BLITZER’S BLOG: Pres. Obama in full campaign mode
January 12th, 2012

BLITZER’S BLOG: Pres. Obama in full campaign mode

(CNN) – President Obama is now in full re-election campaign mode. If there was any doubt, just check out the campaign speeches he delivered Wednesday night at three separate fundraising events in Chicago.

“I’ve said before, I’m not a perfect man,” he told one Chicago group. “I’m not a perfect president. But I’ve promised you this, and I’ve kept this promise. I will always tell you what I believe. I will always tell you where I stand. I will wake up every single day thinking about how I can make this country better, and I will spend every ounce of energy that I have fighting for you.”

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama • TV-The Situation Room
  1. GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE

You're not perfect Mr. President, but in comparison to your predecessor, you sure look it.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012
    ELIZABETH WARREN 2012 & BEYOND

January 12, 2012 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  2. Independent Voters

Obama you are my favorite president and I am one of your volunteer worker.
    We need you 4 more years.

January 12, 2012 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  3. Charlie in Maine

Politics is about comparing the ideas, abilities and character of one candidate against another. By that measure you are way ahead of anyone else presenting themselves for this job. I promise you, Mr. President, that if you will keep fighting for us I will do everything I can to help you get a "do something, know something" Congress to help you in your second term.

January 12, 2012 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  4. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Who the heck you kidding?! He's been in campaign mode since the day he was elected! The country THOUGHT they were electing a leader for the entire country. Instead what they got was the worse partisan hack in our history.

November can't come soon enough. This failed campaigner-in-chief neds to be sent back to his corrupt Chicago home town before he totally destroys this country with his socialist policies and mountains of debt.

January 12, 2012 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  5. Notarichboy

This is not news, he has been in full campaign mode for over a year!

January 12, 2012 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  6. Angela Calabrese

President Obama deserves reelection. He's done a good job considering what he inherited and the challenges he faced. Obama Biden 2012!!

January 12, 2012 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  7. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Without a doubt the best President this country has had in decades.
    The right President for these turbulent times.
    Elected for the people, and by the people, and fighting for its' people.
    Obama 2012. Seriously America.

January 12, 2012 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  8. vic , nashville ,tn

Obama campaign raised $68 million, 98% small donors this is noting when you compare to “ When Mitt Romney came to Town” that 28 min and 03 seconds worth more than billions

January 12, 2012 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  9. Rudy NYC

Teleprompter Mitt, eh? Well, this gives the Obama haters one less thing to whine about.

January 12, 2012 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  10. NudeTruth

When was he never in full campaign mode, when he was on vacation?

January 12, 2012 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  11. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Angela Calabrese - President Obama deserves reelection.
    ===========================================
    52% of the American people disagree and will say so come November.

January 12, 2012 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  12. Wylie-Mike

Full Campaign mode on the Tax Payer's dollar.

January 12, 2012 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  13. Jay

President Obama has taken only a fraction of the vacation days over the same period of time that Presidents Bush and Reagan did, and yet right-wingers whine about Obama. . .why the double standard?

January 12, 2012 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  14. MTATL67

I do not expect any of my Presidents to be perfect just to do the best they can and not to lose a lot of touch (hazards of the office) with the common person. President Obama has done that. I was blogging the other day and was listing the accomplishments President Obama has made and did it while battling a Republican Congress that vowed to do everything to stop him including sacrificing the welfare of the American people. I had to pause when stepped back and looked at the things that were marked completed on his to do list. I then went to tally up the things completed on the to do list of Congress Republicans. I then realized there really was only one thing on their to do list and it was uncompleted….stop President Obama.

January 12, 2012 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  15. mario

why not the ussc open the door wide open for cash,,,, with the help of mcconnel,,,lol

January 12, 2012 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  16. NVa Native

52% of the American people agree – President Obama will be re-elected Nov 2012 to continue working hard for the American people.

January 12, 2012 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  17. NVa Native

When the GOP-baggers see someone with real integrity and genuine appeal who responds honestly and directly to questions they instinctively think that person is un-trustworthy – because in the GOP circles of parasites those traits are unattainable and foreign to them.

January 12, 2012 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  18. s.emre

As a resident of Ma. I can tell you Mitt Romney is the man. Health insurance legislation was a blessing for me personally.
    He is honest, and decent, unlike so many pol's, esp. in this state where political corruption is rampant in this most liberal of states.
    Why don't you mention that Obama's aunt and uncle are still here feeding of the public trough. Uncle Obama and his lawyers announced today they are investigating uncle Obama's arresting police officer demanding to see his drivers record, and demanding Obama's DUI be dropped after he almost plowed into a police vehicle.
    The Obama's are on the take, angry at everyone who get in their way. And most of all they are do nothings!

January 12, 2012 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  19. diridi

Obbie, count on me too...I shall campaign for you and for the USA. I can not imagine Rethuglicans rule again....Obama2012.
    PS; You think you are not perfect, but we think you are.....

January 12, 2012 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  20. MWM

Why not? The republicans have been campaigning against him since the results of the 2008 election were posted. Most of the campaigning has been going on in the senate and house.

January 12, 2012 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  21. Emperor Norton

Let's see who Obama winds up running against. It's hard to imagine it'll be anyone besides Romney, and if that's the case, Obama's got it in a slow walk.

January 12, 2012 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  22. bullock w

No No thanks vote for presdient obama and bidien 2012

January 12, 2012 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  23. T'sah From Virginia

►BLITZER’S BLOG: Pres. Obama in full campaign mode◄
    So now let all of the DEAD BEAT CANDIDATES hit the road
    Except for NEWTron because he's campaigning for Obama too
    ginGRINCH and Obama together will turn MITTens into Chicken Soup

All President Obama needs to do is talk about the things MITTens WON'T
    Like RomneyCare and Bain and what he did as a LIBERAL governor – no JOKE!
    Romney gets "agitated" because HOW DARE anyone question him about that CRAP
    All Romney wants to talk about are JOB CREATIONS and that's THAT!!!

Job Creations – (minus) Jobs MITTens “kicked to the curb” = Jobs NOT really created!!!
    Romney’s fast talking + A “blind audience” listening = Job Creations that are INFLATED!!

Obama 2012!!

January 12, 2012 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  24. Bama Girl for Obama

Mr. President I am behind u all the way!
    Obama/Biden 2012

January 12, 2012 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  25. GI Joe

A year after the republicans started running and bashing him, I think it's about time.

January 12, 2012 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |