BLITZER’S BLOG: Why tonight’s debate is must-see TV
January 19th, 2012

BLITZER’S BLOG: Why tonight’s debate is must-see TV

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) - Here are a few things I will be looking for in tonight’s CNN Southern Republican Presidential Debate:

The four remaining candidates have been very tough in beating up on each other in recent days. Will they have the guts to really blast their opponents when they are standing right next to them?

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012
  1. vic , nashville ,tn

I changed my work schedules just to watch tonight debate
    But I miss you Wolf
    No one can beat Wolf Blitzer follow up questions start with “So what you are saying”
    When I hear “So what you are saying” that mean Wolf got them I ready jump up and down

January 19, 2012 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  2. Rudy NYC

If you plan to "let 'em play" rough, then it will be a good snowball fight.

Newt is walking on sunshine. At least that's the way he sees it.
    Romney wants to run for the hills and get out of SC now. Sooner the better.
    Santorum is still waiting for some respect from the media, the other candidates, somebody.
    And, Ron Paul is, uh. Hey, where'd he go? Must be building a pile of snowballs.

I cannot wait.

January 19, 2012 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  3. ja

now who's the front runner

January 19, 2012 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  4. GI Joe

Count how many times Mittens says "It's my turn, It's my turn". (like a little kid in pre-school).

January 19, 2012 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  5. JR

How can i have a question answered by the candidates at tonight's debate????

January 19, 2012 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  6. kayla

you guys give these candidates a pass all the time, they never answer the questions, and when they do answer, it has nothing to do with the topic. so to me, it's a waste of time watching

January 19, 2012 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  7. Rudy NYC

I know. In addition to the colored lights denoting time limits, why don't you put an automatic disconnect on their microphones with a 5 second grace period. Like those Jeopardy buttons that go dead when time runs out.

January 19, 2012 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  8. Hammerer

Obama's talking heads are building up mitt because they know that their guy can not compete with Newt!

January 19, 2012 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  9. unsub

@ hammerer please put down the Wild Turkey! I'll bet u $10k Obama is re-elected!

January 19, 2012 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  10. Anonymous

These flaccid little dog and pony shows are one of the furthest things from "must see" in the world.

January 19, 2012 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  11. Marie MD

Sorry Wolf, I know your girlfriends is trying to squirm/worm herself into the news and cnn is salivating like an old guy wearing a trench coat, but I disagree with you.
    There's is ABOLUSTELY NOTHING to see or hear that hasn't already be heard and seen from these four left standing. As a matter of fact the more they talk the more they sink into the black hole that is the teapublikan party.

January 19, 2012 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  12. willie floyd

Neither of them stands a chance against our pres. Enough said.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012