BLITZER'S BLOG: My thoughts before tonight's debate
January 26th, 2012

BLITZER'S BLOG: My thoughts before tonight's debate

Jacksonville, Florida (CNN) - I am blessed with a great team of producers and researchers who have helped me craft a lot of strong questions for tonight’s Republican presidential debate here on the campus of the University of North Florida. First of all, let me thank them. Hopefully, I won’t disappoint our viewers tonight.

This will be my third Republican debate in this presidential cycle. The ones I moderated at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa and at Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C., I thought, were solid and informative. We focused on some of the most important issues impacting Americans. I will try to do that once again tonight.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • CNN Debate • Florida
  1. Paul Howard

A question for all the canidates: Immigration policy is a major topic of dicussion within the Republican party. Do you think Cuban immigrants fleeing Communist terrorism should be treated differently than other Latino immigrants fleeing narco terrorism in their own countries? 2) People pay taxes. The Supreme Court says corporations are people. Should corporations pay taxes at the same rates as people? 3)The military use of enhanced interrogation techniques has been credited with saving American lives. Do you think local law enforcement agencies should be able to use the same techniques for the same reason?(Think about husbands and parents of missing wives and children who have been "less than cooperative" with investgators.)

January 26, 2012 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  2. Tomi

Can you please skip the singing at the start of each CNN debate?
    It is ridiculous.

January 26, 2012 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  3. Taran

These debates are becoming pretty much useless. A lot of the wrong questions are being asked and only talking points are given as answers, due to time I guess. No real "how I'm gonna fix things."

January 26, 2012 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  4. Joseph Rowan

Wolf, if my mom was still here I'd bet she would want to hear more from Santorum than what the media up to this point has given. My question is why is Newt and Romney flip flopping the issues. Romney called for the elimination of the Department of Agriculture in 1994. He can't stay on one side of any issue. Stem cell research he flipped on, his investments don't help American interests. All the money he's got towards the Cayman Islands is outside the country. He ain't paying his fair share of taxes like the average American. My dad pays 30% in taxes and Mitt Romney pays only 14% which strikes me as odd. To me his tax records show, with all due respect, looks like he supports oil companies. Mind if this can be clarified?

January 26, 2012 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  5. Aminata Evora

Please Wolf, ask all the candidates what they view about gay marriage. I believe it is a big mistake for the lawmaker to allow gay marriage when they know they will denie them the right to apply or sponsor green card/citizen for their illegal immigrant's spouse.

January 26, 2012 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |