Romney, on Letterman show, jokes about hair, Newt Gingrich
December 20th, 2011

Romney, on Letterman show, jokes about hair, Newt Gingrich

Washington (CNN) – Mitt Romney headed to the “The Late Show with David Letterman” on Monday night, where the Republican presidential hopeful shared the top ten things he would like to say to the American people.

Joking about everything from Newt Gingrich’s rise in the polls to his own hair, Romney delivered the list in a straightforward, dead pan manner.

“Newt Gingrich… really,” joked Romney as if he were questioning the rise of his closest competitor in the race for the Republican nomination,

And the big reveal came at number one, when Mitt Romney shared that his widely admired hair was “a hairpiece.”

Romney is not the first candidate to show their lighter side on Letterman’s list. Texas Gov. Rick Perry stopped by the show after his debate “brain freeze,” and listed ten excuses for the mistake.

As for Romney, he was equally self-deprecating.

"What's up gangstas, it's the M-i-double tizzle,” Romney said at number 9. “My new cologne is now available at Macy's. It's Mitts-tified,” was number 5.

Here is the full list:

10: Isn't it time for a president who looks like a 1970s game show host?

9: What's up gangstas? It's the M-i-double-tizzle

8: I have no proof, but I have a feeling Canada is planning something.

7: Actually I'm only here to meet Tom Cruise

6: Live from New York, It's Saturday Night!!!

5: My new cologne is now available at Macy's. It's Mitts-tified

4: I just used all my campaign money to buy a zoo with Matt Damon

3: I can do a lot but even I can't fix the Indianapolis Colts

2: Newt Gingrich, really?

1: It's a hairpiece.

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney
  1. JimKonos

I think the best possible solution would be to elect Ron Paul President and have Romney Vice-President. The changes that Paul would put in place would require someone like Romney with his back ground in the private sector to make it all work successfully.

December 20, 2011 03:44 am at 3:44 am |
  2. LegendRx

Romney is Phony, plastic and corny. like played out David Letterman :(

December 20, 2011 06:55 am at 6:55 am |
  3. Keith in Austin

Our next POTUS!

December 20, 2011 07:00 am at 7:00 am |
  4. Indy

One thing that is always good for a laugh is that some people think because Mitts was in business previously that he will snap his fingers and fix the economy. What Bush did to de rail the economy will take another twelve years to fix and it wont be any President, democrat or Republican that will fix the economy it will be supply,demand and innovation and no President can control those factors. Funny with Mitts business experience that he does not know the problems in Greece are completely different from the problems facing the US.It is not even possible to become another Greece,Mitts need to do a little research on Greece's problems before comparing them to the US.

December 20, 2011 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  5. Seattle Sue

I would guess if Romney did another Late Show on Friday that he would have reverse answers.

December 20, 2011 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  6. diridi

If this idiot is POTUS, He will sell to India, China. Ship jobs wherever there is a cheap labor. Bring lot of cheap labor in to America. Ban your social security, and Medicare. it is not scary it is real....o.k,

December 20, 2011 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  7. Phil in KC

At least he's got a sense of humor and can poke a little fun at himself. I like that about him.

December 20, 2011 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  8. T'sah from Virginia

I cannot get beyond the fact that MITTens acts like and looks like a "fast-talking salesman..." That kills it for me!!

Obama 2012 because you don't have to TALK FAST to prove a point!!

December 20, 2011 09:54 am at 9:54 am |