Obama's last minute holiday shopping trip
December 21st, 2011

Obama's last minute holiday shopping trip

(CNN) - With Christmas only four days away, President Barack Obama did some last-minute holiday shopping, escaping the legislative stalemate in Congress over the payroll tax extensions.

The president took first dog Bo with him to visit an Alexandria, Virginia shopping center.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama • Uncategorized • White House
  1. T'sah from Virginia

Oh boy – here comes the candidates from the RIGHT bearing down on President Obama because he is NOT allowed to shop because the HOUSE messed up on a vote. They will not blame the HOUSE, they will blame President Obama. This is going to take place in 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1..........

Obama 2012!!

December 21, 2011 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  2. Failure is the Republicon legacy

And everyone in Alex., Va was very happy to see him again – win in 2012!

December 21, 2011 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  3. Silly Baggers!

Waiting for our friends on the right to have something negative to say about Obama buying a holiday gift. Come on lets hear it already so we can move on.

December 21, 2011 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  4. Failure is the Republicon legacy

It’s nice to have a President that's not afraid of being out with regular people, trying to still do what regular people do.
    I'm sure the elitist slithering GOP attack lizards will try to make this into something ugly as that's all they seem capable of doing – TRYING to spread ugliness and depravity where ever there is some good being done.
    But the American people will not let them do their evil deeds anymore.

December 21, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  5. Sniffit

"Waiting for our friends on the right to have something negative to say about Obama buying a holiday gift. "

Well, CNN, like a good little MSM bag of crap, clearly wrote the article to bait them, focusing intensely on how much Obama was spending on a couple Xmas gifts.

December 21, 2011 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  6. Voice of Reason

Sorry, I really do support the President, but i just gotta ask: WHY IS A SITTING PRESIDENT STANDING IN LINE BUYING DOGFOOD?? (sorry about the caps, but that's how I feel)

You CANT tell me that he doesnt have more important things to do...

(Of course, i feel the same way about the House GOP walking out this morning... Geez – Next November cant get here soon enough. Obama 2012! Take back the House!)

December 21, 2011 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  7. Four and The Door

T'sah from Virginia
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, c'mon T'Sah. Obama has every right to take some time to attend to personal business just like everyone else over the holidays. And next year he will have plenty more time as a Lame Duck President. Shopping, hiking, sledding...

December 21, 2011 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  8. GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE

This is the most down to earth First Family. I would like to see Bo on the campaign trail.

December 21, 2011 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  9. Woman In California

Merry Christmas Mr. President to you and your family. Forget whatever the haters say and keep looking out for us.

December 21, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  10. Anonymous

Cue the extreme rightwing hatemonkeys in 4, 3, 2, 1

December 21, 2011 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  11. Woman In California

Money INTO the economy. You can't beat that.

December 21, 2011 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  12. T'sah from Virginia

►@Four and the Door
    Oh, c'mon T'Sah. Obama has every right to take some time to attend to personal business just like everyone else over the holidays. And next year he will have plenty more time as a Lame Duck President. Shopping, hiking, sledding.◄

Well Four – The first part of your statement is true, so I will agree with that!! As far as the second sentence, I don't think so – there are still things to be done and he will take care of it. By the way, could you please give me heads up on what your new name is going to be after President Obama wins in 2012???? I will have to know who you are so we can continue our dialog; I mean, Four and the Door is just not going to work after 2012!!

Obama 2012

December 21, 2011 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  13. vic , nashville ,tn

I am happy president took some time for shopping

Some are criticizing $40 pay roll tax cut tweet My water bill average $40 per month for me that $40 cover one bill like me many out there

December 21, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  14. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@Four and the Door who wrote (chuckle!):
    ------------------------
    Okay Four you actually had me laughing out loud, in a good way, with that one! Thanks, and Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas to you and everyone that frequents this site!

December 21, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  15. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Good to see the President out and about mixing with average Americans. I like to see the way people's faces light up with a smile when they are around him.
    He is indeed everyman's President White, Gay, Black, Latino, Asian blue-collar and white collar, and yes even Teatards lol!
    Merry Christmas Mr. President!
    Happy Holidays fellow bloggers!

December 21, 2011 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  16. Failure is the Republicon legacy

“GOP hatemonkeys” – that's perfect!
    @voices in your head – yea, and I'm sure the President shouldn't take a half hour to maintain his sanity. Not like he’s running off to some gated compound in Texass to run a chainless chain saw – now that keeps you sane.
    And the GOPers surely don't need sanity, look at who they have running for the GOP top spot – not one of them responds in a sane way to any questions.

December 21, 2011 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@ T'sah:
    Oh snap T'sah nice comeback on Four!
    Here are some options for Four: " I Knew There'd Be Four", "He Gave Us Four More", " Four More Close the Door"....!!lol!

December 21, 2011 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  18. fred

There he goes again! Spending MY MONEY again !

December 21, 2011 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  19. fred

If Obama gets "re-elected", there will be rioting in the streets worse than if Putin gets re-elected in Russia. There is no way Obama can get re-elected again. The experiment failed miserably. Ask anyone...Are you better off now than 3 years ago? NOT.

December 21, 2011 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  20. gt

slow news day

December 21, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  21. Four and The Door

( I don't know about the team, butat least it rhymes well).

December 21, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  22. R

"Good to see the President out and about mixing with average Americans."

I don't think the secret service standing next to him will allow that. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an agent next to the cashier.

December 21, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  23. 8thatsgreat!

Merry Christmas Mr President and family! God Bless you and God Bless us everyone! Oh and for the hateful teabaggin party of NO...lots of coal

December 21, 2011 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  24. vic , nashville ,tn

@ fred You ready follow foot step of Russian protestors so that much you hate Obama get life

December 21, 2011 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  25. Sniffit

"How about, " Four More and The Door for Sure"?... but I already have dibs on," Romney/ Pawlenty until twenty twenty".
    ( I don't know about the team, butat least it rhymes well)."

How about "Anyone but Obama, Cuz I still Live with My Momma"?

December 21, 2011 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |