You can count on my husband, Ann Romney says
December 6th, 2011

You can count on my husband, Ann Romney says

(CNN) - Mitt Romney's stable and honest and will be the next president of the United States, just ask his wife.

Ann Romney hit the campaign trail Tuesday to make a personal case for her husband to be the next GOP nominee in the race for the White House.

"That's how I see Mitt, as being the kind of guy you can always know you can count on, that will always be there in tough times, that will always do the right thing, that recognizes that integrity is everything and that is the kind of person that people should know Mitt Romney really is," she said at an event in Somersworth, New Hampshire.

Romney, who has appeared frequently with her husband during his second bid for the White House, said her "job now is to let people know that he is an unusual guy with usual talents."

Clearly trying to show the human side of the former Massachusetts governor, Romney spoke about his support during her ongoing battle with multiple sclerosis and how she "makes it work" on the campaign trail.

"I think some of you also know I have M.S. and there are a few things about M.S. that you need to keep your health in control," Romney said. "One is to eat well, have a normal schedule, get good rest, don't have stress so really a campaign is just ideal, just ideal for me so we make it work."

Also see:

Axelrod: Gingrich to blame for Washington gridlock

Romney's stand on payroll tax has Dems crying 'flip-flop'

Gingrich ready for 'early Christmas gift' from Pelosi

Cain says no endorsement soon

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney • Mitt Romney
  1. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I wonder if Newt's wives could say the same thing. Mittens for president in 2024

December 6, 2011 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  2. Debby

Honestly they all Flip Flop. They wouldn't be called POLITICIANS if they didn't.

December 6, 2011 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  3. Woman In California

And you can count of me to vote AGAINST your lying ignorant husband and YOUR five good for nothing sons. You should be ashamed of the men YOU support and love.

December 6, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  4. Four and The Door

Debby
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    I kinda wish Obama would flip-flop. Take a look at his jobs bill. Looks just like the one that didn't work in 2009. Maybe not even a full flip flop. How about just a Plan B instead of more of Plan A?!?! I think we know what another Obama term would look like. The same one that failed the first time.

December 6, 2011 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

Four and The Door began:

Mitt Romney is uniquely qualified
    ----------–
    So was Romney. So was Trump. So was Romney. So was Bachmann. So was Romney. So was Perry. So was Romney. So was Cain. So was Romney. So was Gingrich. So was Romney. I can see why you like him. You have a lot in common.

December 6, 2011 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |