BLITZER'S BLOG: Petraeus' secret trip to Iraq
December 21st, 2011

BLITZER'S BLOG: Petraeus' secret trip to Iraq

(CNN) – When I got up early this morning, I got an e-mail from CNN's Arwa Damon in Baghdad. She had been hearing that CIA Director David Petraeus was spotted in Iraq in recent days. She asked me to check it out with my sources in Washington, which, of course, I did.

I learned that the retired U.S. Army general who once commanded U.S. forces in Iraq had indeed gone to Iraq – this time as head of the CIA. I was also told he was already back in Washington safe and sound.

FULL STORY

Filed under: David Petraeus
  1. T'sah from Virginia

It is good to know that CIA Director David Petraeus is still part of protecting America. Thank you President Obama.

Obama 2012 – Because I trust he will continue to keep America safe!!

December 21, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  2. Portland tony

Hey Wolf, Would it be to much to tell us WHY? David Petraeus was in Iraq? __

December 21, 2011 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  3. vic , nashville ,tn

CNN shame on you sending Gloria Borger attack Ron Paul

I don’t watch John King USA and Erin Burnett out front because those two hours are pro Romney

December 21, 2011 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  4. gt

great american

December 21, 2011 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  5. Anonymous

Who cares? Petraeus of all people should understand what a bad idea it is to have the CIA active in the middle east. Thanks to them installing the Shah against the will of the Irani people, we now have to deal with an Iran that for very good reason does not trust the US. It appears that the US is repeating that mistake in Iraq.

December 21, 2011 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  6. Four and The Door

vic , nashville ,tn
    I don’t watch ...Erin Burnett out front because those two hours are pro Romney...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Erin Burnett is a very good business correspondent. She has a degree in Political Economics, has been covering the economy for several years and she knows how things work. Of course she's pro-Romney.

December 21, 2011 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  7. willie floyd

Why he went may be a national security issue which may not be a "need to know" issue for the general public.

December 21, 2011 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  8. GonzoinHouston

I'll say one thing for Petraeus, he doesn't lack for guts.

December 21, 2011 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  9. Larry L

Is it Wolf Blitzer's job to report the travel of the CIA Director? Why would anybody think the CIA would lose interest in Iraq? Let's see... it borders... oh yeah... Iran!

December 21, 2011 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |