Huntsman takes on new gig
January 27th, 2012

Huntsman takes on new gig

(CNN) – Former presidential White House hopeful Jon Huntsman was named chairman of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, the Utah-based organization announced Thursday.

Huntsman, former Utah governor and U.S. Ambassador to China, will replace his father, Jon M. Huntsman, who will now serve as chairman emeritus of the foundation.

Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @politicalticker

Huntsman ended his presidential bid in South Carolina on January 16, following his third place finish in New Hampshire's primary.

– CNN Political Producer Rachel Streitfeld contributed to this report.

Also see:

Analysis: When disclosure is so simple it's complicated

Romney campaign will amend disclosure forms

Jeb bush offers no endorsement, but a warning

Filed under: 2012 • Jon Huntsman • Utah
  1. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

No, Mr. Hunts Man is no where close to being a moderate. He is, however, sane and perhaps even decent, which makes him stand out from the current flaccid field of clown car candidates and GOBP leadership.

January 27, 2012 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  2. JAMIE DANILES

I was ready to hear he went back to work for Obama. HE'S A RINO

January 27, 2012 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  3. Andy L.

My dissatisfaction with Obama and the GOP candidates may have me putting him down as a write in vote. Now if only I can convince about 80 million others voters to do the same.

January 27, 2012 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  4. Larry in Houston

can't much blame him – I guess if you've got millions of dollars – why not ? If he had it all in a bank – the gov't would eventually tax him to death.

January 27, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  5. EJ22

Jamie D: What part of pro-guns, pro-life, flat tax, and term limits makes him a RINO? The term RINO has lost any meaning, anymore. It's just something people say when they don't like a candidate but have no intelligent reason to do so.

January 27, 2012 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  6. Larry in Houston

I'm voting democrat Not b/c I'm for obama – I just can't bring myself to the polls to vote for a republican. I wish the DNC would get smart for a change – get somebody else – but I doubt if that will happen.

January 27, 2012 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  7. Al-NY,NY

JAMIE DANILES

I was ready to hear he went back to work for Obama. HE'S A RINO
    --------–

oh heaven forbid!!!!! What a joke you are. Just because he actually talks with, and not at a democrat and has the nerve to work with them he's a RINO??? Do you pass the 1930's Germany-inspired "purity" test" of the GOP? If so, that explains your ranting

January 27, 2012 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  8. The Real Tom Paine

Good for him! What he needs an events coordinator, I hear Romney will be available after November.

January 27, 2012 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  9. Rick McDaniel

Big deal.

Anyone can work for their family.

January 27, 2012 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  10. vic , nashville ,tn

Jon Huntsman is good person

January 27, 2012 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  11. Rudy NYC

EJ22

-------------
    @EJ22 – You have to be crazed and delusional. If not, then you're nothing more than a RINO.

January 27, 2012 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  12. @OmegaRaiel

Working for charity?
    That's the opposite of Republicanism!

January 27, 2012 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  13. Phil in KC

My mother, my aunt and 2 cousins died of cancer. I have sister who has beat it. So applaud him for taking this up as his life's work now. He seems like a nice guy, too. I wish him the best in this new endeavor.

January 27, 2012 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  14. jim

Huntsman is quite conservative, more so than Gingrich or Romney. He's also moral, experienced, intelligent, and places country before party. That is why the GOP dumped him. The GOP does not want a conservative, they want a lackey to do the bidding of the Military-Industrial complex just like ol' Dubya. He's the only one that could have defeated Obama. The GOP, thanks to the Tea Party, is a mess.

January 27, 2012 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  15. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

Whoop-de-doo! Yawn. He wouldn't have gotten the mainstream GOP nod anyway because of his Mormon beliefs, I'm convinced. And neither will Willard Romney for the same reason.

January 27, 2012 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  16. Woman In California

Personally, I can't stand this guy.

January 27, 2012 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  17. A Southern Lady

Mr. Huntsman is a good and decent man and stood hands-about the other Repubican candidates for President. But the Republican party has been taken over by the Tea Party crazies and all the near-normal Republicans, who are afraid to challenge the behavior of the Tea Partiers for fear of losing their positions, have allowed the once-proud Republican party to simply down-grade to what it is today. In the future, should the statesmen that once distinguished the R's again take control, such as Bob Dole of Kansas and John Warner of Va., then a man the caliber of Jon Huntsman would be recognized as the valuable Republican that he is and featured as the come-back candidate of the Party.

January 27, 2012 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |