Cain to make campaign announcement Saturday
December 2nd, 2011

Cain to make campaign announcement Saturday

(CNN) - Businessman Herman Cain said Friday he would make an announcement and "clarify exactly what the next steps are" regarding the future of his campaign Saturday.

He is scheduled to host a rally to mark the opening of campaign headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, one day after meeting his wife for the first time face-to-face after allegations he carried on a 13-year extramarital affair were made public Monday.

Filed under: 2012 • Herman Cain
  1. Expat American

In order to keep raising money; pretty soon, Cain (aka: Pizza Pimp) will need to step into the ring with Mr. “the rent is too damn high” to duke it out on a special Celebrity Politician Boxing.
    Now I’d pay a dollar to see that – and I’ll donate it to Pizza Pimp’s campaign, because I don’t want the laughs to end. Bachmann can sell refreshments in the bleachers.

December 2, 2011 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  2. Dr. D. Hill

It is truly amazing how people attempt to run for an office as important as the President of the United States and
    less knowlege about foreign/domestic affairs. Before assuming anyone can hold this position, you should question your knowledge and intelligence. It is a shame we are taking this so lighly. Where is the pride in all of this nonesense? You should first vet yourself and ask are you intelligent enough to warrant the position?

December 2, 2011 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  3. Squigman

He can always find work as a spokesman, for Trojan.

December 2, 2011 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  4. The Greedy Old Pigs are neocon nutjobs

Mr. KochCain's December Flavor of the Month: Toast

December 2, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  5. to Rudy NYC

Connie is right. While of course none of us knows the details of another's marriage, we do know, and it is now being reported by people who know the Cains, that they have lived in separate residences for years, that he was never home and Gloria and the kids didn't mind, and that she went on tv stating what a good husband he is, when she knows differently. She could have had the guts of Mark Sanford's wife. But no, she put up with the situation and didn't have to worry about bills being paid or food on the table. There is no respect in that. None.

December 2, 2011 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  6. Sarah

I agree with Connie – A woman who has an affair with a married man who gives her money vs. a wife who doesn't care who her husband sleeps with who gives her money. What is the difference. Neither one has any self respect. Jenny Sanford has self respect. Gloria Cain does not. She is happy to live a false life. Me, I couldn't do it; I wouldn't respect myself.

December 2, 2011 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  7. Sarah

The real problem in all of this is that every interview Herman Cain had, he wasn't talking about the country's issues, he was talking about another woman. This creep needs to leave the national stage and take his pizza with him.

December 2, 2011 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  8. Rudy NYC

I will acquiesce my previously stated male chauvinistic opinions in favor of the ladies' superior intellect. If the ladies wish to denigrate her, who am I stop them. Though, I still think it is wrong to paint Mrs. Cain as the guilty party. The poor woman could be a victim of mental and physical abuse for all that you know.

Make no mistake. I am not defending Mrs. Cain or her actions in any way. I am condemning the critical comments.

December 2, 2011 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |