want Obama to win."

December 1, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  14. Buster Bloodvessel

If I were president, I'd make her the Ambassador to You Becky Becky Stan Stan as soon as we figure out where it is.

December 1, 2011 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  15. Rationalintn

Michelle said Santorum is on her list. Good for Michelle, it's nice when a politician admits to being a fan of santorum.

December 1, 2011 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  16. Da Professor

Hey Bachmann, have you found those death panels yet? The Dems are all hoping that she is the GOP candidate!.

December 1, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  17. Smokey

I think the other candidates should put forward a shortlist of VP candidates as well. Romney-Huckabee, anyone?

December 1, 2011 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  18. Grand Ole Posers

LOL – I didn't think Republican voters would take kindly to a female presidential candidate.

Heck, votin' is for the men folk in the GOP!! ;)

December 1, 2011 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  19. Reasonably

This is fun. Too bad Pain's to greedy to get involved. Bachman-Palin 2012! You can almost hear the circus music!

December 1, 2011 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  20. lefty avenger

This Bachmann Trump Overdrive is toast.

December 1, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  21. petena

I'm so disapointed. I was looking forward to a Bachman/Palin ticket. This is an election for the best political comedians, right?

December 1, 2011 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  22. CP

This woman is seriously deluded.

December 1, 2011 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  23. Babe

This Bachmann-Trump duo is not fit to be elected to run a school student council. They make McCain-Palin half-palatable (really, only half since Bachman and Palin are like dumb and dumber). And yet all of these people know how to play the system for their own narcissistic enrichment. Stop writing about them, and they might go back into their holes.

December 1, 2011 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  24. Socialism

The only thing funnier is picking Joe Biden to be your Vice President!

December 1, 2011 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  25. m

Thankfully we won't need to worry about this happening.

December 1, 2011 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |