Huntsman: Everyone gets 15 minutes of fame
December 18th, 2011

Huntsman: Everyone gets 15 minutes of fame

(CNN) – Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman isn’t worried that he hasn’t topped national polls measuring support of candidates seeking the 2012 Republican nomination for president.

“Everyone gets their Warholian 15 minutes of fame. They go up and they go down,” Huntsman told CNN Political Correspondent Joe Johns. “I’m getting whiplash watching all of my friends go up and down. I don’t want that to happen to me.”

Huntsman described himself as the conservative voters are looking for, unlike some of his opponents who are “running for panderer in chief” in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

The former U.S. ambassador to China noted his rise in recent surveys of the first-in-the-nation primary state of New Hampshire, where he’s banking on a big win in January, and said his campaign is developing as he’d hoped.

“I want a steady, consistent, substantive rise, which is exactly what we are seeing in New Hampshire,” Huntsman said.

“We've gone from zero to now number three, which is a great place to be, and I think by the end of the month we're going to be in an even stronger position. That speaks to sustainability.”

Huntsman placed third among likely Republican primary voters in a recent Suffolk University/7News poll with 13% support behind Romney at 38% and Gingrich at 20%.

Filed under: 2012 • Jon Huntsman
  1. Rudy NYC

I don't think the right wing will ever embrace Huntsman, and let him try on the glass sllippers. Not ever.

December 18, 2011 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  2. Steve/Oklahoma

Jon Huntsman is the ONLY republican I could vote for.

December 18, 2011 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  3. yellerdog

Smartest Republican of the bunch. Baffles ones mind why he hasn't been taken seriously yet.

December 18, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  4. Rick McDaniel

No, that would NOT be true. There are millions of citizens that absolutely no one, even notices.

December 18, 2011 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Larry L

He's not crazy or hateful enough for the modern Republican Party.

December 18, 2011 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  6. Wire Palladin, S. F.

If Huntsman would become a birther, he could probably rally the uninformed viewers of foreign owned media, Fox. Right wingnuts have almost ruined America, and it looks like they want to elect a candidate who will finish our country off.

December 18, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  7. Rudy NYC

yellerdog wrote:

------------
    Don't be baffled. You must re-adjust the greed factor upwards in your assessments.

December 18, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  8. Wire Palladin, S. F.

If he were a liar like Mittens, the Kochs and Rove may have bankrolled him instead.

December 18, 2011 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  9. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I can think of 11 trillion reasons that republicans should not be elected in 2012. I believe that is their portion of the national debt.

December 18, 2011 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  10. Greg

Rudy NYC- I've read a lot of your comments on here, you aren't qualified to say what conservatives will embrace anymore than I am qualified to say what liberals will embrace. I am a Huntsman supporter, and I am as conservative as you can get. It may surprise you to learn that not all of the conservative wing of the GOP denies science, has irrational ideas about equal rights for homosexuals and favors a shoot first foreign policy. Those of us who apply pragmatism to our conservative ideals are coming around to Huntsman. The primaries haven't even started yet, polling low right now is irrelevant.

December 18, 2011 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  11. gt

he needs to hang in there,,

December 18, 2011 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  12. anon-i-mouse

It's too bad the GOP won't embrace an intelligent, honest candidate. I'd like to get to pick between two candidates worth voting for rather than voting for Obama mostly because he's running against a buffoon.

December 18, 2011 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |