CNN S.C. Insiders Survey: 'My heart says one thing, my mind says another'
January 21st, 2012

CNN S.C. Insiders Survey: 'My heart says one thing, my mind says another'

Editor's note: James A. Barnes is former chief political correspondent at the National Journal and is part of CNN's Election Night decision team. He is a contributor to The State of American Politics (Rowman & Littlefield, 2001) and has been a guest lecturer at Oxford University.

(CNN) - As South Carolina Republicans begin voting in the first primary of the south today, GOP insiders say that all the candidates have had their problems in Palmetto State, one reason why today's outcome has been so hard to predict.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Polls • Republicans • South Carolina
  1. diridi

.........my stamping says different....what a bull. Educate America, Educate.

January 21, 2012 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  2. DENNA

Thanks for the photo of the voting booth, CNN. It is always nice to put a "face" to people who vote for the GOP. Seeing as so many middle class people have suffered the fate of the poor due to the Bush Administration policies, I just don't know how you can let the GOP have another go at you. What, you didn't lose everything this time around and you want to see how far you can fall under a new Republican administration?

January 21, 2012 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  3. T'sah From Virginia

►CNN S.C. Insiders Survey: 'My heart says one thing, my mind says another'◄
    But I would "definitely" have a vote if still in the race was "Koch's Brother from another Mother!!"
    Therefore, I might just go Rogue and vote for Cobert
    The BEST candidate for the moment because in reality, "I don't care!!"

What a MESS!

Obama 2012!

January 21, 2012 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  4. vic , nashville ,tn

The problem is they don’t have good candidates

January 21, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  5. Sorensen

The choice between a fake plastic flip-flopper and a :catholic" adulterer! Even in S.C. that must be a challenge!!

January 21, 2012 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  6. B

The choice is obvious, the least of the worst GOP picks in history that no-one – really wants.

A wealthy flip flopper, a has been baggage collector, an out of touch religious zealot, and a old extremist that wants to live in the last century..

January 21, 2012 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  7. Woman In California

What really matters is the FACT NONE of them can beat the president. Each brings something really questionable about their character that republicans FEAR will hurt them in the GE. Our president in spite of the hate yelled against him MUST be doing something right. Whatever the case might be – he sure has them AGAINST the ropes.

Go Obama!

January 21, 2012 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  8. Portland tony

My heart says one.........my mind another.....Good Lord, it's a primary vote,__not teenagers in love .....who written this stuff? Jesz!!!

January 21, 2012 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  9. GI Joe

It's gonna take me about a minute this year to vote straight DEM.

I don't like what the last republican did and I don't like the obstructionist republicans in office now.

January 21, 2012 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |