Paul re-releases ad in Iowa and New Hampshire
December 21st, 2011

Paul re-releases ad in Iowa and New Hampshire

(CNN) – Texas Rep. Ron Paul will again tout his pro-life credentials in an ad going up on airwaves in Iowa and New Hampshire Wednesday. The spot is a re-cut of another ad previously released in the early presidential nominating states, with new material added.

The ad features former patients of Paul, an obstetrician who trumpets delivering over 4,000 babies during his time as a practicing physician.

The original ad buy was around one million dollars and aired during the fall in the four early states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.

The new ad featuring praise of Paul will run for the next week or two, an added investment on the airwaves from the campaign, though the campaign wouldn't comment on the size of the buy. A new poll in Iowa placed the candidate in the top spot among Republican caucus goers over other 2012 contenders.

As candidates continue to seek support from the conservative block of voters critical in Iowa ahead of its first-in-the-nation caucus on Jan. 3, Paul mobilized his own supporters to speak for him.

"Some people need to have a good word said about them, Ron is the sort of person that his life is his good word," says a woman described as a "former patient" in the one-minute, 8 second spot. "Ron did not let Washington change him."

"I believe life begins at conception in my opinion and, as a result, I love to go to a doctor who felt the same way," says another. "Ron's still the same guy still saying the same things, and now all these years later, still standing his ground."

At a time when 2012 candidates question each other's character as they jockey for the evangelical vote, Paul's spot includes a supporter stating, "Its not hard for someone who is a Christian and truly believes to stay on the right path. And I think that's what kind of person Ron Paul is."

Filed under: 2012 • Ads • Iowa • New Hampshire • Ron Paul
  1. Johnny

Go Ron Paul 2012!!!

December 21, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  2. GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE

"I believe life begins at conception"
    ------------------
    Well there are those that believe that life begins at erection. The pro-lifers are going to love this ad. I wonder out of those 4,000 kids Dr. Paul delivered, how many were born with developmental delays and other congenital anamolies.

December 21, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  3. Joe M

a woman described as a "former patient"

What's with the scare quotes?

December 21, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  4. Woman In California

I don't care what Ron Paul does (he has my blessings) as long as he NEVER occupies the Oval Office. Anyone against civil rights is against me and should he be given the stage in a GE and people hear just how outrageous some of his ideas are – the American people will REJECT him in droves. The only good thing to come out of RP's third bid for the WH is after this is all over, I will never have to hear from this little angry man again. For that I am truly thankful.

December 21, 2011 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

Dr. Paul's views on civil rights and outspoken views in defense of people who wish to be bigots disqualifies him from being President of the United States. [I figured I would spell it out for you.]

December 21, 2011 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  6. WhereIsPalin

Yes, Paul-bots. Dr Quack is "still the same guy still saying the same things, and now all these years later, still" stuck in the past.

December 21, 2011 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  7. Rob

He is not against civil rights, he is pro life. There is a difference. Get a grip. Unless you are raped or sexually abused, you should be pro life as well. Abortian should not be a mistake corrector!

December 21, 2011 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  8. Phil in KC

I'm sure the pro-life message will play well with the religious right in Iowa. But much of his base is libertarian in nature and I wonder how it will play with them. The underlying message is that government should restrict abortions completely. That is in direct conflict with his message of a minimalist government that imposes as little as possible on the governed.

December 21, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  9. Dennis

Saying he is against civil rights, which he is not, is skewing his position. i would advice you to look it up and actually understand the philosophy. It is truly sad you believe that.

December 21, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  10. Whatever

I didn't like the ad, but my wife loved it. Just shows how different men and women think. Ron Paul did well with this ad according to my pro-Paul wife. Personally, I don['t think women should be allowed to vote. If they were silenced, we wouldn't have to worry so much about the propaganda of organizations like CNN, ABC, CBS, etc as men are smarter than women, as a rule. I'm voting for Romney. He makes sense.

December 21, 2011 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  11. Failure is the Republicon legacy

If Ron Paul is against women having healthcare rights he is not a Libertarian.

December 21, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  12. Marine2001

What are the other choices? War with Iran, the continuation of the theft of our rights and liberties we have fought and died for? No balanced budget? There is but one choice, Ron Paul 2012! The only one who will fight for the American people and end these wars. A vote for anyone else means more Americans suffering from war and an economy accelerating through a downward spiral. How many Americans are out of work? Not percentage points, how many Millions? It's disgusting. Ron Paul 2012!!! Restore America now!

December 21, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  13. Abraham

I'm impressed at just how contradictory some people are. They're willing to pick the lesser of two evils when it's not Ron Paul v.s. X and yet it is Ron Paul v.s. X people want a perfect candidate and move the threshold upwards so the Ron Paul never pleases them. Also Dr. Paul isn't nearly as "stuck in the past" as people who believe violence brings peace; i.e. Palin, Bachmann, Gingrich, Romney, Santorum, so forth and so on. Paul is simply following the constitution; Ooooh big crime... Get away from that idea please; it's time to question your own beliefs as well as those of others.

December 21, 2011 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  14. Marie MD

Is this the best he can come up with? What the 72 year old man did in his heyday? The self proclaimed racist speaks and only the right wing nuts are listening.
    As a woman I wouldn't want a doctor who preaches his religious craziness to me. Don't tell me what to do with my body!
    If I was him I wouldn't be too proud of that son of his either!!

December 21, 2011 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  15. Thai

I'm pro-choice, but I personally don't worry about candidate's views on social issues.

How many people can name off the top of their heads who was president when MLK Jr lead peaceful protests? Or when Rosa Parks refused to stand up?

Not that many.

That's because social issues and civil rights are fought for on the streets, in protests. Presidents and Congressmen/Congresswomen simply give in after the people repeatedly show them what they want.

So even though I'm pro-choice, I don't worry about Paul's pro-life position. I worry about other issues that a president more directly impacts: War.

Paul is the peace candidate and has my support because of that.

December 21, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  16. Rudy NYC

Rob

He is not against civil rights, he is pro life.
    ---------------
    Then, you do not really know Dr. Paul. He is pro life to the extreme. To the degree that he feels that if people wish to live in segregated societies, then that is not only an expression of their freedom of speech but a pursuit of their happiness.

Dr. Paul has been very clear on his desire to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964. His libertarian perspective feels that civil rights laws violate the 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. He feels that if a store owner wishes to turn some people away based solely upon race, then that is their right. He ignores the fact that the Commerce Clause prohibits it.

December 21, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  17. Marry

Before you get all excited about Ron Paul – do a little research what he really stands for. Taking back the country becomes again a total different meaning – this time it is way back to the 1950! Why does it seem to be so difficult to just give it some thought what is wrong and to solve the problems before someone like Ron (and the other GOP/TP “candidates)goes off and creates a total new set of problems without the ability to get rid of the current ones?
    As long as the GOP/TP undermines all efforts to address the problems of normal middle class families, their stance as “pro-life” is a farce!

December 21, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  18. Gurgi

Paul has some good ideas, but he loses my support, mostly, on his isolationist foreign policies.

December 21, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  19. Death to Sycophants

To all of the corporate shills that have been posting here in an effort to muckrake against Dr Paul: Ron Paul wants government OUT of personal decisions and to return authority to states. Ron Paul is about individual freedoms. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for self-accountability and personal responsibility. I am pro-choice and am 100% on board with Dr Paul, as he had NO intention of forcing his personal belief system upon mine. So knock off the slander and misinformed soundbytes.

December 21, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  20. Larry in Houston

I've been a registered Democrat all my life – but, I've talked to many people in several states, not necessarily in the south. ( I'm a transplant from the "east" ) But IF Ron Paul gets the Nomination, I Will Vote for him – in the general election in November, because the current list of republican clowns is a complete disgrace. Gingrich has to be the worst one of them all. He's got enough baggage to sink 3 aircraft carriers, and the carnival cruise lines. ( no offense to Any Aircraft Carrier, or any Cruise Line ) + Gingrich is an old "re-tread" and Romney is a liar, including Bachman & the other clowns.

December 21, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  21. Woman In California

Being the POTUS is the BIGGEST government job in our country. Why is Ron Paul trying to get the biggest job in government IF as he claims he is so against it? Answer that RP supporters.

December 21, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  22. CBR

Perhaps Representative Paul will release some of the writing he did during his career. These may give us some idea of who Ron Paul really is. A record is built over time.

December 21, 2011 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  23. Chris in CA

Ron Paul is the most staunch defender of liberty and the US Constitution. For those of you who are undecided, and considering Dr. Paul, please consider what he actually says, and not all the fear-mongering and name-calling directed at him. Please take a look at what the man says, what he has consistently said for years, his voting record, and his ethics. If you then decide he does not deserve your vote, then at least you gave him due consideration and made up your mind based upon the facts. Respectfully, a Ron Paul supporter since 2008.

December 21, 2011 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  24. steve

In reply to Woman in California, If I have to explain it you wouldn't understand it.

December 21, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  25. steve

You have the power to vote whomever you like that's the great thing about this country. I happen to like the views and solutions that Ron Paul talks about, everyone has a different view on things.

December 21, 2011 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |