Romney's sugar fix for 7 stop day
December 22nd, 2011

Romney's sugar fix for 7 stop day

Bethlehem, New Hampshire (CNN) - Mitt Romney prepared for a punishing day of events throughout northern New Hampshire Thursday by inducing sugar shock.

The campaign booked a packed day for the former Massachusetts governor, who will make seven stops on Thursday alone and sit for several interviews.

But the governor will traverse New Hampshire in style on his new campaign bus. The Romney campaign-mobile boasts a small kitchen area and 24 seats.

The coach was crafted by Premier Transportation and is - naturally - called the Reagan model. Other bus models are named for different presidents, such as Jefferson, Grant or Monroe.

Pictures of the governor on the campaign trail line the walls, along with a large banner with an image of George Romney, the candidate's father.

Romney's day will be largely consumed by retail stops, where he will chat with voters.

Next week the candidate will take the bus to Iowa, where he will campaign Dec. 28 through Dec. 30.

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • New Hampshire
  1. Four and The Door

Whatever works for Romney because I want to see Romney working for us. ( Which would be a nice change because Obama thinks we all work for him...)

December 22, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  2. Lynda/Minnesota

"The GOP candidate warned an audience at an Elks Lodge in Bethlehem he might talk more quickly than normal because he'd just finished his own personal breakfast of champions: Frosted Flakes cereal, toast with honey and chocolate milk."

This is about as interesting as anything else he's talked about during his campaign tour thus far ... absolutely newsworthy, that - what Romney had for breakfast, I mean. Well, it would be if I were a Romney groupie, anyway. Just curious, though ... guy's running for President, isn't he?

December 22, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  3. Rudy NYC

I wouldn't feed my kids that. Check that, past tense. I never fed my kids anything like that. First and foremost, all sugar coated cereals were banned. Wheaties and raisins is what I grew up on. Chocolate milk was banned from the home, only to be consumed in a restaurant when on vacation. My kids ate fruit, like a banana, apple or melon, every day that we had something fresh. And, I made sure that they drank a glass of juice and milk. Never put honey on toast, though. It was always fresh jams, which taste better than jellies, anyway.

December 22, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  4. Wire Palladin, S. F.

That sugar high may explain today, but what about every other day? Spineless flip flopper.

December 22, 2011 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  5. Sniffit

Who gives a flying rat's brown star? Are you going to do a follow up report on whether it effected his regular-ness next?

December 22, 2011 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  6. madphill2

Not sure if this is actually news..... other than details about the tour.

December 22, 2011 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  7. T'sah from Virginia

►"I am kind of high on sugar this morning and that may speed things up a bit," he said.◄

Really? The "fast-talking" salesman is going to "speed up" when he should be "slowing down?" Please!!!

Obama 2012!!

December 22, 2011 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  8. Thomas

I thought Mitt was more of a Lucky Charms or Fruit Loop kinda guy .

December 22, 2011 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  9. Publius Novus

The Reagan model has a special hydraulic arm that can throw the middle class under the bus without the candidate getting his hands dirty.

December 22, 2011 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |