Bachmann names V.P. picks
December 1st, 2011

Bachmann names V.P. picks

(CNN) - She may not be topping polls as a Republican presidential candidate, but Rep. Michele Bachmann has already put some thought into who she might select as her running mate or appoint to her cabinet.

Bachmann threw out a few names Wednesday when asked who her potential vice-president would be, including fellow candidate Rick Santorum, businessman and reality television host Donald Trump, and influential GOP senators Jim DeMint of South Carolina and Marco Rubio of Florida.

The congresswoman from Minnesota also floated Santorum as a potential attorney general, saying his legal acumen was top notch.

"I think that Rick Santorum is a wonderful man personally, but also, I think that he's very gifted when it comes to the area of legal issues," Bachmann said on the Fox News program "On the Record w/ Greta van Susteren."

"I think I could see him as an attorney general. I think he'd do a great job. I haven't talked to Rick about that, but I think he'd be wonderful, or another cabinet position."

Bachmann also said Santorum would be on her list of potential running mates, should she win the Republican presidential nomination. Other names on her list?

"We've got a lot of wonderful candidates who would fit that bill," Bachmann said. "Easily comes to mind I think would be Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina. Marco Rubio of Florida certainly would be in that category. There's a lot of great people out there. And Donald Trump is someone that I think a lot of people would be intrigued with, too."

Bachmann has met with Trump four times during her campaign, last meeting with the mogul in mid-November at the Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan.

Also see:

Gingrich: Race will come down to 'Newt and Not-Newt'

Romney: Obama will 'cower' from debating his record

Romney and Gingrich take gloves off

Gingrich embraces 'lifelong politician' label

Filed under: 2012 • 2012 VP Pick • Donald Trump • Michele Bachmann • Rick Santorum
  1. JoJo

What an active fantasy world she lives in !

December 1, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  2. REALLY?

Has Donald Trump become the next Grover Norquist? Seems to be for all of these candidates. This scares the wits out of me. WOW. First this story and now Newt is on his way to pay homage to Trump the Chump. WOW.

December 1, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  3. Jack

Oh please, Lord, let it be Bachmann-Trump. I know I'm an unworthy Democrat but please do this favor for me/us.

December 1, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  4. JT

But she'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow!

December 1, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  5. Goptfascists Nationalists Party - radical "regressive" bigoted intolerant fanaticism screwing the USA

Backmann is fishing for media attention, sorry bat-lady – wrong bait.

December 1, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  6. GSW Minnesota

Michelle Baby is delusional.

December 1, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  7. Ron

Bachmann has about as much chance of becoming President as I do. Shut up and go away, Bachmann, you shrill-voiced harpy–America doesn't need you regressives holding us back any more than you already have.

December 1, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  8. Sid Prejean

Bachman-Trump, Bachman-DeMint, Bachman-Santorum. And some people say there is no God.

December 1, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  9. Joyce Neal

Has anyone informed her that she is not going to get the GOP nod???

December 1, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  10. ART

Its just a fantasy, its not the real thing.If it makes you feel better Michelle go ahead and dream

December 1, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  11. WireweirdinSF

She must be destroyed, demeaned and degraded. She is a Republican woman, so all of you drug addicts can say anything about her with no fear of condemnation by the mainstream media. Who does she think she is trying to take the presidency away from the most incompetent, inept, corrupt, union toady president the liberals ever stole an election for.

December 1, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  12. scmom

Is she in a parallel universe?

December 1, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  13. fayse

Santorum, DeMint, Trump and Rubio? God help us! Three Tea Partiers and a businessman whose specialty is bankruptcy. Bachmann is an idiot.

December 1, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  14. Ronbo

It is astounding and sad that anyone considered her remotely capable of being President of the United States. I can understand people agreeing with her views, and liking the things she has to say. But that doesn't make you ready for the biggest job in the world. This isn't a high school popularity contest.

December 1, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  15. realitybites

Aww, how cute. The queen of delusional denial is now picking a running mate for her obvious rise to the whitehouse. I don't get it. Howcome no one picks the evil Satanspawn puppet master Grover Norquist to run w/ them?

December 1, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  16. Sad Times...

I keep expecting a hidden camera show to jump out and say I've been punked... this can't be real life.

December 1, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  17. Bob Lees

Do people actually get any dumber than this woman? "I'd close the embassy in Iran".... she sits on the House Intelligence Panel. This alone should give anyone considering the GOP serious pause.

December 1, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  18. Tom

Good gawd, Bachmann is nuttier than a fruitcake!

December 1, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  19. Buster Bloodvessel

I would be really energized by a Bachmann/Trump ticket, because I'd like to see the president easily re-elected and this would do it.

December 1, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  20. jarhead

Why not join the Perry/arpaio circus?

December 1, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  21. Robert

Will never happen. What kind of ego does this woman have? She's insane; completely insane.

December 1, 2011 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  22. TXJim

She's BSC and last in the polls. Who cares about this Jesus freak?

December 1, 2011 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  23. gg

follow the yellow brick road,follow the yellow brick road----------

December 1, 2011 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  24. Ray

Michelle: "And as long as I am wishing, I want a pony too."

December 1, 2011 09:55 am at 9:55 am |