Bachmann names V.P. picks
December 1st, 2011

Bachmann names V.P. picks

(CNN) - She may not be topping polls as a Republican presidential candidate, but Rep. Michele Bachmann has already put some thought into who she might select as her running mate or appoint to her cabinet.

Bachmann threw out a few names Wednesday when asked who her potential vice-president would be, including fellow candidate Rick Santorum, businessman and reality television host Donald Trump, and influential GOP senators Jim DeMint of South Carolina and Marco Rubio of Florida.

The congresswoman from Minnesota also floated Santorum as a potential attorney general, saying his legal acumen was top notch.

"I think that Rick Santorum is a wonderful man personally, but also, I think that he's very gifted when it comes to the area of legal issues," Bachmann said on the Fox News program "On the Record w/ Greta van Susteren."

"I think I could see him as an attorney general. I think he'd do a great job. I haven't talked to Rick about that, but I think he'd be wonderful, or another cabinet position."

Bachmann also said Santorum would be on her list of potential running mates, should she win the Republican presidential nomination. Other names on her list?

"We've got a lot of wonderful candidates who would fit that bill," Bachmann said. "Easily comes to mind I think would be Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina. Marco Rubio of Florida certainly would be in that category. There's a lot of great people out there. And Donald Trump is someone that I think a lot of people would be intrigued with, too."

Bachmann has met with Trump four times during her campaign, last meeting with the mogul in mid-November at the Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan.

Also see:

Gingrich: Race will come down to 'Newt and Not-Newt'

Romney: Obama will 'cower' from debating his record

Romney and Gingrich take gloves off

Gingrich embraces 'lifelong politician' label

Filed under: 2012 • 2012 VP Pick • Donald Trump • Michele Bachmann • Rick Santorum
  1. justaguy

She would seriously consider Trump as a VP pick? Yet another reason to dismiss her. She's still not thinking clearly.

December 1, 2011 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  2. Kerri

Did I miss the convention? Was Bachmann win the nomiation?!? Did the 2012 PRESISDENTIAL ELECTION HAPPEN?!? Did she win the election??!?!?!? Does she posses a time machine??? The [kindest] expression that comes to mind is: YOU ARE PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE, Michele. May ALL your wishes NOT come true in the New Year - then I'LL have a good year.

December 1, 2011 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  3. SteveK77536

What comes to mind is the 1967 movie "The Dirty Dozen", where IQ-deficient Private Pinkley gets "volunteered" to be a General. At least he had the good sense to say "I'd rather be a civilian, sir."

December 1, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  4. SoSad

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Let's Dumb and Dumber for the number one and two spot, yeah right!

December 1, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  5. Karl Jonas

Bachmann-Trump. Bring it on!

Obama-Biden 2012.

December 1, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  6. cigarman

I wish that she would stop. My belly is aching from laughing. She is a Bigger joke than the rest of those Circus Clowns.

December 1, 2011 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  7. Mg

Someone should wake her up, she must be asleep and dreaming to be even discussing a running mate or cabinet!

December 1, 2011 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  8. margo

Bachmann/Trump? Oh, please, please, please... **Chortles with glee**

December 1, 2011 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  9. Time to Think

Sorry, Michelle. At the GOP primaries I will be voting for Curly and Mo. They make a lot more sense than everyone else vying for the GOP ticket. Huntsman is normal, but GOP rejects normal. So maybe my support for Curly and Mo might give the GOP a new flavor of the month. If so, it will be a vast improvement on current options.

December 1, 2011 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  10. lineman

Bachmann picking potential VP candidates is just silly. One thing that is absolutly nesessary for her campaign is to make sure she watches the camera angles and lighting in every public appearance. This campaign must be putting a lot of stress on her or maybe its just natural ageing but she is looking older all the time.

December 1, 2011 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  11. Jay

Wait, hold on....This moron is thinking of VP picks, when Bugs Bunny has a better shot at winning the White House than Her.....wow, what drug is she on.

December 1, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  12. rad666

No Sarah Palin on the list?

December 1, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  13. joe

Wow, talk about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic....

December 1, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  14. rightthewrong

Michele Bachmann and Donald Trump. Recipe for success.

"Easily comes to mind I think would be..."
    Too easy.

December 1, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  15. Robert

a.) You're not winning! This is like announcing you're going to Disney World in the first game of the NFL season.
    b.) Announcing that you'd take Rick Santorum put you down percentage points in the polls.
    c.) Announcing that you'd take Donald Trump put him up 3 percentage points in the Neilsen ratings.

December 1, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  16. Michael in Houston

LOL!! Hey Bachmann...you might want to wait to until your polling in at least double digits before you start picking out your running mate, cabinet, and curtains. Good lord you really are dillusional arent you.

December 1, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  17. Julius

LOL. This is priceless.

December 1, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  18. BR

She is forgetting the part that she needs to be nominated first to pick a VP!!!!

December 1, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  19. Dave A.

What planet is this? It saddens me to see beings with such enormous egos.

December 1, 2011 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  20. Rudy Gonzales

In your wildest dreams, this Bachmann-Trump ticket would be the real dream team. And the TEA-GOP-Republican parties nightmare!

December 1, 2011 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  21. RonC

LOL!! You got to be kidding me. Trump? Demint? Jim Deminted is just another TeaBag with huge mouth and all show and no go along with Trumpy. Not to worry as she will never get anywhere with her campaign.

December 1, 2011 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  22. American

God help us all if these asinine individuals win...

December 1, 2011 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  23. Former Republican, now an Independent

Still extremists who will not get my vote. We need to win the old republican party back, and get it out of the control of these facist extremists.

December 1, 2011 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  24. Mark in Seattle

This women only wastes everyone's time. Hear that MN. Toss her out on her rear end!

December 1, 2011 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  25. blindbear

Bachman/Trump 2012? Along that same line of thought, I'm notifying the world that as soon as I get my antigravity device perfected I'll be flying over both the Grand Canyon and over the Great Wall of China. Any day now.

December 1, 2011 11:03 am at 11:03 am |