Palin seeks increased Romney transparency
January 11th, 2012

Palin seeks increased Romney transparency

(CNN) - Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor who mused with a presidential bid of her own this cycle, suggested Wednesday that Mitt Romney should release records from his time at Bain Capital, as well as his personal tax returns.

Not doing so, she said, could lead to devastating consequences that would injure his candidacy in the weeks before November's general election.

- Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"Don't be surprised that that's all coming out today, because it would come out as an October surprise had these GOP candidates not brought those out today," Palin said on the Fox News program "Hannity."

She continued, "Barack Obama and his machine and the billion dollars that he's got behind him will bring all of this stuff out anyway."

Candidates need to be prepared, Palin said.

"It's rough and tumble, not beanbag as Romney and others have called it. You've got to be prepared for this."

In the interview, Palin characterized Texas Gov. Rick Perry's attacks on Romney's tenure at Bain as questions about his job creation claims.

"This isn't about a politician making huge profits in the private sector," she said. I "think what Governor Perry is getting at is that Governor Romney claimed to have created 100,000 jobs at Bain and you know, people are wanting to know, is there proof of that claim?"

Republicans, she said, should vet candidates "within our own party."

But Palin's comments do not mean she is closer to choosing a candidate to support.

"I'm still with the majority," Palin said. "Searching."

Also see:

Poll: Romney, Santorum tied with Obama in Florida

Gingrich fires up down South

S.C. Republicans plan presidential forum in conservative upstate

Santorum to spend fundraising haul immediately in S.C.

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • Sarah Palin
  1. Jenna NYC

She needs to stay in Alaska or Arizona.. She has no idea what she is talking about but trying to look smart.

January 12, 2012 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  2. PBonz

I have read all the anti Palin Smears here ,and I see how ignorant most of you people are About this Woman . Iam 76 years old and a registered Democrat for 55 Years .I did not vote for her in the last election ,but if I ever get a chance to vote for her again I most certainly Will .!! Just watch the Undefeated and Learn !

January 12, 2012 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  3. ks

Hey! wht don't you do something productive-like helping your neighbors shovel snow? That's right that is beneath you now. I doubt you are even in the state. You are a Joke.

January 12, 2012 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  4. ATLmatt

why cant the evil ice princess keep her trap shut and live out her years quietly in Alaska? arent her 15 mins up yet? mccain the maverick (who bent over backwards to kiss the religious right's asss four years ago) is to blame for luring this horrid creature out on the public stage.

January 12, 2012 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  5. notogop

I thought and hoped "Mamma Grizzly" was in Alaska hibernating for rest of my life. No such luck.

January 12, 2012 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  6. Chaz

Gurgi

@MysticRedcat and others of like mind on here, if Obama had been properly vetted, he would never have beaten Hillary, much less been elected.
    -------------

January 12, 2012 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  7. pat carr

CNN, maybe this should be the last day i visit you. For Chryst's sake, please stop posting an article about this nobody. Don't you have real news to print? Maybe you should just reprint article from Al-Jazeera

January 12, 2012 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  8. PBonz

GA You must have a short memory ,Obama had the house the Senate and the Presidency for the first 2 years of his Presidency Google it...

January 12, 2012 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  9. Palin Power

Sarah Palin will be our greatest President EVER!

January 12, 2012 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  10. Gurgi

@Tom Paine, I don't have a problem with him turning over his records, in fact I think he should. Just like I think Obama should have turned over his records that he has spent a million or two sealing.

January 12, 2012 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  11. John

First of all who care what Saran Palin Think to begin with. she have to be the world Biggest Idiot. And the movie The Undefeated Is just that a Movie. Most Of it was a Lie anyway. If you believe every Movie you seen , than I guess you believe In That Charlie Sheen Not Crazy anymore. And that you Believe everything you see on TV.

January 12, 2012 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  12. Jim in San Mateo

Imagine, Palin, within an intelligent thought.

January 12, 2012 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  13. Gurgi

@chaz, "Maybe. But then again, I voted for him knowing full well he was a foreign-born, Muslim socialist who "pals around with terrorists.""=======That doesn't say much for you does it?

January 12, 2012 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  14. The Real Tom Paine

Gurgi, he did. The nation was pulled through this nonsense for over 2 years. Its Romney who has spent over 6 years and millions of dollars crafting this image of a business wizard when his entire bsuiness experience is built upon putting people like you and I out of work in a effort to fund another take over. Focus on your man, the onus is on him, not Obama.

January 12, 2012 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  15. Marym5

Palin is the Kim Kardashian of Politics. NO TALENT whatsoever (no offense to Kim)

January 12, 2012 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  16. GeorgeBos95

Palin is an airhead.

Back into your cave, Sarah.

January 12, 2012 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  17. Gurgi

Hmmm, Tom, I don't remember hearing about Obama unsealing his records, which included his school transcripts, but I suppose I could have missed it. With my job I sometimes miss months of news and stuff. (kept winding up in Iraq on occasion)

January 12, 2012 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  18. mannycl

Who cares what she has to say! I am a Repulbican and to me her opinion is meaningless.

January 12, 2012 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  19. AL In Palm Beach County, FL

So Sarah "greasly bear" Palin hits Romney over the head with something hard..and all you babies are here crying?

SHE DIDN'T SAY THOSE THINGS ON CNN...

GO CRY TO FAUX NEWS....

January 12, 2012 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  20. Jay

She wants Candidates Vetted within her own party? That sure wasn't done by McCain when he allowed her onto the national scene! Go Away you unwanted Alaskan Nobody!

January 12, 2012 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  21. Leroy

Romney/Palin in 2012 !!!

January 12, 2012 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  22. John

We just got rid of Airhead One (Bachman). Embarrased in MN. Airhead Two should shut her big stupid pretty mouth also. I'm sure Alaska is relieved. Go home to AZ, AK, or wherever you live. Niether did a thing for anyone but themselves. Not far from Kardashians.

January 12, 2012 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  23. mk1

As a vet myself with a son currently serving on active duty Romney truly scares me with his hawkish stances on many things. Here is a guy who used a religious deferment to get out of serving and has five able bodied sons who refuse to serve yet he is gung ho to send our troops to war. Truly a scary prospect but so typical of the right wing, be a hawk, get into wars, and let others do the fighting. Hey, wait a minute, we have already done that going back to the Civil War where the rich could pay others to take their place. Even in Vietnam, those wealthy and with connections were able to get into the National Guard or Reserves which never went to Vietnam, thus getting out of actually going into harms way. What cowards those chickenhawks are, and Romney is their poster child.

January 12, 2012 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  24. zyggy

Missy Quittypants wasn't even vetted until after she was on the campaign trial. We wouldn't have even known about her if she had been vetted first.

January 12, 2012 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  25. streetdude66

When Palin debated Biden in 2008 he made her look like a nin com poop, & Joe Biden isnt the sharpest crayon in the box either. The whole world saw how clueless she really is so why do conservertards think she has anything pertinent to say?

January 12, 2012 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |