January 1st, 2012

VIDEO: Rep. Steve King weighs in on Iowa caucuses

(CNN) - Just two days before the Iowa caucuses, Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa, who holds a highly sought-after endorsement in the state, said he's waiting to show his support until he finds the right candidate to lead the country out of debt.

"I want to know they believe it and can lead America to where we need to go to get us back from the abyss of a fiscal calamity," King said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I haven't seen that with the clarity that I want to see, and if me holding back on this helps get that case before the American people, I may well have to do that."

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

Filed under: 2012 • Iowa • Steve King • TV-State of the Union
  1. Mike

Why would they put this on their website? People of Iowa don't even care about Steve King!

January 1, 2012 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  2. vic , nashville ,tn

"I haven't seen that with the clarity that I want to see,”

That is true no body knows what is going on GOP primary

January 1, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  3. T'sah from Virginia

This is so hilarious. These endorsers – whom no one knows – thinks their voice is the ONLY voice that will make a difference. If that is the case, what about the early endorsers who rallied behind Bachmann, Perry, Huntsman, etc. Where do they stand now?

Obama 2012 – Happy New Year!

January 1, 2012 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  4. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Hey Steve, the republicans under Reagan, Bush, and Bush lite, are responsible for $12 trillion of the debt. (If you included Bush's TARP) I really doubt that any republican will lead us out of debt.

January 1, 2012 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  5. Wire Palladin, S. F.

When you go hunting with a candidate, that is like getting engaged in Iowa.

January 1, 2012 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  6. whyismycommentbeingblocked

Yeah, Ron the nominee

January 1, 2012 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  7. Just make it up

Mr King is another flip flopper, but to his credit, he did not jump on the Perry bandwagon when he put his hat in the ring. I am wondering if all those big names who threw their support to Perry are still campaigning for him. Has Jindle been to Iowa... has Barbor been there for him? Come on boys, put you money where your mouth is.

January 1, 2012 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  8. encore

Happy new years President Obama and to your family.

January 1, 2012 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  9. Decorum2012

@Decorum2012 – When Ron Paul discusses minorities in America, he appears to focus on his efforts to improve the disparity in our courts and prison systems. He should probably give more details on his work in this area to appeal to more voters. I'd really like to hear more of his actual track record and results, not just his ideas. If you take the postulating out of any candidates resume, what have they truly accomplished.

January 1, 2012 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |