Bachmann names V.P. picks
December 1st, 2011

Bachmann names V.P. picks

(CNN) - She may not be topping polls as a Republican presidential candidate, but Rep. Michele Bachmann has already put some thought into who she might select as her running mate or appoint to her cabinet.

Bachmann threw out a few names Wednesday when asked who her potential vice-president would be, including fellow candidate Rick Santorum, businessman and reality television host Donald Trump, and influential GOP senators Jim DeMint of South Carolina and Marco Rubio of Florida.

The congresswoman from Minnesota also floated Santorum as a potential attorney general, saying his legal acumen was top notch.

"I think that Rick Santorum is a wonderful man personally, but also, I think that he's very gifted when it comes to the area of legal issues," Bachmann said on the Fox News program "On the Record w/ Greta van Susteren."

"I think I could see him as an attorney general. I think he'd do a great job. I haven't talked to Rick about that, but I think he'd be wonderful, or another cabinet position."

Bachmann also said Santorum would be on her list of potential running mates, should she win the Republican presidential nomination. Other names on her list?

"We've got a lot of wonderful candidates who would fit that bill," Bachmann said. "Easily comes to mind I think would be Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina. Marco Rubio of Florida certainly would be in that category. There's a lot of great people out there. And Donald Trump is someone that I think a lot of people would be intrigued with, too."

Bachmann has met with Trump four times during her campaign, last meeting with the mogul in mid-November at the Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan.

Also see:

Gingrich: Race will come down to 'Newt and Not-Newt'

Romney: Obama will 'cower' from debating his record

Romney and Gingrich take gloves off

Gingrich embraces 'lifelong politician' label

Filed under: 2012 • 2012 VP Pick • Donald Trump • Michele Bachmann • Rick Santorum
  1. Ken in MD

This is a joke, right? She has as much chance of becoming President as I do. Oooh, I guess I'd better start thinking about VP choices then...

December 1, 2011 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  2. Spike

Bachman/Santorum? God help us.

December 1, 2011 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  3. NH Grandma

Please don't waste more articles on this looney tune.

December 1, 2011 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  4. MaryM

Is Bachmann REALLY that delusional?

December 1, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  5. Jonny

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

December 1, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  6. Nevis

Shelly is delusional!

December 1, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  7. paul

Trying to get back into the news? Trump won't take the second seat from anybody. Better go for Sarah Palin or Joe the Plumber as your v.p.

December 1, 2011 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  8. pastmorm

This woman isn't even in the top percentage and she's picking a running mate? Just like Palin she's going to get her last gasp in for us all to look at her. Just ignore her and she and her insane husband will go away.

December 1, 2011 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  9. Patrick

Don't you have to have a chance of winning the nomination before naming running mates? Bachmann is talking about "The Wig", being her VP Running mate, while the Newtered One is looking for his endorecement...

December 1, 2011 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  10. Bill

I think she should pick me for VP since I wont have to worry about the campaign and she wont either.

December 1, 2011 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  11. Madtown

Bachmann/Trump? In the name of comedy, I hope this happens!

December 1, 2011 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  12. Mark

She lives in a dream world.

December 1, 2011 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  13. nick2

Bachmann and Trump = a match made in heaven – ignorance and brash glittery swagger. Sounds like a real win win strategy!

December 1, 2011 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  14. Bob

And she wonders why no one takes her seriously.

December 1, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  15. Edward

Donald Trump as VP? Bachmann is too much.

December 1, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  16. Old Guy

wow, stick a fork in her she is done

December 1, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  17. mike

Lets see if you have two people who are the same we call them twins if they are twins politically like Bachmann and Trump then we must have "twidiots"

December 1, 2011 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  18. encore

Batman she is in dream land to think that she can be potus wake up u bimbo u dreaming or will someone slap her into reality

December 1, 2011 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  19. bob

nice fantasy, michelle. now back to reality.

December 1, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  20. Bored

Usually, rats leave the sinking ship. Here we have the "hair dudes", Barbie and Donald the CaveHair, cling to each other in the delusion their gods will come up with a mirracle (Barbie is into the non-gay, capitalist version of Jesus and Don is simply worshipping the $$$g$$o$$d$$$). They must be into some strange kind of election for a kingdom or a fifedom, because in a democracy "votes" and support do the math. By that measure both have none whatsoever, see the polls. Each had their 5 minutes of "hair time", and they were found to be lightweight. But maybe they could do the Dumb and Dumber sequel #5 or so? A great pair they would be.

December 1, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  21. Can't Stop Laughing

haaaa haah ahhahaha. Haaaa, hhaaaa, chuckle, chuckle. ROTFL. hahah ahah. Sure! Yes sir ree bob! hahaa hahah.

December 1, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  22. Kim from Pittsburgh

I didn't know today was the day we were supposed to name possible VP picks if we became President! OK, mine are my dentist (because I want a discount), my plumber (same reason)...and Donald Trump (I feel like he could get me free rooms at the casino).

December 1, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  23. Michael

PLEASE GIVE IT UP !!!! You are a MORON like all the rest of the GOP wannabees. Get a life and pray your way to reality......

December 1, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  24. TPF

That backwards for sure! Plus she'll never ever get that chance.

December 1, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  25. Shinga

If Bachmann and Trump are the best that we can get to run our country....I'm leaving.

December 1, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |