December 8th, 2011

Trump: Romney surprised me

(CNN) - In an interview on CNN's "The Situation Room," Donald Trump said he was surprised when former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney turned down an invitation to the upcoming Trump-moderated debate.

"He wants my endorsement very badly. We've seen him come up. We speak. I like him a lot. I think he's a terrific guy, but I was really surprised that he didn't want to do the debate," Trump told Wolf Blitzer, anchor of "The Situation Room."

1. JFritz

Does Trump own a huge share of Time Warner or something? Why is this person constantly quoted, as if he makes sense. Oh, please, oh, please, oh, please let him be on the next Republican ticket.

December 8, 2011 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  2. Joshua Ludd

So, Huntsman, Paul, Romney, and Perry have all turned down The Donald's debate invite. Who has he got coming to this thing besides Newt Gingrich, who will do just about anything if he smells money?

December 8, 2011 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  3. Kris Craig

Why on Earth would anyone want to participate in a debate moderated by someone who's thinking about running himself?! I'm guessing Romney was probably just turned-off by the debate rules: Each candidate gets 60 seconds to speak, then the moderator gets 59 minutes to respond.

December 8, 2011 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  4. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I think it is Romney showing spine to someone who has an ego the size of North America. The problem is that Romney had visited with Trump, hadn't he? I guess this an another flip flop for Romney among many.

December 8, 2011 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  5. cigarman

Kris Craig, Your comment is great, I certainly wish that I had thought of it. LOL

December 9, 2011 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  6. Kenneth the VI of Minneapolis

Is Donald Trump the Chairman of the Republican Party?

December 9, 2011 08:15 am at 8:15 am |
  7. Kenneth the VI of Minneapolis

next, $arah Palin will host a debate.

December 9, 2011 08:16 am at 8:16 am |